Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

Ween, Gazoo, Yeti...and others. That method in the dwg. is NOT advisable......use the pipe cleaners to spread out those or any other branches. You have to pull those branches away from the main stalk and tie them down. Way better method , than trying to push them apart....you may wind up splitting them away from the main stalk doing it that way. I thought of something similar yrs. ago but found pipe cleaners (or whatever)and using the tie down and SC methods work just dandy. Just sayin Ok gents. lets not make this too complicated OK ...keep it simple .
Have a great night Ween and friends!

Watering with tie downs is a pain in the ass I have to agree there. You could always get a watering can. That way you can poke the spout in between ties easier.

Or go with a top water ring and small aquarium pump hooked to a cycle timer
works great, Ring can be left in pot so only need to hook to hose.

Watering with tie downs is a pain in the ass I have to agree there. You could always get a watering can. That way you can poke the spout in between ties easier.

I have never tried that kind of watering can and suspect the stream would displace more soil than I'd like. The can I have is like a shower head which is nice but it's a little bulky. Yet another MJ grow room invention to make. I kind of like Gazoo set up with the slow watering and have most of what is needed because I bought and automated watering system to use when on vacation. Timer thingy hooked up to a hose then the irrigation hose hooked to that with the little attachments that let so much water through per hour or whatever. I also have a good amount of plastic hose in a couple diameters I could use to make a custom watering system. I kind of like watering the plants though.

Ween, Gazoo, Yeti...and others. That method in the dwg. is NOT advisable......use the pipe cleaners to spread out those or any other branches. You have to pull those branches away from the main stalk and tie them down. Way better method , than trying to push them apart....you may wind up splitting them away from the main stalk doing it that way. I thought of something similar yrs. ago but found pipe cleaners (or whatever)and using the tie down and SC methods work just dandy. Just sayin Ok gents. lets not make this too complicated OK ...keep it simple .
Have a great night Ween and friends!

Picturing this in my mind doesn't Pushing or pulling put pressure in the same spot.
Anyway I dont think it would work for me but like the out of the box idea. Could be
used at one of those special times

I just use a bucket... half down the tray, half down the top. I just pour it all in there, I dont even worry about the soil displacement. Cause while its still floating around I just use my fingers to guide the soil back where it goes. This way you dont have to worry about those tie down areas.

But hey, everyone will like doing it their own way. And Ween, if you wanna make that contraption, go for it! But maybe grow a plant specifically for the Beta testing, I like your idea man! Just make sure the area that is pushing the branch away and down, isn't attached to the branch itself. You'll want that area free to move so you're not literally pulling the branch outward. Probably just a downward facing U type shape to use as a guide for the branch. Sorry, rambling here... I'm sure you got this!

Picturing this in my mind doesn't Pushing or pulling put pressure in the same spot.
Anyway I dont think it would work for me but like the out of the box idea. Could be
Hey Gazoo, evenin to ya! About the LSTing. NO..it doesn't put stress on that same area. We as growers , get to decide where the best spot is to hook a pipe cleaner too. The further away from the branch/main stalk joint the pipe cleaner is put,..the less stress it is on that joint. Take your hand , and gently pull a main leader away from the main foliage...see how you open up those secondary branches , and shoots,..that's all ya need to do to encourage massive 'bush' type growth. Just open things up a little. If one or two mains get out of control,..just SC those a couple inches down , from the tip, just to keep things as even as possible . Hope this has helped some . Thanks for bearing with me , all of yous already doing these things. I know there are many...cheers Gazoo,..and all the rest of the gang!:circle-of-love:

My first idea was kind of like a plate that would fit in there somehow and spread everything apart and as a bonus, make it white to reflect some light back up. Probably not possible or practical which is why I thought of the adjustable arm idea. It could probably work but Duggan makes some good points and why not just K.I.S.S.

I just use a bucket... half down the tray, half down the top. I just pour it all in there, I dont even worry about the soil displacement. Cause while its still floating around I just use my fingers to guide the soil back where it goes. This way you dont have to worry about those tie down areas.

But hey, everyone will like doing it their own way. And Ween, if you wanna make that contraption, go for it! But maybe grow a plant specifically for the Beta testing, I like your idea man! Just make sure the area that is pushing the branch away and down, isn't attached to the branch itself. You'll want that area free to move so you're not literally pulling the branch outward. Probably just a downward facing U type shape to use as a guide for the branch. Sorry, rambling here... I'm sure you got this!

Thanks Daj! Got me some nice saucers from the zon so this will be my first time watering like you but not sure I'll use a bucket, maybe I'll DIY something together with a raised bucket, gravity fed, either slow water or attach some kind of nozzle with an extended handle or stick with the watering can. :rofl:

Hey Gazoo, evenin to ya! About the LSTing. NO..it doesn't put stress on that same area. We as growers , get to decide where the best spot is to hook a pipe cleaner too. The further away from the branch/main stalk joint the pipe cleaner is put,..the less stress it is on that joint. Take your hand , and gently pull a main leader away from the main foliage...see how you open up those secondary branches , and shoots,..that's all ya need to do to encourage massive 'bush' type growth. Just open things up a little. If one or two mains get out of control,..just SC those a couple inches down , from the tip, just to keep things as even as possible . Hope this has helped some . Thanks for bearing with me , all of yous already doing these things. I know there are many...cheers Gazoo,..and all the rest of the gang!:circle-of-love:

Keep it simple is always good advice, don't overthink it! Thanks brother!

Had a little session with the gals and only tied down two branches with pipe cleaners hooked to binder clips on the edge of the pot. I then did 2 or 3 super crops on each plant. #3 still not showing and female pre flowers, grrrr!

All 3 girls were looking really good when I opened the tent today. Then I abused them.

IMG_20180130_174249.jpg

IMG_20180130_174347.jpg

IMG_20180130_174400.jpg

IMG_20180130_174419.jpg

IMG_20180130_174429.jpg

IMG_20180130_174648.jpg

I have never tried that kind of watering can and suspect the stream would displace more soil than I'd like. The can I have is like a shower head which is nice but it's a little bulky. Yet another MJ grow room invention to make. I kind of like Gazoo set up with the slow watering and have most of what is needed because I bought and automated watering system to use when on vacation. Timer thingy hooked up to a hose then the irrigation hose hooked to that with the little attachments that let so much water through per hour or whatever. I also have a good amount of plastic hose in a couple diameters I could use to make a custom watering system. I kind of like watering the plants though.

Yes I like to be there during her water, We talk, We laugh and we touch each other :)

I like to adjust the (5) release nozzles after a few cycles either to the inside, outside or middle of pot
just to have something to do.

BTW In the beginning I used to use A NEW ENEMA bag hung up above the plant
filled with liquid I could open the valve on the hose, water a little with the rubber hose
turn it off, wait, Repeat.

Classic Gazoo! :rofl: glad it was NEW!

Heheh, someone should set up a site for hacks that old folks come up with. :laugh: "Hmmm, I need a bag with a hose attached ... :hmmmm: ... Aha!" :idea:

Heheh, someone should set up a site for hacks that old folks come up with. :laugh: "Hmmm, I need a bag with a hose attached ... :hmmmm: ... Aha!" :idea:

Ye like using a LAZY SUSAN under the pot as a easy means of turning the pot
and then maybe hooking up an electric clock as the geared motor to turn it at
a controlled speed

Ye like using a LAZY SUSAN under the pot as a easy means of turning the pot
and then maybe hooking up an electric clock as the geared motor to turn it at
a controlled speed

When I was a kid I was into slot car racing, and would build my own chassis' with piano wire suspension, rewire the little electric motor windings for more power and rpm, swap out bigger magnets, etc. :cheesygrinsmiley: I still have a hard time throwing burned out motors away. The magnets are still good, the armature is fine ... I could fiddle with that and make something out of it, y'know? :laugh:

I want to make me a Rube Goldberg device one day - it's on the bucket list. I want it to move on its own with some photoelectric power, react to light n stuff. Gotta make a great big funky hanging mobile, too, with various twirling and swinging parts. :slide: Is anyone here into steampunk? Love that stuff! :love:

When I was a kid I was into slot car racing, and would build my own chassis' with piano wire suspension, rewire the little electric motor windings for more power and rpm, swap out bigger magnets, etc. :cheesygrinsmiley: I still have a hard time throwing burned out motors away. The magnets are still good, the armature is fine ... I could fiddle with that and make something out of it, y'know? :laugh:

I want to make me a Rube Goldberg device one day - it's on the bucket list. I want it to move on its own with some photoelectric power, react to light n stuff. Gotta make a great big funky hanging mobile, too, with various twirling and swinging parts. :slide: Is anyone here into steampunk? Love that stuff! :love:

Oh Yes my MacGyver parts collection has gone a little overboard

Mornin Ween and friends.....hey Gray...i did the slot car thing too bud! Used to be fun making them go fast....er!cheers....brought back some good ol memories.☺

Back
Top Bottom