AngryBird's Perpetual Organic Garden, T8 Lights, Homemade Food

Can you show a diy airpot? Where do you find the dempled material? Very intrigued!!!

That's just and idea I got 5 minutes ago when I read Canna's post. Sry no pics of diy airpot.
What I would do if I had that material is drill holes in all of the cones. Then form a circle with it, using zip ties through some of the holes to keep it together. I'd then figure out how big it is, cut out the bottom, drill it, then zip tie it to the sides. How sturdy would that be though? Probably not very sturdy at the bottom. Hmm. For the bottom, maybe attach a tray from a house plant pot to the bottom with holes for drainage in it. That would make it more sturdy.

Or you can stick some sticks through in the bottom where the bottom pad would stay and secure with zip-tie. Whole festivals are build with zip-ties. And the sheet is very sturdy. It is definitely doable. I'm considering it right now :D

Bird shipping is free u only pay for the soil.no matter were u live;) i pay just under 14 uk pounds and that gets me a 50litre sack of biobizz lightmix;)

Hello Birdie,
I'm sorry to hear about the babies. I'm sending some positive vibes your way :Namaste: :love:

Or, you can get this:
1279766858172_hz-fileserver2_1093935.jpg
and make your own airpot. It is dimple drain sheet, I've worked with these to build a green roof.

What I would do if I had that material is drill holes in all of the cones. Then form a circle with it, using zip ties through some of the holes to keep it together. I'd then figure out how big it is, cut out the bottom, drill it, then zip tie it to the sides. How sturdy would that be though? Probably not very sturdy at the bottom. Hmm. For the bottom, maybe attach a tray from a house plant pot to the bottom with holes for drainage in it. That would make it more sturdy.

Or you can stick some sticks through in the bottom where the bottom pad would stay and secure with zip-tie. Whole festivals are build with zip-ties. And the sheet is very sturdy. It is definitely doable. I'm considering it right now :D

Nice! Please share pics if you do it!

See DIY gang is at it again :)
I love brain storming :circle-of-love:

Everywhere I go.. I always run into something going..aaa what if... lol

My tarp bags was one thing like that.
So air pot is better than sack cloth?

See DIY gang is at it again :)
I love brain storming :circle-of-love:

Everywhere I go.. I always run into something going..aaa what if... lol

My tarp bags was one thing like that.
So air pot is better than sack cloth?
We use smart pots. I've thought about making our own. Seems like it would be cheaper, and we can have pretty, colorful ones. I would use velcro in spots to make for easier up potting.

Yup, just use anything lying around, right? I'm looking for the material right now, I dunno how's it called in Czech, haha. I saw something for like 10 euros per 3x3 ft (meter squared) thats pretty expensive, but so are airpots. I will keep you posted. And I have also noticed my post is 420th. This is heavy. Great Scott!

I've seen them made out of every fabric imaginable, burlap is my usual choice. There are hardly any "wrong" fabrics as long as it can contain soil and provide drainage, it'll probably work. Tie Dyed (maybe I'm telling my age) sweatshirt cotton was the rage in the early 70's where I lived back in those days. I am a DIY guy through and through, everything I look at is viewed with an eye toward "What else can I use this for"?". I'm not cheap, just like getting full use out of things before they are deemed trash.

Keith

I've seen them made out of every fabric imaginable, burlap is my usual choice. There are hardly any "wrong" fabrics as long as it can contain soil and provide drainage, it'll probably work. Tie Dyed (maybe I'm telling my age) sweatshirt cotton was the rage in the early 70's where I lived back in those days. I am a DIY guy through and through, everything I look at is viewed with an eye toward "What else can I use this for"?". I'm not cheap, just like getting full use out of things before they are deemed trash.

Keith
We like using things for many uses as well! I'm always scouring tag sales for treasures to use in the garden.

Keith

:rofl: well I remember those too Keith :rofl: that makes me old too hahahaha
And yes.I was never a throw away bird..only if it is broken to no repair stage.
No need to spend money on materials for fabric pots, just make your jeans into shorts...

A Video Journal With Pigeons420 - 2016

or into a bag....

Or just wear the jeans commando for a couple of weeks, then use directly, no wash or tumble! The jeans pot will already be inoculated and seasoned with "nutes" as they call them today. Sorry, a gross joke I know. NOT REAL ADVICE! just in case ...

Keith

Or just wear the jeans commando for a couple of weeks, then use directly, no wash or tumble! The jeans pot will already be inoculated and seasoned with "nutes" as they call them today. Sorry, a gross joke I know. NOT REAL ADVICE! just in case ...

Keith

Whenever I run out of beneficial bacteria, I throw my dirty socks into the res.

Yeah, nothing like organic, baby. :)

Whenever I run out of beneficial bacteria, I throw my dirty socks into the res.

Yeah, nothing like organic, baby. :)

Keith
:rofl::rofl: Well I have read some gross threads in other places on what "could" be used in growing.. the 2 posts above come nowhere close to gross..

I was curious about making my own airpots and in my search ended up watching a video with a guy poking a hot soldering iron from the inside out of a plastic pot. I never tried it to see if it works, but it pushes through and makes a cone shape. I just drill holes, lol.

Well, when you are a DIY person.. you always find a way to make the things you need with WHAT you have or can find around you.
Soldering iron sounds like a good idea... heat expands and moves plastic to shape.... :hmmmm:
Time to see if my pots can do that..... They are quite old and dry....

:rofl: :rofl: OMG, you guys had me rolling on the floor with the beneficial microbes. :laughtwo:

Cannafan has a great tutorial on fabric pot DIY. It was the very first thing I blogged after arriving here. The Velcro opening is definately something to consider.

DIY fabric grow pots "Cannabags" made from Eco Felt

The discussion on the air pots is interesting. Duggan made his monster pots by zip tying two air pots together and using a heavy hardware cloth for the bottom. Pots that big require their own dolly system to be able to move them around, unless you're being followed around by a helpful weightlifter. :laughtwo:

Hi Sue
Well it was brainstorming with some laughs :)
thanks for link
and after looking... that was the first material I had in mind...and then sack material... :) thank you

Back
Top Bottom