Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

re: Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

Here is the promised photo update.

flower Day 2

I changed the res on the Hawaiian Snow, 5 gallons of fresh RO water loaded with nutes according to The Capn's recipe here...How to: Fast vegetative growth - Nutrient Recipe - Blogs - 420 Magazine ® I also rasied the lights a few inches, I have been keeping the DS 200 about 4-6" higher then 96X3, it seems to need to be higher to cover same footprint, probably the lenses.

You all know the drill by now TopLED 96X3 is on the left, Advanced LED DS 200 on the right.

DSCN18683.JPG
DSCN18694.JPG
DSCN18703.JPG

Both sides look pretty darn good! :popcorn:

thanks for the new page bump you da man :):high-five:, I need to keep better eye on post count.

Yea I am liking how these plants are looking in general. Once I got pH stable the Hawaiian Snow just took off like a rocket. Going to have to do some serious defol in another week or two.

well 2nd day of flower, they clones so not so sure on age, probably 2-3 months, but these two where kept slow growing at times due to space issues, both where seriously root bound at one point.

looking good CrawDad :thumb:

Nice side-by-side Crawdaddy, I get my best look when you pull them out of the tent. Are you topping them or just letting them grow?

They got topped a LONG time ago, pulled them to sides to make room for divider too. Since they started flowering 2 days ago no more training, probably do a defol in next 1-2 weeks.

I have nothing against where a panel is made. The Chinese product might not be of the highest quality components, but they are by far the cheapest. Shit the first manufactured panel I ever purchased was a TopLED reflector a few weeks ago. I personally look at it from an economics standpoint. If I can get close to the same product for 1/3rd the price, even if it only last half as long, I still got the best bang for my buck. I would love to see a company come out with a Cree/Luxeon/Osram LED panel using the best of what each company has to offer, but that simply isn't going to happen. There are too many technical details that require way more engineering than using all the same brand offers. Cree doesn't make the deep or far reds, Phillips/Luxeon doesn't make the low blues, Osram doesn't make the blues, but for each one they have slightly better things they do than the other companies.

I agree that the TopLED side does seem to be growing a little better but it's really hard to tell from pictures until it gets way more growth.

Hosebomber if you were to design a LED panel which components would you use and what would be your spectrum ratio?

Hey Crawdaddy what RO system are you using? I am shopping for a system that does at least 150gpd. Thanks in advance.

NCR

That's really tough to answer and part of the reason I had TopLED make a panel for me. I would like to use Cree whites and blues with Luxeon ES reds and deep reds. There are a few problems with that. Having a company make a panel with different diode pad layouts, power requirements, and heat management requirements takes a lot of additional parts and engineering effort. Likewise, neither of those companies make diodes frow 380-450nm or a 730 nm diode. Everlight has a 1 watt 730nm diode with the same footprint as the Rebel ES but then you have to add a different driver for those 1 watt diodes. I have used both cheap and expensive drivers and the difference there isn't really worth the cost (I've only had 3 die and 1 was 100% my fault.).

As for the spectrum/ratio, I'm still gonna hold that close for now. I have a standard 96x3 reflector and my custom one here and ready to test. One of the clones I was going to use in the test didn't make the transplant into the aquaponics system, so I'm waiting on getting a couple more rooted out. I want them to be as close to identical as possible before I start.

Hey Crawdaddy what RO system are you using? I am shopping for a system that does at least 150gpd. Thanks in advance.

NCR

It called iSpring got it on amazon, would put link but admin would remove. I had kind of a pin hooking it up without leaking but finally got right parts and not a drop of leak now. it works well for ~$150, can only do 3 gallons about at a time before need to wait hour or 2. PPM about 8-10.

I found one for hydro gardening, but it adds 15-30ppm of cal/mag. Not sure if I should go that route or get one that just does RO.

I found one for hydro gardening, but it adds 15-30ppm of cal/mag. Not sure if I should go that route or get one that just does RO.

I have that one , its called the hydrogardener. had it for over a year and works great. best tasting RO water I've had. :)

Just dropping by to let you know im still here waiting for your pics. So not getting anyone new in my 9/11 thread so what would you like to see me cover?

Just dropping by to let you know im still here waiting for your pics. So not getting anyone new in my 9/11 thread so what would you like to see me cover?

Glad to know still following, I should be doing a picture update in next few days. As to a topic, I do not know, I am pretty opinionated about pretty much anything lol.

bro what 9/11 thread is that?

*ok go it, somehow missed seeing that link.

Yes feel free to come by and join the conversation and view the material.

Back
Top Bottom