Amy Gardner’s High Brix Dreams

Today is a blood moon :slide: It’s to be a full moon eclipse of special magnificence because at the same time, Mars is at it’s closest proximity to earth in 15 years so it will be joining in the show, travelling accross the sky at only 5º distance from the full moon all night. It remains to be seen how much all the extra volcanic dust might contribute to the colour. I’m excited to see. :slide:

I’m currently working out the precise time-window I’m going to need to be awake in to see it well. It’s apparently the longest lunar eclipse in terms of its totality because the moon is currently a ‘minimoon’ or apogee moon - meaning it is at the point of its orbit that is furthest from earth, so it looks smaller and takes longer to move accross the sky. This means the eclipse will last longer. This one is not visible from North America, nor much of Europe I dont think. I was (months ago) thinking I would try to photograph it but I’ve not spent any time with my new camera learning about that kind of photography so I’m just going to enjoy it with my whole being and not be tethered to any device (except my blanket! It’s cold here at the moment). There’ll be plenty of expertly taken images available afterwards for us all to east our eyes on.

I’m not sure if eclipses have any special significance in gardening. I’ll look into that a bit. But I do know that the next 2 weeks, as the full moon wanes to dark, the energy of the plant is directed to the roots more and more so that is perfect timing for my little seedling who is just established and will provide cosmic enhancement the the roots building :thumb: Comically enhanced roots! Sounds good :)

Our little big blue is rolling along nicely, despite a minor mishap :eek: I was clumsy while replacing the humidifier and the Accurite tipped over on the seedling :oops::rolleyes: But serioulsy it’s totally ok it happened fast and i lifted it instantly. So resilient these things. It looked a bit bent for a little while and one of the mono-cotyledons got a bit broken. In no time (about an hour!) it was powering and fully upright again in defiance of it’s momentary mishap. Just with a slightly broken ‘fin’ - maybe I should call it Nemo :) (but seriously, i’m not one for naming my plants).

82BE40EC-F262-4A23-9174-CF2B23C583A8.jpeg

@Graytail @dynamo1 - what sorts of distances from these lights can the little ones handle? I seem to remember one of you saying you just hang your QB rigs high and let the plants grow up into them, so that’s what I’d planned to do - but I’m thinking I need to get it a little bit warmer overnight :hmmmm:... so am considering raising it up off the floor some.

Extraction fan project has had some rolling changes, as happens... i’ll report back later.

Oh... and what makes perlite turn orangey brown? Is it just pigment from the SPM?

Seedlings love sunlight, unlike cuttings, so it's not critical. I run mine at 3 feet until I know they're good and sturdy.

Hope your doing well today Amy.
Cheers Derby! I am. Am taking it super easy, even for me ;) and currently lying here considering which jar of bud to dive into ... nice day :).

I actually just dropped back in here to share this ... about this full moon. It’s a doozy, so if anyone is feeling a bit strung out, it’s could be this hyper active waxing moon...

I thought I’d share this share from one of my instagram follows. This will have been relevant for a week or more already.

F7896133-F349-48B3-B97B-8FE88700AA03.jpeg

I already have a salt bath planned - why I’m contemplating my Cannabis option, cause it’s hardly a bath without a toke! (Ooh, better charge the vape!)

Good day Amy...hope its a groovin one for ya! A small suggestion for your plants and light. If ya wanna get them off the floor , a lil closer to the lights, just put them up on another pot or a box or something. When they start to grow adjust accordingly. I always leave my lights about as hi up as they can go....and leave them there,...much faster and easier to just adjust the plants. Have a great day woman!......Oh ya btw....so glad your not that type to name your plants.....:passitleft:

Mine get a name for sure. Strain and a #. Then I know who is who. Nickname can be forgotten but you still know who is who.
:thumb: This one is Blue Dream #1 - my first Blue Dream.

Well, I caught some glimpses of the blood moon eclipse, the last one as it was just starting to turn red on one side. It. Was. Freezing. outside. Well 2degC, but it felt freezing. I couldn’t stay out for long. The night sky in general was incredible. It was 430-5am, pitch black apart from the starlight and crystal crystal clear with so many stars it was totally dazzling. Such a blessing to live so far from any artificial lighting :slide: That vision of the blanket of stars will stay with me for a long time, as well as the blood moon, low in the sky, through the trees.

It’s Saturday morning here - weekend wakenbake indulgence :volcano-smiley: today it’s the buds I have named The Roaring Dutchess (Golden Tiger x Northern Lights that my friend made). It’s an absolutely delightful high. Very mellow while still uplifted, sore from smiling kind of effect with hints of trippiness. The NL in it (I’m assuming) gives it a nice relaxing body effect while my head still gets the cerebral stimulation of the GT. I like it very much. It’s the one that has literally made me drool. It has chocolate and coffee tones it it’s aromatic and flavour arsenal.
Yumm .... back to my project ...

Oh and it’s a breakfast morning after 36hrs if fasting so my high is nicely enhanced and breakfast is coming :drool:

:ciao:
:Namaste:

Morning Amy. Sounds like things are just right in your world today. Saw the moon too this morning, after the clouds cleared, its a very spiritual time that early, spoiled only by being at work. Have a great day.

Hiya Amy,

Question, do you find food tastes better after a fast? I've changed eating, and after 6 months, I'm finding flavors more vivid, combinations so much tastier. Julie and I were discussing this last night. How timely! What say you? Cya

What say you? Cya
I say yea! I have also eliminated all sugar and most carbs so I had mostly attributed my enhanced flavour detection to that but this suggests the fasting is making a difference there as well. A very simple breakfast was certainly spectacular this morning :thumb:
And my ‘erb tastes amazing as well
Morning Amy. Sounds like things are just right in your world today. Saw the moon too this morning, after the clouds cleared, its a very spiritual time that early, spoiled only by being at work. Have a great day.
so glad you got to see it.

Thanks - things are just right. I’m ‘hooched up’ and snuggled up in bed with crosswords and snacks and herb. The crosswords are supposed to be keeping me off screens, so I’m actually not really here right now

I love weekends. Weekends I eat when I want ... toke when I want ...

A very Great weekend to all :circle-of-love:

:love:
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom