Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

Forgot to add some pics .
420-magazine-mobile55556087.jpg
420-magazine-mobile716043065.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2027350390.jpg

I suggest you start a journal if haven't already. Your questions can get lost on this thread as it is huge and has many, many people posting in it also. You are welcome to PM after your 50 posts are met. Pennywise and Demonic Angel are beyond helpful if you ask them. Sorry if I sounded gruff above, Why I dropped the apology in.
It's ok I get the same way a don't mean too. I am actually very interested in growing just autos, but had a couple of bag seeds so said what the hell..lol

I'm looking for some insight on when to flip my auto northern lights ? I'm at day 37 since popping out of the soil and started bloom nutrients today. I topped at day 18 and started lst. This is my second auto grow the first one I flipped on day 50 and the yield was very light and airy buds so I could use some help. I'm running a 400watt hps 20/4 temps at 82*f. For the most part and Rh around 50% . Thanks for the help 420ers

I have grown autos at 18/6 and 24/0. I also don't change the time on my autos once I start. Autos do not need 12/12. My 18/6 was airy and light. My 24/0 was by far the best yield and smoke for any autos I have grown indoors. My next test is 20/4. I always bud boost with an enhancer and my lights were only 3x14w in a small stealth box. I got 36g off an 18" Northern Lights auto that was flowering at day 19. I also like my autos outdoors when I can.

Ehi guys,

Basically I got those 3 autos almost ready at day 69. I don't want to harvest when trichomes are all brown but I prefer a more milky/cloudy percentage.

I can still see some white pistils on the plants (lower branches) but mostly brown on the upper part.

What do you think I should do with the upper part if it's ready before the others?
What do you think, from the pictures, about trichomes?

Thank you

420-magazine-mobile1314086583.jpg
420-magazine-mobile993105312.jpg

Q: how can i diagnose a saltbuildup in the medium ? i mean is this why my runoff is still to acidic after running 30l of phed water through my 10l pottingsoil

satursday i have the house for myself ... maybe i should flush again with unph'ed tapwater at 8.5 ish to compensate for runoff being around 5 ish ...i can do it in bathroom then hehe without the misses around to nag or go ballistic after she sees the plant sitting in the tub hehe

pt

Sounds like a good plan, PT

Ehi guys,

Basically I got those 3 autos almost ready at day 69. I don't want to harvest when trichomes are all brown but I prefer a more milky/cloudy percentage.

I can still see some white pistils on the plants (lower branches) but mostly brown on the upper part.

What do you think I should do with the upper part if it's ready before the others?
What do you think, from the pictures, about trichomes?

Thank you

420-magazine-mobile1314086583.jpg
420-magazine-mobile993105312.jpg
Never hurts to give it a couple of extra days if in doubt :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm looking for some insight on when to flip my auto northern lights ? I'm at day 37 since popping out of the soil and started bloom nutrients today. I topped at day 18 and started lst. This is my second auto grow the first one I flipped on day 50 and the yield was very light and airy buds so I could use some help. I'm running a 400watt hps 20/4 temps at 82*f. For the most part and Rh around 50% . Thanks for the help 420ers
No need to flip an auto. I stay on 18/6. Some like 20/4.

If you flipped to 12/12 your last grow with autos it probably hurt your yields a little bit.

Yeah, for sure :) what do you think from the pictures?
Ive just done 2 harvests so far and since I medicate for anxiety and depression I like my trichs well developed. Last crop I went to day 82 i think with autos. Checkout my instagram account 420ShadesOfViolet I got trich pics there.

Ive just done 2 harvests so far and since I medicate for anxiety and depression I like my trichs well developed. Last crop I went to day 82 i think with autos. Checkout my instagram account 420ShadesOfViolet I got trich pics there.

All right, thank you mate.

Much appreciate it

You got me there. I've never used it so cannot comment. Hopefully someone who has can answer that.
Yes the ph perfect an nute just tap water make sure under 150 ppm your golden

You got me there. I've never used it so cannot comment. Hopefully someone who has can answer that.
Just make sure you have the right an for what growing soil medium your using . Coco Is different line needed for it as supposed to coco

@clayboy

autos 101 from my limited experience but wellread up:

1) look at seedbanks seed to harvest time, take note of it and then forget what ye read! Most autos if not all will easely go longer, my heart bleeds every time i read someone complaining about airy buds an white pistils from his last autogrow. ALLWAYS look at trichs and ALLWAYS asume seedbanks lie about timers!!!

2) with autos it is not beneficial to shorten lightcycles below 18/6 AND it is a waste of electricity and money to run it longer then 20/4 and it can even hurt your yield as plants also like some rest from time to time.

3) autos can be topped but it is best done when you are 100% confident they are thriving when ye top them, strugling or unhappy plants will react more severe to topping, do some research on your strains try to find a strain that has been sufficiently backcrossed so you end up with about 10% ruderalis (just enough to keep the autoflower trait and low enough to keep as much genetics as possible from its non autoflower ancestors) i can recommend humboldt blue dream auto (60%sativa/30%indica/10%ruderalis) and if you wanna top stay away from lowryders and the likes of early auto strains as they often are 50% ruderalis (to my best knowledge).

4) Most autos dont like heavy nutes! keep that in mind.

5) autos dont like transplants

6) autos cannot be cloned or revegged (timer depleted = dying plant)

these are the most pronounced diffrences between autos and photos ... fuck up on these rules and you will cry in the end or at least facepalm ;)

PT

Back
Top Bottom