AngryBird's Perpetual Organic Garden, T8 Lights, Homemade Food

DSC_011541.jpg

Welcome little ones. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Congrats on the scavenged bud. They can be a lifesaver. My first ever plant looked like that. As you go on they'll fill out better for you. I was so excited with my first home-grown smoke, and then I realized how focused I'd have to get to do better. We call it a hobby. It pretty obsessive for a simple hobby. :laughtwo:

A method I have used for many years to cure small amounts (under a pound or two) is as follows. Hang upside down in a dry room for three to four days (I trim them up and remove leafs when I hang them) Then I remove the buds from the stems and place in a brown paper grocery bag or bags and roll the top closed loosely. I check them every day or two and fluff them up checking for dryness. Depending on the humidity in the room after about a week or thereabouts they are usually ready to go into jars or cans with tops. I check the buds every day after putting them into sealed jars! Sometimes, I find it necessary to open the tops for an hour or two each day for a few days, sometimes not! I have found dense buds and higher relative humidity present, can lead to a need to air the buds out more. Daily inspections and tasting is good insurance and fun! If all is well, great! If after a week or so in the jar, some mold has started because the heavy buds were not dried adequately beforehand nor checked daily, it is a real bummer! I have had serious lung infections caused by smoking pot contaminated with mold! Larger quantities have been handled spreading on the floor and turning with hay forks until judged dry enough to bundle/bale with a garbage compactor. I have got the best cures on small batches I gave lots of attention! Drying too fast or too much can lead to more harshness in the smoke, hence the paper bag that breathes but also somewhat slows drying. There is no set number of days for any step in the process. Curing can be more scientific with a controlled environment and meters and etc., but judicious tasting and feel has worked for generations. :rollit:

Tim was on it pretty much. Another little indicator your getting close, is when the stem snaps when bent, but doesn't break in half. Alot of variables involved. That bag can save smaller batches,if your shit drys to fast, it leaves that 'mean green' chloroform taste. It's all a learning experience for sure. GL and Keepem Green

Help me out AngryBird. Which LED light should I buy with the 300 bucks I have burning a hole in my pocket. I have a 4x8 tent with a 600watt HPS in it. I need a LED to go next to it to cover the other 4 foot. I need positive feedback because this could be crucial to my grow. I was thinking a Mars 900 but not sure yet. PLEASE HELP LOL!!

You did it birdie.....:goodjob:
:thanks: Finally yes, we are getting close to harvest. Since we cut off little by little, the top buds keep on swelling up :) that bud came from middle.

A method I have used for many years to cure small amounts (under a pound or two) is as follows. Hang upside down in a dry room for three to four days (I trim them up and remove leafs when I hang them) Then I remove the buds from the stems and place in a brown paper grocery bag or bags and roll the top closed loosely. I check them every day or two and fluff them up checking for dryness. Depending on the humidity in the room after about a week or thereabouts they are usually ready to go into jars or cans with tops. I check the buds every day after putting them into sealed jars! Sometimes, I find it necessary to open the tops for an hour or two each day for a few days, sometimes not! I have found dense buds and higher relative humidity present, can lead to a need to air the buds out more. Daily inspections and tasting is good insurance and fun! If all is well, great! If after a week or so in the jar, some mold has started because the heavy buds were not dried adequately beforehand nor checked daily, it is a real bummer! I have had serious lung infections caused by smoking pot contaminated with mold! Larger quantities have been handled spreading on the floor and turning with hay forks until judged dry enough to bundle/bale with a garbage compactor. I have got the best cures on small batches I gave lots of attention! Drying too fast or too much can lead to more harshness in the smoke, hence the paper bag that breathes but also somewhat slows drying. There is no set number of days for any step in the process. Curing can be more scientific with a controlled environment and meters and etc., but judicious tasting and feel has worked for generations. :rollit:

:thanks: Is it necessary for the dry room ( first dry before bag) to be dark room? it is my idea to dry and cure, only thing is hubby smokes as we cut :rofl:

Tim was on it pretty much. Another little indicator your getting close, is when the stem snaps when bent, but doesn't break in half. Alot of variables involved. That bag can save smaller batches,if your shit drys to fast, it leaves that 'mean green' chloroform taste. It's all a learning experience for sure. GL and Keepem Green

I found too that if it is too dry, and you don't want to alter taste/smell with lemon/orange peels, you can use iceberg salad leaves.

Welcome little ones. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Congrats on the scavenged bud. They can be a lifesaver. My first ever plant looked like that. As you go on they'll fill out better for you. I was so excited with my first home-grown smoke, and then I realized how focused I'd have to get to do better. We call it a hobby. It pretty obsessive for a simple hobby. :laughtwo:

Sure is addictive. :) I wake up in the morning and check on my babies THEN I wake my kids up with a hug and get them ready for for school. :) I love the silence in the morning to look at them and send love vibes to the plants.

Help me out AngryBird. Which LED light should I buy with the 300 bucks I have burning a hole in my pocket. I have a 4x8 tent with a 600watt HPS in it. I need a LED to go next to it to cover the other 4 foot. I need positive feedback because this could be crucial to my grow. I was thinking a Mars 900 but not sure yet. PLEASE HELP LOL!!

@MagicJim, is this the light you have?:Namaste: I only have good things to say about the mars Hydro lights, thing is i can not answer on the combo HPS and LED, as of heat. In my humble opinion, yes buy it. I know they have sales on the "jungle site " too.

I hate orange peels. Makes it taste like medicine'. I did abit of time in well that pace and we smoked alot of canned tobacco like bugler, top etc. Shit wood dry out and they wood use a organe peel. Iceburg sounds good. I like apple or pear. I tape alittle tiny sliver to the top of the jar, and let her hydrate acouple days. You ever want to really taste something sweet,, try a true spliff, rolled in a square of corn husk, tied to gather with threads off the husk. You use a dry square soaked for acouple seconds in warm water so it drys and will burn. So fing smooth.
Keepem Green

Ok
Wish me luck :)
today I will do my first attempt in making canna butter :high-five: And it will be made into shortbread when done :party:
Got some bad bag weed, in sense of no smell & no flavor, but ok THC.

I will decarb that together with some leaves and bud from my plant.
Pictures to come :)

So, I have decarbed the weed
24 gr dried buds
and roughly
9 gr fresh bud from bag seed lady (smoke report on fresh bud cut= wow for 3 hrs)
and
7 gr of leaves, stems
In the oven for 60 minutes at low heat (roughly 107 degrees Celcius)
My oven is without temperature showing and also half is broken, so it is made on gut feeling in temps.

Butter
Melted 230 gr of butter in a pot with a few cups of water
Added the buds and simmer on low heat for approx. 3hrs or until surface looks glossy.

Still waiting on the 3hr one :)

Thank you, butter is now in fridge over night. No peanut butter in mine, hubby doesn't like it. I will add recipe later in my Bird's nest thread.:thanks:

UPDATE 24th November

Our first harvest :party: party in my house everybody ...
the Bag seed Lady has been cut. It was a sad moment to see baby go, but this is the cycle of life.:circle-of-love:
Here are the rest of the buds.
No weight yet.

DSC_012240.jpg
DSC_011740.jpg
DSC_011638.jpg
DSC_011542.jpg

Bag Seed Lady had 3 more buds that hubby had cut earlier and 4 popcorn buds.
I am extremely happy with the harvest, and she is just the way hubby wants his smoke. Head buzz.

I will do an update later on the other ladies.

:circle-of-love:
Thank you all for being here and helping me get to my first harvest.:thanks:

alrighty then. Take us some photos so we can at least scratch and sniff lol. oh, by the way I got me the Mars Hydro 900. Should be here by Monday. Cant wait to see it in action.
:Namaste: I have posted link in previous post. Here it is again. AngryBird's Nest

Congratulations on the light:thumb:

So, I have decarbed the weed
24 gr dried buds
and roughly
9 gr fresh bud from bag seed lady (smoke report on fresh bud cut= wow for 3 hrs)
and
7 gr of leaves, stems
In the oven for 60 minutes at low heat (roughly 107 degrees Celcius)
My oven is without temperature showing and also half is broken, so it is made on gut feeling in temps.

Butter
Melted 230 gr of butter in a pot with a few cups of water
Added the buds and simmer on low heat for approx. 3hrs or until surface looks glossy.

Still waiting on the 3hr one :)

I want to apologize for not finding your thread sooner Angrybird. Check out the utube vid............. Ultimate Cannabutter.
Thats the one I used. Happy Holidays!!

Back
Top Bottom