Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

I don't think they use them. I think the google web crawler just locates and indexes them and that's why they end up in a google search. You'll find many posts from all over the site pop up in a google search.

If you are concerned about your images being located, just don't give any specific information when you post them. For example, if you have some nice nug shots just call them xyz or such like.

Here is the web address for one of my pics
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/wwxbbs.jpg

I just did an image search for wwxbbs and another of my pics was the first result and that was based on the text from the post rather than the image name.

So could someone find out where & when the pic was originally taken?? Thanks g

That is indeed a possibility if the image was uploaded with the exif information. That's why I strip the exif data using a photo editing program before uploading.

The one I use can be downloaded for free here PhotoScape : Free Photo Editing Software (Photo Editor) Download

It's just a matter of loading your image into the program and saving. A screen then pops up with saving options and you just need to uncheck the save exif data box.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean the NSA isn't watching me. :)

The Exif format has standard tags for location information. As of 2014 many cameras and most mobile phones have a built-in GPS receiver that stores the location information in the Exif header when a picture is taken. Some other cameras have a separate GPS receiver that fits into the flash connector or hot shoe. Recorded GPS data can also be added to any digital photograph on a computer, either by correlating the time stamps of the photographs with a GPS record from a hand-held GPS receiver or manually by using a map or mapping software. The process of adding geographic information to a photograph is known as geotagging. Photo-sharing communities like Panoramio, locr or Flickr equally allow their users to upload geocoded pictures or to add geolocation information online.

I don't think they use them. I think the google web crawler just locates and indexes them and that's why they end up in a google search. You'll find many posts from all over the site pop up in a google search.

If you are concerned about your images being located, just don't give any specific information when you post them. For example, if you have some nice nug shots just call them xyz or such like.

Here is the web address for one of my pics
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/wwxbbs.jpg

I just did an image search for wwxbbs and another of my pics was the first result and that was based on the text from the post rather than the image name.

I just turned off exit data for camera app. Will that keep pics from divulging location & time

I have iPhone 6s so not sure if it's the same or what phone you have but it went.....settings, privacy, location services, then click camera app/icon, and slide to "never". I sure don't want any unmarked impala's or new mailmen, or fake Electric company reps around here!!!! Lol. If the man realllllly wanted to get that info, I'm quite sure this wouldn't be good enough to hide from him. Lol.

I see why they call these plants "all toes" , cause they do AU ta work. Auto pilot comes to mind. Def getting photos if I do this again. And completely outdoors. Sorry, but this tent shi? Is kinda boring to me. Kinda like watching paint dry. Sigh!!!!

Great day to you all!! I need some medicine. In a pissy mood.

I have iPhone 6s so not sure if it's the same or what phone you have but it went.....settings, privacy, location services, then click camera app/icon, and slide to "never". I sure don't want any unmarked impala's or new mailmen, or fake Electric company reps around here!!!! Lol. If the man realllllly wanted to get that info, I'm quite sure this wouldn't be good enough to hide from him. Lol.
Thanks alot bro

my journal
Auto Flower NYC Diesel & Regular Feminized White Cookies Grow

If only I had some. Wonder when I could pinch a piece of my medicine off & get a worthwhile benefit from it? How long does a dry to smoke take again? I'm thinking/hoping these will be finished in at most, 40 days!! Whoa that's a long time with no meds.
No idea. I really am .learning myself I know when your a week or two away you might be able to dry it or microwave.

my journal
Auto Flower NYC Diesel & Regular Feminized White Cookies Grow

Day 92 Train Wreck Autos from cks.

The untopped plant has. Even flushing for 5 days. The topped girl still has at least a week before I start the flush. Looking like I'll get a nice yield on my first grow.

420-magazine-mobile571984087.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom