AngryBird's Perpetual Organic Garden, T8 Lights, Homemade Food

I don't know about the need to cook the soil but I do know u need to add the perlite. For my seedlings I use a seedling soil mixed with vermiculite...50/50 blend. Started doing that at the end of the season and it works great until trandplant. I don't need perlite at all with the vermiculite.

I have heard that white widow takes it all and keeps growing. I wish u lived close so I could pop over and get some dirt under my nails.

So much to learn...so many journals to follow.

:thanks: It is just so frustrating to try and then they die

Hi Birdie,
Been watching from the sidelines! Don't give up over a few failures, you will learn what works for your plants and environment. I'm rather into growing soil, but that is a subject and thread of its own. In my experience, most leggy cannabis seedlings are caused by inadequate light, not soil problems. The distance from your LEDs to your seedlings (and plants once mature) is critical, and requires trial and error, or a light meter. All LED panels are far from being created equal, there is so much variability in the LED panel market, and you can't know your light values at a given distance. If you do get leggy seedlings again, perhaps try to gently pile soil loosely, not packed, around the stem all the way up to the leaves. The stem will produce roots in a week or so after the soil pileup.

Keep trying, if you can grow veggies, you can grow cannabis. I promise!

Keith

Hi Keith, hope all is well in your world :) Your son?
Thank you for the advice.. i did that pile thing on my pineapple and the bag seed.. and their light is just a few cm away.. (6-7cm)

Sorry bout' Yer babies AB...with that soil mixture...as long as the manure is well aged and likewise your compost...you prolly don't have to cook it ...butt seeing as you have to source seeds...won't hurt...but yes...lots of perlite...as for your chunk...I think its a combination of things...first off, your soil might not be providing what a growing girl needs...in which case you will have to feed her some nutes(diluted to 1/4 or 1/3 strength...not sure how you are watering...but water away from the plant and get those roots searching for water...it seems they are in a large enuff pot, so you gotta' get them to utilize the space...finally use all the lights you have...your wattage is just equivalant...so give her lots and keep it close...but not too close...I fear she will be a runt...but given some luv and attention, could still produce for you...best of luck...cheerz...h00k...

hi hook
I water Pineapple just like that!! around the edge of pot almost..so she will search for water!!
I do not water her often..and I do not have perlite in her soil, only " big chunks" of fir bark
Weather in Greece is pretty hot still and I have a thermometer and fan keeping temps at 28-30 in there.

So sorry Birdie :-( , let's hope the remaining ladies kick it up a notch for you. In the interim have hit off of this :passitleft:

Blessed buds to you and keep on keeping on

Thank you :)

What do u want to know about soil bird;)? And top info above.dont experiment until ur comfortable with ur achivements.then play;) its easy to over water.if i can be of any help just ask;)

Didn't mean to leave you out of my answers :)
Thank you for being here and helping :)
I think the killing is too much water. But the slow grow isn't

If u want a soil that gives u monster growth and beautiful plants. Then u wna be getting some biobizz light
Mix.pure magic for plants no lie;)

Waaat. So sad to hear that, angry. I still dont get what happened exactly...maybe its the soil, too hard? Too wet?

Sent from my E5803 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi and :thanks: for dropping by :) It is nice to see the 2 of you again

There were different issues on the soil.
Let me just clear out one thing..
I live in Greece..here it is illegal and the soil you talk about is not available in a normal grow store... If you go to the grow store carrying these brands.. police is on you in a heart beat!
I am not growing for myself and I do not want to loose my kids over this :Namaste:

2nd
One plant died from bad soil airation
The others from too much water ( 7 babies in coco pellets).

Hi and :thanks: for dropping by :) It is nice to see the 2 of you again

There were different issues on the soil.
Let me just clear out one thing..
I live in Greece..here it is illegal and the soil you talk about is not available in a normal grow store... If you go to the grow store carrying these brands.. police is on you in a heart beat!
I am not growing for myself and I do not want to loose my kids over this :Namaste:

2nd
One plant died from bad soil airation
The others from too much water ( 7 babies in coco pellets).
In sorry you are having a difficult time getting the girls to grow. It's cool you still have the PC! Our is delicious!

We had problems with our soil a while ago. We think it was the bag of cow manure we used with the soil, ewc castings, and super coarse perlite. Since the perlite is so coarse, when we watered, it would flat top the top. Leaving only manure, soil, and ewc for the plants to grow in. The soil got thick and wouldn't take on water. We had plants die because the roots could not grow. The mix was too thick. We ended up switching to promix all purpose professional growers. It helped immensely and the girls love it!

In sorry you are having a difficult time getting the girls to grow. It's cool you still have the PC! Our is delicious!

We had problems with our soil a while ago. We think it was the bag of cow manure we used with the soil, ewc castings, and super coarse perlite. Since the perlite is so coarse, when we watered, it would flat top the top. Leaving only manure, soil, and ewc for the plants to grow in. The soil got thick and wouldn't take on water. We had plants die because the roots could not grow. The mix was too thick. We ended up switching to promix all purpose professional growers. It helped immensely and the girls love it!

Hi Canna

I was looking into soil today... and actually replanted my PineApple C today and the Bagseed baby...
Even though I " felt" the soil was a good choice and mix... something in my mind went... hm.... I want them to sit in some perlite too.

I am happy I did. For a plant that is 41 days old... she has in total of 6 "arms" of leaves... Think 3rd node is growing out now!!
ANd her root...just a long one with some 1/2 cm little ones on the sides...
Soil was NOT fluffy enough even though I had the bark pieces in it!!!
I planted this lady before my grow store had perlite in store.. ( last week I got a 100 liter sack :rofl:)

I will wait a few days to see how everything turns out.

Hi Canna

I was looking into soil today... and actually replanted my PineApple C today and the Bagseed baby...
Even though I " felt" the soil was a good choice and mix... something in my mind went... hm.... I want them to sit in some perlite too.

I am happy I did. For a plant that is 41 days old... she has in total of 6 "arms" of leaves... Think 3rd node is growing out now!!
ANd her root...just a long one with some 1/2 cm little ones on the sides...
Soil was NOT fluffy enough even though I had the bark pieces in it!!!
I planted this lady before my grow store had perlite in store.. ( last week I got a 100 liter sack :rofl:)

I will wait a few days to see how everything turns out.
Sounds good. The perlite should help with drainage, and it'll leave spaces for the root to grow easier than in dirt/mud. I think waiting a few to see is a good idea.

aa I forgot.. I placed the PiC in a BIG terp bag (full of holes in the bottom and 2 cm around) Try to grow a BIG baby now :rofl:

Al this testing is done since I don't want to shop in the "canna" store.

Just can't afford to buy seeds at the moment :( Maybe next month.

aa I forgot.. I placed the PiC in a BIG terp bag (full of holes in the bottom and 2 cm around) Try to grow a BIG baby now :rofl:

Al this testing is done since I don't want to shop in the "canna" store.

Just can't afford to buy seeds at the moment :( Maybe next month.
Are you any good at sewing? You could go get material at the craft store and make your smart pots. I have been thinking about doing that as well.

Are you any good at sewing? You could go get material at the craft store and make your smart pots. I have been thinking about doing that as well.

Yes I have that in mind.. was thinking of finding sack material or just ready sacks...Things like that kind of appears in front of me when I need it or " when time is right " :Namaste:

Birdie,

Perlite, Vermiculite and fabric pots ... all a best friends of a perpetual over-waterer. I'm not pointing fingers, I still struggle with over hydrating plants of all kinds, every indoor plant in my house has a clear overflow tray beneath it. I tell myself its to protect the floors and surfaces, but the real problem is I still over water plants. Even my kids and wife tell me I have forever harped on them and tried to make sure they are always hydrated. I must have died in a desert from dehydration in a previous life!

Keith

Birdie,

Perlite, Vermiculite and fabric pots ... all a best friends of a perpetual over-waterer. I'm not pointing fingers, I still struggle with over hydrating plants of all kinds, every indoor plant in my house has a clear overflow tray beneath it. I tell myself its to protect the floors and surfaces, but the real problem is I still over water plants. Even my kids and wife tell me I have forever harped on them and tried to make sure they are always hydrated. I must have died in a desert from dehydration in a previous life!

Keith

:) That is why I bought a 100 liter sack of perlite :) ( around 27 gallons)

Bird shipping is free u only pay for the soil.no matter were u live;) i pay just under 14 uk pounds and that gets me a 50litre sack of biobizz lightmix;)

Hello Birdie,
I'm sorry to hear about the babies. I'm sending some positive vibes your way :Namaste: :love:

Or, you can get this:
1279766858172_hz-fileserver2_1093935.jpg
and make your own airpot. It is dimple drain sheet, I've worked with these to build a green roof.

Can you show a diy airpot? Where do you find the dempled material? Very intrigued!!!

That's just and idea I got 5 minutes ago when I read Canna's post. Sry no pics of diy airpot.

Back
Top Bottom