Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

Day 92 Train Wreck Autos from cks.

The untopped plant has. Even flushing for 5 days. The topped girl still has at least a week before I start the flush. Looking like I'll get a nice yield on my first grow.

420-magazine-mobile571984087.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Nice freakin job mate. I was so going to get train wreck instead of early miss. Those nugs are looking sweet. Welcome to the emerald forest!!! Dude, for real.....looking at those really makes me happy for someone....& that someone is you bro!!! Congrats sir!!!:thumb::goodjob::high-five:

Nice freakin job mate. I was so going to get train wreck instead of early miss. Those nugs are looking sweet. Welcome to the emerald forest!!! Dude, for real.....looking at those really makes me happy for someone....& that someone is you bro!!! Congrats sir!!!:thumb::goodjob::high-five:

You're enthusiasm is awesome and infectious. Thanks dude!

I'll never forget the first time I had train wreck. 2003, in West Virginia, at the all good music festival. My buddy was lucky enough to cross paths with a guy that had an oz cola. Potentially the best smoke I've ever crossed, so it was a no brained when I saw cks had autos for sale.

Beautiful

Sent from my SGH-I337M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You're enthusiasm is awesome and infectious. Thanks dude!

I'll never forget the first time I had train wreck. 2003, in West Virginia, at the all good music festival. My buddy was lucky enough to cross paths with a guy that had an oz cola. Potentially the best smoke I've ever crossed, so it was a no brained when I saw cks had autos for sale.

Yeah, we have a killer place around here called the Suwannee river campground, where they have all kinds of music festivals and free camps for kids getting to know instruments or their voices. Awesome place. They have kardashian camping for all those that don't like real camping....ahem..most ladies. Then they have primitive , bring your flashlights, gallon of bug spray, and old corn cobs ...bear grylls type camping. But all come to the same stage when the music starts. Bluegrass, country, Dave Mathews type. U name it

Was wondering if anyone can shed any light on defoliating autos? I keep finding a lot of conflicting info on the net and I literally have no experience, I'm doing my first grow so I really don't want to do anything that might mess things up, I just want to make it to harvest!!
420-magazine-mobile1386717194.jpg

The two at the back don't really need it, plus just keeping them as short as possible is enough of a worry for them but the two at the front may need a bit? Or not? Do I just leave them be??? Any help or advice would be much appreciated . ✌️.

Was wondering if anyone can shed any light on defoliating autos? I keep finding a lot of conflicting info on the net and I literally have no experience, I'm doing my first grow so I really don't want to do anything that might mess things up, I just want to make it to harvest!!

The two at the back don't really need it, plus just keeping them as short as possible is enough of a worry for them but the two at the front may need a bit? Or not? Do I just leave them be??? Any help or advice would be much appreciated . ✌️.

Dude I'm in the same boat with you. I took off 4 big perfectly green fans off one of mine, and it's fine...possibly better/def not worse, than her sisters. But I have no idea if that was genetics, environment or the trimming. Good luck bro. Nice plants by the way. Keep it up buddy.

I defoliate my first autos and got pretty good yield.
Looking at that photo it's hard to say yes or no, I think you have to make a call, is there are any leafs that are covering the bud sites? Is the air circulation good enough so you won't have mold or fungus?

Personally I would take few leafs out at the time, like max 5-6 that I know would make a difference in light penetration. Just take your time, have a good look at the canopy and take one out, than the next one, examine if that was a good call and adjust if needed for the following one. They are stronger plants than we tend to think. Just don't go for it crazy, wait a day or two watching them closely to see how they responded and I'm sure you will be grand!

I defoliate my first autos and got pretty good yield.
Looking at that photo it's hard to say yes or no, I think you have to make a call, is there are any leafs that are covering the bud sites? Is the air circulation good enough so you won't have mold or fungus?

Personally I would take few leafs out at the time, like max 5-6 that I know would make a difference in light penetration. Just take your time, have a good look at the canopy and take one out, than the next one, examine if that was a good call and adjust if needed for the following one. They are stronger plants than we tend to think. Just don't go for it crazy, wait a day or two watching them closely to see how they responded and I'm sure you will be grand!

Thanks a lot for the advice, I'll have a look this afternoon and see how it is. I may even just do one plant and leave the other to get a bit of a rough idea on the benefits from it . if I do decide to go that route I will post some updates so y'all can see how it goes and whether it benefits that particular strain .

It's all a science, and the only way you'll find out is by experimenting. It seems shitty when it's your first grow, bc you just want the most smoke possible, but you're going to get plenty of smoke from those girls - time to start experimenting so your future grows benefit that much more from the trial and errors you encounter.

I topped, trimmed all thru stretch, lollipopped in the first week of flower, and my girls (Train Wreck Autos) have taken to it all quite nicely. In fact, I had two plants. I topped one and left the other to just grow, so I could see what a plant would do all on its own. So, they both had the same enviroment and the same trimmings, except the topped plant has grown much fuller and produced WAY more bud. Earlier on, just be minimal in the amount of leaves you pull off. Maybe 4 leaves, then wait to see how the react. If they continue to stretch an inch a night, trim away a few more leaves. A wise man told me, we're here to grow bud, not leaves, so anytime you see leaves blocking bud sites from receiving light, cut the fat!

Hi all!!! Just wanted to share the beginning of my second grow just getting underway. It's a White Widow Auto:

WW_Day_2_pics_003.JPG

Day_1_pics_002.JPG

Currently on Day 2 and just got her in the tent and bucket today (doing it DWC). Would love to have you along for the ride. The link to my journal is below in my signature.

Would love to hear feedback from other WW Auto growers. Did you find it to be an easy grow? Did the plant get pretty big? I plan on topping with this grow as well, so would love to hear others' feedback regarding both the strain and training!

Hi all!!! Just wanted to share the beginning of my second grow just getting underway. It's a White Widow Auto:

WW_Day_2_pics_003.JPG

Day_1_pics_002.JPG

Currently on Day 2 and just got her in the tent and bucket today (doing it DWC). Would love to have you along for the ride. The link to my journal is below in my signature.

Would love to hear feedback from other WW Auto growers. Did you find it to be an easy grow? Did the plant get pretty big? I plan on topping with this grow as well, so would love to hear others' feedback regarding both the strain and training!
I haven't grown w w before but the are a few on here in know . Lady k 3 moonshine I belive have those strains.

my journal
King's True Grow - Autos - LED - 900 - Tent - Pro Mix

Hello guys,

I'm new on the website and glad to be part of it. By the way it's my first time growing autos as I did only photo period strains.

I was wondering if it should be time to harvest for me on those autoflowering strains. I'm at 67 days from seed.

Details about grow set up:

- 1.20 x 1.20 x 2.00 m grow tent
- Small fan
- Rhyno air extraction system with carbon filter
- Cool tube from black orchid
- Sometimes another small air extraction system during the summer
- 16 L fabric pots
- 70% canna coco natural
- 30% perlite
- Bio green liquid fertilizer complete set:
Root x
Bio grow 1
Bio bloom 2
Bloom x
Pk 13/14
Calgel
Biozym
- Ph water 5.7/6.0
- trays and pots lifted

Strains:

- Dark Devil auto (sweet seeds)
- northern Light auto(royal queen seeds)
- royal Jack auto (royal queen seeds)

See attached pictures and please let me know as I'm not sure about trichomes.

Thank you guys

420-magazine-mobile924752704.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1810295740.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1110598719.jpg
420-magazine-mobile766350024.jpg
420-magazine-mobile224448526.jpg
420-magazine-mobile377084729.jpg
420-magazine-mobile513217449.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando 420 Magazine

Hello guys,

I'm new on the website and glad to be part of it. By the way it's my first time growing autos as I did only photo period strains.

I was wondering if it should be time to harvest for me on those autoflowering strains. I'm at 67 days from seed.

Details about grow set up:

- 1.20 x 1.20 x 2.00 m grow tent
- Small fan
- Rhyno air extraction system with carbon filter
- Cool tube from black orchid
- Sometimes another small air extraction system during the summer
- 16 L fabric pots
- 70% canna coco natural
- 30% perlite
- Bio green liquid fertilizer complete set:
Root x
Bio grow 1
Bio bloom 2
Bloom x
Pk 13/14
Calgel
Biozym
- Ph water 5.7/6.0
- trays and pots lifted

Strains:

- Dark Devil auto (sweet seeds)
- northern Light auto(royal queen seeds)
- royal Jack auto (royal queen seeds)

See attached pictures and please let me know as I'm not sure about trichomes.

Thank you guys

420-magazine-mobile924752704.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1810295740.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1110598719.jpg
420-magazine-mobile766350024.jpg
420-magazine-mobile224448526.jpg
420-magazine-mobile377084729.jpg
420-magazine-mobile513217449.jpg

at first sight it seems abit early to harvest already .... if you want to be sure check the trichomes ... as soon as the clears are gone they are at peak ripeness ...
remember ... its waaaay easier to harvest to early as it is to harvest to late ...

Pt

I concur with PT above. Without seeing the trichomes it's really impossible to tell how close to ready they are, but it looks as if few of the pistils have even changed colour. Based on the pistils alone, I'd say you have at least 2 weeks to go.

Thanks for the answer. Wow 2 weeks seems too much for me, As i want to swap to 12/12 as I have one photoperiod, I think it should be all right to do one more week or so like this.

I'll remove the main bud before as it seems it will be ready before the other brunches/buds.

What do you think? @greengostarr or anyone else :)

Do you have a magnifying glass/loupe or scope to check the trichomes? If not, you really need to invest in one as it's essential for harvest IMHO.

You do realise that the main cola will also be the most potent, right? If you chop that too early you'll be diddling yourself.

Here's a link to give you more info on when to harvest - just remove the spaces

w ww.grow weedeasy. com/harvest

Back
Top Bottom