AngryBird's Perpetual Organic Garden, T8 Lights, Homemade Food

Good morning AB, do you keep your fans running 24/7?
:passitleft:

Good morning..coffee and cake served we have birthday here today !!!!
No fans are off 4 hrs at night time

Sorry about the jack herer((( I only ask about your fans cos I have mine running 24hrs a day, gives the babies more strength and I love to see them dance:rofl: I agree with beast with the stretching, could you place them nearer the light?
I am looking into fixing a cord for fan to be on..
Lights are closer now..:thanks:

48.gif

Hello Birdie, glad to see you still going for it! I wish you luck with the babies they look happy, and good job on the topping! I think they are in good hands, it is all a learning curve. I wish I could help some more, time will tell. :love: :goodjob: :Namaste:

Good Morning all :circle-of-love:

Jack Herer could not be saved ..

The baby AK auto was placed in the big bag deeper down so I could support the stem.
We don't have temp spikes more humidity jumps when fan is off.
lights have been placed closer to the babies and he Pineapple Chunk.

Most of the tinfoil is with the back side out. :love: Thank you

Thing is that the big bagseed has been showing white hairs from week 4 about, that is why I thought it might be an auto skunk.
It is my understanding that regular seeds need light switched in order for sex to show?!

Enjoy your day all and spread the love!!!
:circle-of-love:

I'm so sorry to hear about Jack. May she rest in peace. :rip:

Regular seeds don't require 12/12 to show preflowers. It will happen naturally in veg if you wait long enough. I usually see preflowers around 6 weeks old in veg give or take a week or two depending on strain, environment, mistakes by me, etc. :blalol: At least that's been the case with the strains I ran in the past.

Just an observation, it's hard to grow without enough light, and enough light intensity. During the first week of a sprout's life that is important as you have found, without a certain intensity they get stretchy.

We can only work with what we have, of course, but I would love to see you get a grow tent and more effectively control the grow environment, especially the light, at all stages. It's just more fun to get all the results you can since it takes the same effort.

Stick with it!

Peace, Hyena

And fans on 24/7. Always. Steady air movement prevents a lot of problems.

Peace, Hyena

You've been getting great guidance, Birdie, regarding the stretching and air circulation. I just want to add my two cents:

Cent #1: If using CFL's or T5's, get them as close as you can WITHOUT overheating the plants.

Cent #2: Use the fan to keep the air circulating but don't blow it directly on the plants.

:Namaste:

Just an observation, it's hard to grow without enough light, and enough light intensity. During the first week of a sprout's life that is important as you have found, without a certain intensity they get stretchy.

We can only work with what we have, of course, but I would love to see you get a grow tent and more effectively control the grow environment, especially the light, at all stages. It's just more fun to get all the results you can since it takes the same effort.

Stick with it!

Peace, Hyena

You can always bury them deeper later, that's what I like about the plant. And yes lights are definitely important for yield and density. Tent is nice thing to have too, but one can manage without it with some white paint. :Namaste:

Stick with it!

Peace, Hyena

And fans on 24/7. Always. Steady air movement prevents a lot of problems.

Peace, Hyena

You've been getting great guidance, Birdie, regarding the stretching and air circulation. I just want to add my two cents:

Cent #1: If using CFL's or T5's, get them as close as you can WITHOUT overheating the plants.

Cent #2: Use the fan to keep the air circulating but don't blow it directly on the plants.

:Namaste:

hi
I am using 1 cfl and 3 led and one t5
they are now as close as it gets and hopefully it is enough!
:thanks: for all the help

I too would love to have a mars hydro set up with tent and light. But it has to wait until further notice...

You can always bury them deeper later, that's what I like about the plant. And yes lights are definitely important for yield and density. Tent is nice thing to have too, but one can manage without it with some white paint. :Namaste:

AK went deeper down since it looked like it was stretching too much.

The 2 little ones have a light as close as it gets too..
:circle-of-love:

UPDATE 19 /10 - 2016

Hi all

I went for a walk with the girls and had a beautiful afternoon at the beach :circle-of-love: with them.

I have tried really hard to take good quality pictures but it just doesn't want to work :rofl:
So my journal is officially with baaad pictures..

The Pineapple Chunk has grown two sets of stipules . Tiny , but there :thumb:
Babybagseed ( needs to be re named to lady bagseed) is growing a lot of hairs in the upcoming bud places.

This is Pineapple Chunk in front and lady bagseed in the back
The LED light is shining at bagseed baby 2 and Auto AK.:circle-of-love:

IMG_20161008_183231.jpg

I hope you had a lovely joyful Sunday and I spread grow love to your gardens :circle-of-love:

one problem with burying deeper well may or not be a problem
the plant will start to want to grow more roots to the area on the stem that wasn't previously
covered so some energy may go there to root
just a thought

one problem with burying deeper well may or not be a problem
the plant will start to want to grow more roots to the area on the stem that wasn't previously
covered so some energy may go there to root
just a thought

I had that in mind when placing her deeper but after loosing jack Herer to stretched stem.. I got a bit worried.
We are talking 2 cm of stem being buried, so I hope it will be ok. thank you for info :thanks:

They will be much happier with the stem buried. You'll see smiles from you plant :yummy:

I've buried stems longer then my thumb into the soil, you'll be fine birdy just get it done and forget it ever happened :)

Jimdogggy

:thanks: both for encouragement I will surely forget about burying it deeper !!

Good Morning all

SweetSue and I have created a home remedies thread. Feel free to join us and post any of your successful home remedies.
We would love to hear from you :circle-of-love:

Home Remedies -A Community Project

Spider mites........... red little mini baaaad guys...... nearly eating my AK auto..hope she will survive :Namaste:

I can't like that post. What approach are you considering? A thorough spraying with a hose may eliminate the majority and swabbing or spraying with a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol may finish the job for you.

Back
Top Bottom