Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

Weeen....if your veg and bloom lights don't come on at the same time, when you transplant you will ruin your plants. They simply, absolutely, 100% MUST come on at the same time.

If I'm reading you correctly this will not be the case if you make these changes.

In case I was not clear....sunrise needs to be the same in both veg and bloom. Always.

I understand, lights on must stay the same which I can accomplish with my proposed plan but Duggan is suggesting the I run my lights on at night instead of during the day.

By the time my seedlings are ready for the flower tent, my current bloomers will be chopped, even before.

Ween,..OK,..no worries. Do this,..have both tents lights come on around supper , say 4 or 5. The lights will burn all night long in both tents , with the bloom tent shutting down first, and the veg tent some 4 hrs. later. That flat heater you have will work fine . The temps are ok to get low like 65F..no harm done. It's less expensive to run the system at night during low demand times, simply put, it's cheaper. Also has the benefit of staying cooler during the hot summer days decreasing 'cooling' bills...:) Many benefits to running the lights at night,..not to mention,..when you are working, during the day,..not home , breath easier , cuz your system is 'off'!
So, to make the transition times work ...just extend the bloom tents,'dark' time time to match up with your switch...got it? Make sure to have both tents come on at ,..say 4 pm. Cheers bud....chillaxin, with some HB Devils Carnival...:tokin:

My current bloomers go on at 9pm and off at 9am so will leave it there, chop in about 30 days or so.

I will set my veg tent to go on at 5pm and off at 9am (16/8) and then when it's time to flip, the bloom tent will also go on at 5pm but off at 5am. Makes sense for lower electric bills. That scraps my idea of using the exhaust for extra warmth. I'll get an extra speed controller in case I need to run it a little slower, not much though.

So I am about 1/2 way through bloom and will try the 1/2 hour less light thing so instead of going off at 9am, it will go off at 8:30am. How many times do you back off a 1/2 hour? I.e. How long are the lights on at the end? I will not mess with the on time, it'll be 9pm until harvest.

Thanks everyone for the sound advice!

My current bloomers go on at 9pm and off at 9am so will leave it there, chop in about 30 days or so.

I will set my veg tent to go on at 5pm and off at 9am (16/8) and then when it's time to flip, the bloom tent will also go on at 5pm but off at 5am. Makes sense for lower electric bills. That scraps my idea of using the exhaust for extra warmth. I'll get an extra speed controller in case I need to run it a little slower, not much though.

So I am about 1/2 way through bloom and will try the 1/2 hour less light thing so instead of going off at 9am, it will go off at 8:30am. How many times do you back off a 1/2 hour? I.e. How long are the lights on at the end? I will not mess with the on time, it'll be 9pm until harvest.

Thanks everyone for the sound advice!

You mean on at 5 right?...not 9

Non blurple pics.

IMG_20171218_204817.jpg

IMG_20171218_204831.jpg

IMG_20171218_210422.jpg

IMG_20171218_210448.jpg

IMG_20171218_210534.jpg

image19859.jpeg

image38182.jpg

Good pics are friggin tough to take right!! I too have been practicing cause Doc makes it look and sound so damn easy.. Guess I need to run to a pawn shop or something to find me one of those older point and shoots... The flash helps, but when the girls are frost, it can wash out the pics with the glare. Like 80% of the pics I took of those Wonder Woman ladies I grew out and just harvested, were far to bright because of the reflection of light off the trichomes. Not a bad problem to have I guess, being blinded by those trichomes... but it is if you wanna try and get some clear pics! Hope you get it figured out Ween, I know I'll still need a lot of practice. Great looking buds! Where did you get the pistil less ladie from? Have you grown that before, and if so how was it? Would you recommend it?

You mean on at 5 right?...not 9

Hey Doog. Just want to make sure you misread something. My bloom tent goes on at 9 but by the time my seedlings are ready to flip, I can set the bloom tent to go on at 5. As a matter of fact, I have to to harvest before I move my seedlings into the bigger pots, hoping that is ok. So I'll need to back off the lights 1/2 hour to speed it up. How many times should I do that and at what interval?

No pistils.....so fuggin strange.....never seen the likes of it!....��

These are the last 3 so you may never see it again. :cool::hmmmm: I do have 1 more seed but who knows if I'll get the same pheno. I did get the same pheno th first time I grew it but thought it was male and culled it, so there's that.

Good pics are friggin tough to take right!! I too have been practicing cause Doc makes it look and sound so damn easy.. Guess I need to run to a pawn shop or something to find me one of those older point and shoots... The flash helps, but when the girls are frost, it can wash out the pics with the glare. Like 80% of the pics I took of those Wonder Woman ladies I grew out and just harvested, were far to bright because of the reflection of light off the trichomes. Not a bad problem to have I guess, being blinded by those trichomes... but it is if you wanna try and get some clear pics! Hope you get it figured out Ween, I know I'll still need a lot of practice. Great looking buds! Where did you get the pistil less ladie from? Have you grown that before, and if so how was it? Would you recommend it?

I've been mildly happy with my cell phone pics but Doc's pics have been making me envious and want to try to get some like his. I got the money maker seeds from herbies and the breeder is strain hunters who I have read good and bad things about. The produce is very good and hoping this will surpass the previous 2 runs. I would probably not reccomend mainly because the stems are weak and the buds are heavy (not a real bad problem there) and they're prone to hermies which is also not that big of a deal. On the positive, the buds are bug and dense.

Have a Rockin day Dajerm, Duggan, Doc and all!

:theband:

Yes Ween,..sorry bud,..been busy! Ya , with the bloom hours. What ive been doing the last couple yrs. is to start them off on 12/12 then about 4-5 weeks into bloom i start dialing back the hrs. with 1/2 hr. at a time..winding down to 10/14 to finish OK. After you go to 11.5 /12.5 ..keep it there for a couple weeks ,..then take another 1/2 hr. off, understand bud? Do this until the hrs. are at 10/14 with a couple weeks left. This is what i do with some success....:tokin:

Yes Ween,..sorry bud,..been busy! Ya , with the bloom hours. What ive been doing the last couple yrs. is to start them off on 12/12 then about 4-5 weeks into bloom i start dialing back the hrs. with 1/2 hr. at a time..winding down to 10/14 to finish OK. After you go to 11.5 /12.5 ..keep it there for a couple weeks ,..then take another 1/2 hr. off, understand bud? Do this until the hrs. are at 10/14 with a couple weeks left. This is what i do with some success....:tokin:

Perfect thanks duggan! I'll start tonight or more precisely tomorrow. I'm also going to do some back building.

What the advantages of changing the time like that?I've always used 18-6 then 12/12 hole time.

What the advantages of changing the time like that?I’ve always used 18-6 then 12/12 hole time.

I'll let Duggan and others chime in but it sounds like it helps them finish quicker. Also think about how daylight decreases in the fall. I'm also thinking slightly lower electric bill. I used to do 18/6 too but Duggan convinced me to go 16/8, plants get all the light they need and lower electric bill.

My seedlings will be 1 week old tomorrow and will need to stay in the #1's for about 4 more weeks, until my blooming girls get chopped because there is no room in the 2 by 2.5 for three #15's so I need em to hurry it up.

A very good morning to you Ween....Scotia and friends!
Ween , i must say sir...those are some rock hard looming ...chunky buds ya got there!Betcha they smell divine too!
Scotia...about photoperiods....I switched to 16/8 a while ago from 18/6 and when i did , i noticed NO difference in growth habits....so...stayed with it....saves a bit of cash with less electric bills too.
As far as bloom times...i always start out with 12/12 but about 1/2 way thru bloom i start taking daylight hrs. away....1/2 hr. Atta time every couple weeks to finally get to 10/14...where they finish.It just helps them finish up a bit quicker ..is all.Great for the Sativa growers out among us.
Cheers Ween, Scotia and friends!

Back
Top Bottom