Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

Yummy looking that’s for sure. Well done

Thanks Dark! Have a taste, I had to roll a couple up to make they burned properly. :passitleft:

Congrats Ween!
She stankin huh?
:popcorn:

Thanks Stage! They were smelling good but now that you stopped by with some stank from your frosty girls, they have a little stank to em. :rofl: some for you too. :passitleft:

So 2 of 3 are showing what I believe to be female pre flowers, the third one I'm a little concerned about. The 3rd pic is the one of concern, not much to see though.

IMG_20180128_201706.jpg

IMG_20180128_201903.jpg

IMG_20180128_202249.jpg

The first two pictures are both female pre-flowers I do not see lady bits on the third but i cannot tell if its a male either. I always have such a hard time determining males though.

Thanks Yeti! I know it doesn't really mean much but part of my concern is they're all the same age and #3 has nothing remotely close to what 1&2 have. I really want 3 plants so am gonna hold out hope. I'll keep my eyes out and will post updated pics in a week or sooner.

I think it's almost time for transplant but will try to hold off for a week or so based on when doc and dark transplanted. They seem slightly sad but still have good color, they did just get GE dunk tonight so maybe they'll perk up by tomorrow. It's been 3 days between water/feeds for about 2 weeks and was hoping to get down to daily before transplanting.

IMG_20180129_211324.jpg

IMG_20180129_211337.jpg

IMG_20180129_211346.jpg

IMG_20180129_211353.jpg

I think it's almost time for transplant but will try to hold off for a week or so based on when doc and dark transplanted. They seem slightly sad but still have good color, they did just get GE dunk tonight so maybe they'll perk up by tomorrow. It's been 3 days between water/feeds for about 2 weeks and was hoping to get down to daily before transplanting.

IMG_20180129_211324.jpg

IMG_20180129_211337.jpg

IMG_20180129_211346.jpg

IMG_20180129_211353.jpg

Prune 'em up! They look great to me....normal behavior in veg.

Those are some nice bushes Ween! Taking us back to the 70s I see :laughtwo:

:rofl: Ha, thanks Yeti! No landing strips here. Their legs were getting a little hairy too so I shaved all those little buggers off. I'm gonna be in trouble (w/Duggan) if I don't get these girls tied down soon. I was hoping to start once in the #15's but will probably have to do it now.

I have an idea for an LST product (amongst other MJ grow products) that keeps spinning around in my head. I hate tying down to the pots, it makes it really hard to water, was thinking about adjustable "arms" that could be put between 2 branches to push and hold them down, obviously you would need a handful per each plant, maybe a clamp of sme sort in the middle that you attach to the main stalk. Who wants to help me make em?

Prune 'em up! They look great to me....normal behavior in veg.

Thanks Doc! I actually trimmed em up some last night a little but will do a little more, LST and destress. Unless it is reccomended that I hold off on LST until in final pots.

:passitleft:

LSt them as early as you feel you can. Then you can control the shape throughout life easier. I have an issue with getting my lst'ing done soon enough. Next thing I know I have tall lanky plants that do not take well to training. I need to get better at that. Even without any training your girls are forming nice canopies. I am terrible at visualizing things so would need to see it drawn to get an idea of what it would look like :laughtwo: I am no help with these things.

No landing strips for sure! :high-five:

LSt them as early as you feel you can. Then you can control the shape throughout life easier. I have an issue with getting my lst'ing done soon enough. Next thing I know I have tall lanky plants that do not take well to training. I need to get better at that. Even without any training your girls are forming nice canopies. I am terrible at visualizing things so would need to see it drawn to get an idea of what it would look like :laughtwo: I am no help with these things.

No landing strips for sure! :high-five:

As I was drawing the pic, I thought it could be for 1 branch instead of 2. I did search the web a bit and found products that are basically adjustable ropes, not sure why anyone would buy that over regular string or pipe cleaners. I will get on LST maybe tonight. I have pinched the leaders a couple times, one even made a snapping sound, oops, but it bounced back! Resilient little buggers they are!

An artist I am not.

IMG_20180130_114729.jpg

I can see it now lol. It could work, the potential issue I see is that when I tie things down I will typically do it relatively close to the end of the branches, where as this would seem to push them out from the beginning of the branches. It may work well I am just not sure it will be as good as towards the ends. I see it says you can adjust them but I wonder if they could go out far enough to help shape them without causing splits or breaks :hmmmm: It could be worth trying it out.

As I was drawing the pic, I thought it could be for 1 branch instead of 2. I did search the web a bit and found products that are basically adjustable ropes, not sure why anyone would buy that over regular string or pipe cleaners. I will get on LST maybe tonight. I have pinched the leaders a couple times, one even made a snapping sound, oops, but it bounced back! Resilient little buggers they are!

An artist I am not.

IMG_20180130_114729.jpg

Pipe cleaners will do that :) in veg they should be strong enough to hold there shape but if not
you could run them through a cut to fit McDonalds straw for extra strength. Also they would not
need the extra middle support

I can see it now lol. It could work, the potential issue I see is that when I tie things down I will typically do it relatively close to the end of the branches, where as this would seem to push them out from the beginning of the branches. It may work well I am just not sure it will be as good as towards the ends. I see it says you can adjust them but I wonder if they could go out far enough to help shape them without causing splits or breaks :hmmmm: It could be worth trying it out.

Agreed on all points and I may try to cob something together. I had stem splitting issues with my last grow because I bumped my watering can into the tie downs but the money makers split really easily. I've read about people hanging weights on stems but not sure I wanna try that. I did a ScrOG on my first grown and was not a fan but I didn't do it right, I way over filled it which made re tucking a real pita.

Pipe cleaners will do that :) in veg they should be strong enough to hold there shape but if not
you could run them through a cut to fit McDonalds straw for extra strength. Also they would not
need the extra middle support

Thanks Gazoo! I'm not seeing how pipe cleaners alone would work but do see it with the straws. Maybe I'll give it a try. My stems are stout though. :slide:

Thanks Gazoo! I'm not seeing how pipe cleaners alone would work but do see it with the straws. Maybe I'll give it a try. My stems are stout though. :slide:

2 Pipe cleaners twisted together might be strong enough and more easily adjustable length wise ?
But the straws will certainly work or anything strong and light enough you can twist the Pipe cleaner
around or through for support. cut down Plastic chop sticks ?

Agreed on all points and I may try to cob something together. I had stem splitting issues with my last grow because I bumped my watering can into the tie downs but the money makers split really easily. I've read about people hanging weights on stems but not sure I wanna try that. I did a ScrOG on my first grown and was not a fan but I didn't do it right, I way over filled it which made re tucking a real pita.

The weights sound like a good idea until I try to figure out how I would transplant without ruining everything :laughtwo: So far stuffing pipe cleaners into the soil to train them in the 1s seems to be the easiest most effective way to train for me. If I were vegging in my final containers and could do all my shaping then I would simply tie to pot. But with transplanting that is not the best option. Though I do sometimes use binder clips around the edge of the pots to do it. I should ay i used to. Once I started using the pipe cleaners I have gotten away from the binder clips.

I have used the old style Metal Hair Pins for anchors in the soil to tie to.
I do tie down to the pot rim in the 1 gal, not really a problem when I up-pot
I normally would want to re arrange the branches a little anyway so pulling all
the old ties has always been the first step for up-pot for me anyway. Oh I
don't let my girls get super big in the 1's so thats a big factor for me as well

EDIT: Looks like they still make this style

hair_pins.jpg

Back
Top Bottom