Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

Was at the big orange box store checking out pots. They did not say how many gallons, grrrrr. The 20" pot looked like right about the right size but it only said 45.5 liters or 47 quarts. What I found online says #15 is 56.78 liters so it's close, #10 says its 37.93 liters so maybe they're like #12 or so...? Those were $15!

They also had these funky pots with big wide brim, no holes in the bottom but like the raised tray for a lack of better term that looked like its intended to keep the soil just up off the water. These were 21.5" wide by 17" tall and looked like a similar volume of the pot above. These were on sale for less than $3! And get this, there was exactly 3 of them, just what I need. Well, I wasn't sure if they were enough volume so I didn't buy them but I don't think a lot of people are out shopping for nursery pots this time of year so can easily go back and get em.

What do you guys think? I want to grow my 3 new plants in #15 plastics pots. There were no drainage holes in the bottom but I could easily drill some holes.

Oh Ween,...please don't get those funky pots. Those ones are a PITA. You have to redesign them for them to work properly for us. They have a two pc. construction that keeps the roots out of any run off....not good. We want the soil and roots to be able to get that. Know what i mean? Anyhow...can't ya just get those cheap ass , black nursery pots..? You know , the one's.

Oh Ween,...please don't get those funky pots. Those ones are a PITA. You have to redesign them for them to work properly for us. They have a two pc. construction that keeps the roots out of any run off....not good. We want the soil and roots to be able to get that. Know what i mean? Anyhow...can't ya just get those cheap ass , black nursery pots..? You know , the one's.

Yes! I found #15's online for $5.69 each but not sure what the shipping was and the saucers were $5.99! Either way, I'll get them instead of the wonky ones. The little tray thing could easily be taken out, no worries, this is why I asked. Thanks brother!

You calling my black, round, nursery pots cheap? (they were very cheap, and I've been getting OK results with them for many years.)

Yes! I found #15's online for $5.69 each but not sure what the shipping was and the saucers were $5.99! Either way, I'll get them instead of the wonky ones. The little tray thing could easily be taken out, no worries, this is why I asked. Thanks brother!

#15s are about $10 ea around here. They are nice pots though. Heavy black plastic and they have handles so moving them isnt a huge pita. Saucers are like 3 or 4 bucks ea. I have ran the 15s a couple of times but I stopped as I was trying to go through some beans I have and run more strains at once than I had been. I pulled my heaviest harvest out of one which was 9.5 ounces. They one next to it pulled 8.5 ounces for probably my best combined pull from under one light in one round.

#15s are about $10 ea around here. They are nice pots though. Heavy black plastic and they have handles so moving them isnt a huge pita. Saucers are like 3 or 4 bucks ea. I have ran the 15s a couple of times but I stopped as I was trying to go through some beans I have and run more strains at once than I had been. I pulled my heaviest harvest out of one which was 9.5 ounces. They one next to it pulled 8.5 ounces for probably my best combined pull from under one light in one round.

That sounds perfect! I'd buy those in a heartbeat but so far nothing of the sort around here. Did you get them from a box store or a nursery? Pm me if you prefer. 8.5-9.5 zips per plant would be amazing!

My seedlings are looking pretty good for 8 days old. One of the SPS is already coloring up, I hope that's not a bad thing.

image19874.jpeg

image38184.jpg

image19873.jpeg

That sounds perfect! I'd buy those in a heartbeat but so far nothing of the sort around here. Did you get them from a box store or a nursery? Pm me if you prefer. 8.5-9.5 zips per plant would be amazing!

My seedlings are looking pretty good for 8 days old. One of the SPS is already coloring up, I hope that's not a bad thing.

image19874.jpeg

image38184.jpg

image19873.jpeg

I go them at a hydro shop actually. We have a few of them within 20 minutes or so of us. Along with regular nurseries and hardware stores that sell everything. I just checked the zon and another online supplier. The zon has 15s for 12 each shipped. It is crazy that they do not have them cheaper than every where else since they typically do.

That SPS is probably telling you that it is going to be colorful in flower. I have seen a couple of ppl have seedlings that looked like that that turned out to be beautiful in flower. :thumb:

I go them at a hydro shop actually. We have a few of them within 20 minutes or so of us. Along with regular nurseries and hardware stores that sell everything. I just checked the zon and another online supplier. The zon has 15s for 12 each shipped. It is crazy that they do not have them cheaper than every where else since they typically do.

That SPS is probably telling you that it is going to be colorful in flower. I have seen a couple of ppl have seedlings that looked like that that turned out to be beautiful in flower. :thumb:

Let's hope stinky comes out both pinky and stinky, ha! :rofl: I'm going to try a couple other places around here and if I can't find em its off to the web. Tiiiimme....IS on my side, yes it is. It's gonna be a white Christmas here. A very merry Christmas and happy new year to all of you!

:xmas::xmas::ganjamon::ganjamon::xmas::xmas::peace::peace::circle-of-love::circle-of-love::Namaste::Namaste:

Let's hope stinky comes out both pinky and stinky, ha! :rofl: I'm going to try a couple other places around here and if I can't find em its off to the web. Tiiiimme....IS on my side, yes it is. It's gonna be a white Christmas here. A very merry Christmas and happy new year to all of you!

:xmas::xmas::ganjamon::ganjamon::xmas::xmas::peace::peace::circle-of-love::circle-of-love::Namaste::Namaste:

Yes lets hope she turns ok pink and loud! It is supposed to snow here on christmas. We also have snow coming today along with snow and freezing rain over the next day or so. Im ready fro green grass and warmth already :laughtwo: You have a merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well Ween!

Thanks Yeti! As I read your post, I looked over at my coffee cup which says Yeti, ha. Love my Yeti insulated cup, keeps coffee warm forever and seems like I've never melts in it.

I found those $12 pots but also found similar ones in a 5 pack for 46. Might be worth it for $9 more to get 2 extras. I'll use for tomatoes or herbs.

I should probably wax up my cross country skis!

Hi All! I want my next grow to exceed all previous grows and I think my main issue with my veg tent is low temps at lights out which is why I have the lights on 24/7 right now, they're looking great, temps are at about 77 and RH is a bit high at 74 because if I run my exhaust fan, temps get too low. I've been opening the tent up a few times a day to lower rh and give em some fresh air. #4 has not come up and while I have not given up hope yet, 3 out of 4 ain't bad, it's time to start thinking about giving them some lights out time so I want to run my plan by you guys to see what you think.

I'm gonna move my veg tent to sit next to my flower tent so it will be on top of the under rug heater and that alone might help keep the night time temps above 68 but I was also thinking of having the veg lights out time (16/8) coincide with the flower lights on and sending the flower exhaust into the bottom of the veg tent to provide a little more heat, that air will then go through another exhaust fan and out the top of that tent. I currently only have 1 speed controller which I have a power strip plugged into it so it controls both of my fans but I can easily get another controller if you honk that would be better. Also, I have two Huey's.

I'll be doing this in the next couple days so any and all feedback is much appreciated!

Rock on!

:theband: :passitleft:

High Ween. :passitleft:
I use a dehumidifier during the winter for heat.
Ifyou have one, maybe use that instead of a heater.

Thanks Yeti! As I read your post, I looked over at my coffee cup which says Yeti, ha. Love my Yeti insulated cup, keeps coffee warm forever and seems like I've never melts in it.

I found those $12 pots but also found similar ones in a 5 pack for 46. Might be worth it for $9 more to get 2 extras. I'll use for tomatoes or herbs.

I should probably wax up my cross country skis!

Oh yeah totally worth $9 to get two extras. you never know when they will come in handy. I have heard a lot of good things about Yeti products. A friend told me they brought a yeti cooler camping. They left camp for two days and came back to all the food in the cooler frozen! That is crazy to me. I have only ever seen ice melt in a cooler, not form. Maybe the cooler is worth the $500 that they spent on it:hmmmm:

High Ween. :passitleft:
I use a dehumidifier during the winter for heat.
Ifyou have one, maybe use that instead of a heater.

Thanks Stage! I do have a couple and have realized the heat they put off so it's a great idea! I went ahead and moved my small veg tent next to the big bloom tent and both are on top of one of those under rug heaters which seems to do the trick. I also snaked the intake ducts to draw some of the warmer air from towards the top of the tents. I could not fit my de-Huey in my tent. The Rh is pretty good so th dehuey is not really needed, I suppose if I did not run my exhaust fan 24/7 the rh would spike at lights out, just when the heat from the de-Huey would come in handy. I also cover my tents with sheets which I stole from you, thanks!

Oh yeah totally worth $9 to get two extras. you never know when they will come in handy. I have heard a lot of good things about Yeti products. A friend told me they brought a yeti cooler camping. They left camp for two days and came back to all the food in the cooler frozen! That is crazy to me. I have only ever seen ice melt in a cooler, not form. Maybe the cooler is worth the $500 that they spent on it:hmmmm:

I got the mug as a prize and would probably never spend that kind of money on a cooler, it's overkill. I guess if I went on more extended camping trips then it may be worth it.

Gave my bloomers a good flush and then a super drench last night and plucked more sickly leaves. They're looking better, not perfect by far but at least they seem a little happier. The big girl is starting to lean. It's been 38 days since flip.

Back to the lazy blurple cell phone pics, D'OH!

IMG_20171222_210507.jpg

IMG_20171222_210533.jpg

image19874.jpeg

image38184.jpg

image19873.jpeg

One of my blue cheese did the exact same thing. And since has been no signs of it once it grew a bit.

Back
Top Bottom