Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

High Ween,
A fan speed controller would address the tent sucking issue.
gl Fan Speed Controller

Fan speed controllers can be found at HARBOR FREIGHT, if you have one in your area,
they can be found in the ROUTER Tool section, Exactly the same and half that price.

Thanks Duggan! I wouldn't want to mess with the zipper in fear of light leaks and have an intake fan but it's a cheesy box store one, I think 142 CFM or something like that but have a spare, maybe I'll add it and have 2! Cheers bud!

Yup get a better intake fan for more intake, CL Cheap.
Also just because I was thinking about it, I keep My inlet fan
on the floor outside of the tent and at times I can use
it for cooling or heating, just put a small heater or Swamp cooler
in front of its intake :)

Fan speed controllers can be found at HARBOR FREIGHT, if you have one in your area,
they can be found in the ROUTER Tool section, Exactly the same and half that price.

Thanks Gazoo! I actually saw you post this somewhere else and checked my HD since we don't have harbor freight here. I didn't look too hard though. I actually run two fans on 1 controller but it'd make sense to have 2.

Yup get a better intake fan for more intake, CL Cheap.
Also just because I was thinking about it, I keep My inlet fan
on the floor outside of the tent and at times I can use
it for cooling or heating, just put a small heater or Swamp cooler
in front of its intake :)

I'll look on CL but why not just use what I've got, it'll probably do the trick. I have my intake at the bottom of the tent with about 6 feet of ducting, in the summer the duct sits on the ground and in winter at the top of the tent to draw in warm air, fan is always at the bottom. I also have an old school hair dryer pointing into the duct on a temp sensor so if it gets below 68, the hair dryer goes on but that is very rare. One night I forgot to close the door completely and it went on, I was like wtf so went and checked on it to see the door opened a crack.

Thanks Gazoo! I actually saw you post this somewhere else and checked my HD since we don't have harbor freight here. I didn't look too hard though. I actually run two fans on 1 controller but it'd make sense to have 2.

I'll look on CL but why not just use what I've got, it'll probably do the trick. I have my intake at the bottom of the tent with about 6 feet of ducting, in the summer the duct sits on the ground and in winter at the top of the tent to draw in warm air, fan is always at the bottom. I also have an old school hair dryer pointing into the duct on a temp sensor so if it gets below 68, the hair dryer goes on but that is very rare. One night I forgot to close the door completely and it went on, I was like wtf so went and checked on it to see the door opened a crack.

Oh that's right, Forgot about your HAIR DRYER, my kind of fix :)
For sure use what you have. Another idea maybe switch up the intake with the
outlet fan ? maybe the other-way around will help, More power in?

Oh that's right, Forgot about your HAIR DRYER, my kind of fix :)
For sure use what you have. Another idea maybe switch up the intake with the
outlet fan ? maybe the other-way around will help, More power in?

Ummm, I'm pretty much a dumb ass! I have an extra 442 CFM, ha! :rofl: not sure if I'll use it or not but if I did, it would sit outside of the tent to save room.

Dang guys... guess I suck a this stuff. I have always just used passive intake/ extraction fan only. What are the benefits to having forced air intake?
I always figured if I forced more air through my humidity would go with it... I guess thats a good way to choose where you wanna get your air from, but I keep the closet a certain temp and raise the humidity in the closet as well as the bedroom it is in. So I figured the more air I move the more humidity I have to make, is this correct in your experiences?

Dang guys... guess I suck a this stuff. I have always just used passive intake/ extraction fan only. What are the benefits to having forced air intake?
I always figured if I forced more air through my humidity would go with it... I guess thats a good way to choose where you wanna get your air from, but I keep the closet a certain temp and raise the humidity in the closet as well as the bedroom it is in. So I figured the more air I move the more humidity I have to make, is this correct in your experiences?

it's Ok 119,...the only time a forced air , intake is needed, is when there is a big air pressure imbalance . Normally air pressure will even up ok on it's own but with these tents a lot of yous are using,..it becomes a challenge at times. My GR door is always closed...when i started using this room, i cut a rectangular hole in the drywall that is in the rec. rm. Installed a white steel grill, just looks like a cold air return , i guess. That's where the air comes from for my GR , and the work shop of course. Puffed from a joint again today...in the GR..watched the flow of air. Man i tell ya , that 6 inch Ostberg fan of mine , really sucks good , wow, seeing the smoke head right for it. anyhow , cheers eh!

In honor of all the Hawaii 5-O style ocean going canoe crew. :cool::Rasta:

The one doesn't even fit in the 5 gallon bucket because she is so spread out. Let her sit a little longer to soak it up and of course added some to the top. Transplant is coming up soon, say 7- 10 days.

IMG_20180204_175521.jpg

IMG_20180204_175539.jpg

Betcha can't wait to see what you can do with them in those eh. I'm lookin forward to it:)
You all set up for lots of light , right?

You are correct sir! I must fill the tent and get a better yield than my last 10.5 zips. I'm gonna add my 2 Mars 96 led 205w, angled per your suggestion but also probably the only way they fit in with the Goliath and fan filter combo.

Hi Ween,

Now I am subb'd up to your journal, I used a 6' intake fan and removed it because it was a PIA to work that side of the tent. I just went with passive air flow and it works fine.

Not sure the brand of tent or what size your using, but if it is a gorilla grow tent, they make bars for the sides of the tent for that very reason.
I will have to go back and read up on this journal, but if it is a gorilla and a 4X4 they are currently out of stock of those bars.

Saw them on other sites but they were a bit more pricey and in stock.

I saw you mention the Goliath light, are you using one? I am thinking about getting one. Care to share your thoughts on it?

Hi Ween,

Now I am subb'd up to your journal, I used a 6' intake fan and removed it because it was a PIA to work that side of the tent. I just went with passive air flow and it works fine.

Not sure the brand of tent or what size your using, but if it is a gorilla grow tent, they make bars for the sides of the tent for that very reason.
I will have to go back and read up on this journal, but if it is a gorilla and a 4X4 they are currently out of stock of those bars.

Saw them on other sites but they were a bit more pricey and in stock.

I saw you mention the Goliath light, are you using one? I am thinking about getting one. Care to share your thoughts on it?

Hey OL! Welcome to my journal! Great to see you! This journal covers a few grows but my current 3 will go into #15's in about a week so I'd say your pretty much caught up on what is going on now. I am hoping I can fill my 4X4 as nicely as you have yours. It is not a gorilla but I do have one not in use because it is too tall for where I am growing now, I was in the garage. I'm pretty sure the side bars would work for this tent so thanks for the heads up.

I am happy with the Goliath but I bet Duggan and Dark may steer you to the bud master God 9. Dark was going to go with the Goliath but had some issues with his perfect sun, maybe ask him. The Goliath is really big 2.5' by 2.5' and 67 lbs but it has excellent coverage. I'm going to try to add my 2 spare Mars LEDs in effort to give em as much light as possible.

Welcome again! It's just about to get interesting!

Rock on!

:theband:

Hey OL! Welcome to my journal! Great to see you! This journal covers a few grows but my current 3 will go into #15's in about a week so I'd say your pretty much caught up on what is going on now. I am hoping I can fill my 4X4 as nicely as you have yours. It is not a gorilla but I do have one not in use because it is too tall for where I am growing now, I was in the garage. I'm pretty sure the side bars would work for this tent so thanks for the heads up.

I am happy with the Goliath but I bet Duggan and Dark may steer you to the bud master God 9. Dark was going to go with the Goliath but had some issues with his perfect sun, maybe ask him. The Goliath is really big 2.5' by 2.5' and 67 lbs but it has excellent coverage. I'm going to try to add my 2 spare Mars LEDs in effort to give em as much light as possible.

Welcome again! It's just about to get interesting!

Rock on!

:theband:

Thank you,

I did go back and read a big part of your journal last night, also searched your thread for "Goliath". I also looked up the GOD9, it would not only have to ship from overseas but is twice as expensive. So for convenience and cost, I would lean towards the Goliath. Would be interested in hearing the issues Dark had with his perfect sun however.

looks like your well on your way atm, so I will shut-up and watch now. :thumb:

Thank you,

I did go back and read a big part of your journal last night, also searched your thread for "Goliath". I also looked up the GOD9, it would not only have to ship from overseas but is twice as expensive. So for convenience and cost, I would lean towards the Goliath. Would be interested in hearing the issues Dark had with his perfect sun however.

looks like your well on your way atm, so I will shut-up and watch now. :thumb:

Ha! :rofl: please feel free to chime in anytime. I'm gonna send you a pm.

:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom