Autos Under A Mars Hydro FC 4800: Soilless & FN Fertilizer, By Farside05

My bottle reads a little different. No Ca at all, and S is higher. It does have Ammonium Nitrate on the label, and most times it's Calcium Ammonium Nitrate that is used. There's probably some Ca, just not accounted for. Fox Farms does the same thing on their labels.

16535766670116617720261321721896.jpg
Those are hugely high N numbers on both. I feel confident now saying you have a bit of N toxicity. If it were me, I would discontinue the use of calmag altogether. Let it go without for at least three straight feedings (that should be more than a week) and see if they start to improve. Best suggestion I can give you. !5%, wow. @Emilya, I'm tagging you because I very much don't want to give this man poor advice. Would you be able to chime in here please when you have the chance?

Those are hugely high N numbers on both. I feel confident now saying you have a bit of N toxicity. If it were me, I would discontinue the use of calmag altogether. Let it go without for at least three straight feedings (that should be more than a week) and see if they start to improve. Best suggestion I can give you. !5%, wow. @Emilya, I'm tagging you because I very much don't want to give this man poor advice. Would you be able to chime in here please when you have the chance?

Hi! I consider calmag to be a special use supplement, only to be used when needed. If you are adding significant N with the calmag, just as in the MC world, this can cause troubles later in bloom.

All caught up Farside. Sorry for getting behind. I am always missing notifications. Plants are looking lovely BTW! I have a Northern Lights Auto going outside right now. I have high hopes this will be my first successful auto plant. She's not quite as happy as yours but alive nonetheless!

I use Osmocote Indoor/Outdoor Plus on a lot of different plant species. Works excellently. I have no doubts I could grow cannabis with it. But it's definitely missing calcium. Here is the one I use for reference. Everything from pothos indoors to redwoods in 15 gallon and larger containers.
Screenshot_20220526-080155_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I'm yet to grow a plant that has leaves like it's "stated" dominant side! Doug's Varin was supposed to be sativa:
full
I have tried to move away from the sativa & indica descriptions. Or not get hung up on them as "sativa will have this effect on me but indica make me feel like..." expectation. It is a difficult thing to give up in this "industry" but it really should be focused more on the terpenes. Which ones and/or combination and concentration of these terpenes make me feel like "this". This is where I believe we need to be as an industry to truly get people medicated accurately for any number of conditions. Ultimately getting the general public and policy makers an actual window into the incredible versatility this plant has to offer. Personally...I think our governments know exactly how great this plant is and purposely keep it from the masses. I digress...

Narrow leaf and broad leaf varieties tend to exhibit specific differences to their heritage genetics (environment, growth pattern, terpenes, etc.). I could keep going but I'm boring myself.

Marketing and profits seem to be a common denominator for those two descriptions, Sativa and Indica. Are we are too far down that path that it seems impossible to right the ship? IDK...I'm just sitting here waiting for my Blue Dream (top 3 terps myrcene, pinene, caryophyllene) capsules to kick in. Or maybe they already kicked in when I started writing all this? :hmmmm:

1) it's time released Osmocote
2) It's being used on a mint plant, not cannabis
3) 15-5-20 is the same as 3-1-4, you just feed at 20%. Doesn't matter how big the numbers are if you are dosing appropriately.
4) I never said I was using Cal-Mag with anything. Just that Osmocote would seem like it would be Ca deficient for growing Cannabis.
5) Inviting Emilya to come comment on me feeding anything? :rofl:. Our history shows we are oil and water. We are polar opposites on just about anything Nute of pH related.
6) Nothing personal @Emilya . She does her and I do me. Occasionally we butt heads. She's got her wall and I got mine and neither seems to be budging. Although someday I hope to win her over. :rofl:

MY APOLOGIES @farside05, you must think I'm a moron! I am, but not this much of one. Just enough of one to have posted this in your thread rather than the one in which it was intended. This post is not for you, of course on everything you said. Sorry to confuse you and force you into a slap down of me, which I deserved...lol. My bad. Too high.

I took your post, thought someone else posted it, responded to that someone else in a non-related way, and then plunked it attached to your picture. Yep....moron.

Edit - you and E's thing is your thing, none of my business, and I wouldn't put the two of you together as I seemed to do in that post. Lol. I know better and am not trying to intentionally make a mess and not clean it up. Lol. Sorry again.

...I'm just sitting here waiting for my Blue Dream (top 3 terps myrcene, pinene, caryophyllene) capsules to kick in. Or maybe they already kicked in when I started writing all this? :hmmmm:

Amen, Amen, and Amen.

My Original Glue definitely has kicked in. Whatever the terp combo is, It's one of my favorites. This is feeling awesome and functional. I can sit on the couch, or be mobile. My choice. My other favorite feeling I call "Merman". I surround myself in my bed with pillows, and cover with 2 blankets. It's the self proclaimed "cocoon of happiness". This part happens most of the time I decide to smoke. One pillow normally goes between my knees to relive lower back pain. If at any time, your legs melt together, including the pillow in between, you have now become MERMAN! Coming soon to a theater near you.

MY APOLOGIES @farside05, you must think I'm a moron! I am, but not this much of one. Just enough of one to have posted this in your thread rather than the one in which it was intended. This post is not for you, of course on everything you said. Sorry to confuse you and force you into a slap down of me, which I deserved...lol. My bad. Too high.

I took your post, thought someone else posted it, responded to that someone else in a non-related way, and then plunked it attached to your picture. Yep....moron.

Edit - you and E's thing is your thing, none of my business, and I wouldn't put the two of you together as I seemed to do in that post. Lol. I know better and am not trying to intentionally make a mess and not clean it up. Lol. Sorry again.

It happens, no blood no foul.

My bottle reads a little different.
That's because they seem to make a few different products. Yours, mine, and Baked's are all differently named.

I recommended Osmocote+ because I recall that's what Doc started with before he developed his kit. I knew it would need something in flower but figured it would be pretty good through veg, particularly with LA tap water.

4 lb bag of GF Bloom at Amazon is $44 which is pricier than the Osmocote+. And I am sure they are not up to mixing 7 bottles of some of the sponsor samples I have on hand.

AM of Day 23

Yesterday I topped the other 3 girls.

Since @InTheShed likes to call the 90 degree red bendy things "peppers", and that's a lot shorter than 90 degree red bendy things, I will henceforth refer to them as simply peppers.

I relocated the peppers on the back right and added peppers to the back left.

The front Bruce Banners got some much needed defoliation and light branch manipulation. No peppers yet.

They all got fed 2 gallons each of the 8's.

I'm sure they'll look much better by evening as the turn their branches back towards the @Mars Hydro FC4800.

Good move re-placing the peppers ever few days so they don't strangle the stems!

I wouldn't leave them in the same place for more than 3 days. Would be interesting to leave them on indefinitely just to see what happens, but I don't think I'm running that experiment.

What a difference 12 hours makes.

It's like night and day...

Oh, wait ......it is night and day... :hmmmm:

Sweet looking ladies there, farside!

@Verbalist already did that test with those clips and he did not like the results one bit.
Say no more Shed! :laughtwo:
They were actual garbage. I'd buy an adjustable ones at least if I'd use them.
Thing is they outgrow way too fast especially during the stretch. And if you have to adjust them daily, does it even make a difference then?
Decided I'll stick to the good old wire. Always works and same ties can sit still for 5-7days with the same kind of results. :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom