Another Brix In The Wall: Sweet Pink Stink & Coked Out Girl Scout

re: Another Brix In The Wall - Sweet Pink Stink & Girl Scout

I don't know how my wife smokes an oz a week - but if it's available, she does :)

:hmmmm: What is it with the wives? Mine can outsmoke me, too, and we've both been doing it together for 34 years.

I'm good for a gram or two a day, at most!

With my wife it's chronic pain, fibromyalgia, and planter's fasciatis - but she also really, really likes to get high and has been smoking for 43 years.

vs me who took a 30 year tolerance break and act as designated driver .

Now that I am doing daytime sativas, I can finish a bowl in 2 sittings instead of 5 :)

My GF has chronic pain and a variety of other health issues that she takes a variety of pills for and the meds I make for her have the best effect, she smokes a lot and makes coconut oil, some for pain, some to increase appetite and some to just get high, ha!

Oh my those are the buds I look forward to after my cook is done. Well done

Hi DS! Thanks! When you say your cook, is it Doc's soil? I'll drop by your journal shortly. I'm hoping this grow produces the best quality herb I've grown so far. It seems to get a little better each time. Love growing weed!

Can't wait to see that Money Maker bru, what do you reckon, 6-7 zips? :ganjamon:

Not that much, I'm thinking the usual 4ish, maybe close to 5 because these buds are heavy. Looking forward to trimming her tomorrow. Her clones went into the flower tent, maybe a little early but I'm certain they will produce just fine. Gonna start a couple more too, Alien Abduction, wanna see how it does in Doc's soil.

Rock on!

:theband:

oh, Lordy, you guys....talking about how much the wifeys smoke had me in stitches....I need to smoke more!!!! I'm wound up tight as a drum and way too type A for my own good!!!! Thanks for the share...... :thanks:

Hi Shawnee! Smoke one for me.

So I probably should have vegged my MM clones longer but I need to keep the train rolling. They are loving the Goliath and the Special kush is swelling nicely, she's gonna need some support and I'm not gonna screw this one up!

image19636.jpeg

image19637.jpeg

you're kickin' azz, ween....rock on dude....

you're kickin' azz, ween....rock on dude....

Thanks! :theband:

sure is going to be docs kit. Don't have that journal set up yet soil started cook June 2. Will start journal soon I'll be running a similar light as well picked up the cob version

Cool, I subbed up to your current journal and look forward to your DBHBB journal. I will help where I can.

Money Maker is chopped, trimmed, washed and hanging to dry. I did a couple things different this time; I had been cutting a branch off at a time, trimming and hanging but since Duggan said the dark period is for them to dump the liquids, I chopped the entire plant at the bottom first thing then did the individual branches, I left more small leaves than I have in the past and I did most of it by hand plucking the leaves instead of using scissors. I like this method much better, it went a lot faster. I hope it doesn't effect smell and flavor, having that plant smell but I'm sure it won't since there are still very few leaves and the small ones on there have plenty of resin. I'm now thinking about 4 zips, maybe a little less. I hope you're all having a great weekend!

:passitleft:

IMG_20170611_102018.jpg

IMG_20170611_102027.jpg

IMG_20170611_102033.jpg

IMG_20170611_102040.jpg

IMG_20170611_111211.jpg

IMG_20170611_121756.jpg

Yes, great job Ween. You remembered that. Best to chop whole plant after dark period a while so it/she has 'dumped' her fluids back into the soil for the 'night'. Then just trim a branch at a time,..after trimmed, hang as you are !:thumb::high-five: This is how i use the time the best , as i always seem to be a lil rushed when doing it. Cheers bud! Congrats on the harvest too:)

Yes, great job Ween. You remembered that. Best to chop whole plant after dark period a while so it/she has 'dumped' her fluids back into the soil for the 'night'. Then just trim a branch at a time,..after trimmed, hang as you are !:thumb::high-five: This is how i use the time the best , as i always seem to be a lil rushed when doing it. Cheers bud! Congrats on the harvest too:)

Thank Duggan! I have high hopes for the quality on this one. It's almost all calyx, could that be a good or bad thing? Temps should be around 66-70 but I'm not sure about rh, should that be about 60 so they don't dry too quickly?

Thank Duggan! I have high hopes for the quality on this one. It's almost all calyx, could that be a good or bad thing? Temps should be around 66-70 but I'm not sure about rh, should that be about 60 so they don't dry too quickly?

Mornin bud...ya , you say "almost all calyx"...lucky you! The calyx is where the MOST resin glands are...that part of the flower has the highest concentrations of gland heads on the entire plant...that's the 'money zone'! Great stuff Ween....have a great day my friend!

Mornin bud...ya , you say "almost all calyx"...lucky you! The calyx is where the MOST resin glands are...that part of the flower has the highest concentrations of gland heads on the entire plant...that's the 'money zone'! Great stuff Ween....have a great day my friend!

Good deal, thanks Duggan. Speciql Kush is next but I want to give her ample time to swell up to the max.

Nice harvest Ween...that lime green color almost looks like you plugged it into a battery pack!

Congrats on the harvest ween. Got some dense buds hanging there. :bravo:

Thanks Nis! I'm hoping they stay nice and dense but I can already tell the yield is gonna be less than I initially expected, probably 3'1/2...?

Nice harvest Ween...that lime green color almost looks like you plugged it into a battery pack!

Ha, thanks Beav! I think the color has to do with the flash. I'll supply some natural light pics once they've dried.

So over in Jgrowlove's journal, I posted a pic of my special kush since its one of his favorite strains, he said he normally chops at 8 weeks, I'm right at 9 and a couple others suggested that I harvest her ASAP, they said they tend to harvest between 5-20% amber, last I checked it was mostly cloudy and no Amber but will double check tonight. She is still drinking and kicking out white pistils but most are orange.

What do you guys think? Chop now or let go longer? I'd sure like to get one more OG drench in which would be in a few days since she got RO with 1/4 trans last night.

image19637.jpeg

IMG_20170607_212725.jpg

IMG_20170607_212655.jpg

IMG_20170607_212636.jpg

Congratulations on your harvest!

Thanks Nis! I'm hoping they stay nice and dense but I can already tell the yield is gonna be less than I initially expected, probably 3'1/2...?

Ha, thanks Beav! I think the color has to do with the flash. I'll supply some natural light pics once they've dried.

So over in Jgrowlove's journal, I posted a pic of my special kush since its one of his favorite strains, he said he normally chops at 8 weeks, I'm right at 9 and a couple others suggested that I harvest her ASAP, they said they tend to harvest between 5-20% amber, last I checked it was mostly cloudy and no Amber but will double check tonight. She is still drinking and kicking out white pistils but most are orange.

What do you guys think? Chop now or let go longer? I'd sure like to get one more OG drench in which would be in a few days since she got RO with 1/4 trans last night.

image19637.jpeg

I think one has to chop when the pistils and trichomes are what you, personally, with your experience desire.
My personal harvest zone is from - almost all cloudy, very few new pistils - to - a tiny bit of amber, no new pistils.

Thanks Rad! I did see some Amber trichs but she is still drinking aNd kicking out new white pistils. I'm thinking one more OG then chop but am open to suggestions. My last harvest before money maker, went really long, like 86 days I think and it was the best one yet and that was based on suggestions I got here. I feel like some of the buds could be bigger, really most of them. But I do not wan the THC degrading.

Have a great day!

Great morning to ya Ween and friends. Yes Ween...about timing ! After the branches have been hanging for a few days(3) start feeling and squeezing the buds big and small. The perfect time to get them off the strings and trimmed up/jarred , is when they (buds) feel dry and a bit crispy on the outsides...but still feel like they have a very small amount of moisture still in them OK. This is a lil tricky to get , just right , but it means a proper cure will take place in the jars , without worrying of mold attacking your jarred gold! Their is only a few hour window for this as those extra few hours may/will allow them to dry too much , and ya don't want that either as that is as bad as too much moisture left in them. Try picking off a bud and rolling it up ,...if it burns Ok without always going 'out' , then chances are , it's very ready to jar OK! Cheers bud ...hope this has helped. Mine usually take around 4-5 days at 50-60 RH with the exhaust /extraction fan/filter running 24/7. Do not have a fan blowing air on the hanging branches OK...that is NOT GOOD ,..they will dry improperly /too fast!
Have an awesome day my friend!:high-five::Namaste:

Thanks Rad! I did see some Amber trichs but she is still drinking aNd kicking out new white pistils. I'm thinking one more OG then chop but am open to suggestions. My last harvest before money maker, went really long, like 86 days I think and it was the best one yet and that was based on suggestions I got here. I feel like some of the buds could be bigger, really most of them. But I do not wan the THC degrading.

Have a great day!

try to finish on GE( or water). :thumb:
BRIX/&WA10x up to a day or 2 before harvest :)

Great morning to ya Ween and friends. Yes Ween...about timing ! After the branches have been hanging for a few days(3) start feeling and squeezing the buds big and small. The perfect time to get them off the strings and trimmed up/jarred , is when they (buds) feel dry and a bit crispy on the outsides...but still feel like they have a very small amount of moisture still in them OK. This is a lil tricky to get , just right , but it means a proper cure will take place in the jars , without worrying of mold attacking your jarred gold! Their is only a few hour window for this as those extra few hours may/will allow them to dry too much , and ya don't want that either as that is as bad as too much moisture left in them. Try picking off a bud and rolling it up ,...if it burns Ok without always going 'out' , then chances are , it's very ready to jar OK! Cheers bud ...hope this has helped. Mine usually take around 4-5 days at 50-60 RH with the exhaust /extraction fan/filter running 24/7. Do not have a fan blowing air on the hanging branches OK...that is NOT GOOD ,..they will dry improperly /too fast!
Have an awesome day my friend!:high-five::Namaste:

Thanks Duggan, I'll try my best to hit the sweet spot. :passitleft:

try to finish on GE( or water). :thumb:
BRIX/&WA10x up to a day or 2 before harvest :)

Thanks Ziggy! Brix tonight, OG tomorrow (or should I do regular GE?) then chop this weekend unless anyone thinks I could let her go longer....?

:theband:

Back
Top Bottom