Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

re: Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

Hey HB, ill send you a link via pm. I pulled them from a light forum, as that came up first, but if some of if is off, please let me know, and ill edit.....to not leave incorrect info here.

Edit:

HB, did you mean, Phycoerythrin? The list was of Phycocyanin...which looks 630nm range.

Retrieval of phycocyanin concentration from remote-sensing reflectance using a semi-analytic model in eutrophic lakes - ScienceDirect
Polarized absorption and fluorescence spectra of single crystals of C-phycocyanin - ScienceDirect

HB & Eco, ....you guys clearly know your stuff....I'm only at Chapter 2 in the Botany-for-dummies book :) Thanks for indulging a neophyte.

HB, did you mean, Phycoerythrin? The list was of Phycocyanin...which looks 630nm range.

Yea, sorry. They are side by side on my spreadsheet, I must have crossed my eyes or something... 620 is the single point peak for Phycocyanin.

Kind of interesting to see what happens to the buddage you have growing. All the LED stuff is all greek to me. One day you never know I might play alittle with some LEDs. Ideas sound sound for sure. Hey just a fast note my girls are staying in veg. Hopefully you have a good 'faster' strain for your outside. Something alttle mold resistant? I've lost close to 20% of all my outdoor girls since moving here to Oregon. BTW I'm just across the river from you. Last year sucked. Was the wettest fall in alooong time over here, there too. GL and I'll keep looking in. Hey I'd feel safe throwing something outdoors pretty soon. I have 6 out there in veg and after 2 weeks, still vegging. Laters Keepem Green

Kind of interesting to see what happens to the buddage you have growing. All the LED stuff is all greek to me. One day you never know I might play alittle with some LEDs. Ideas sound sound for sure. Hey just a fast note my girls are staying in veg. Hopefully you have a good 'faster' strain for your outside. Something alttle mold resistant? I've lost close to 20% of all my outdoor girls since moving here to Oregon. BTW I'm just across the river from you. Last year sucked. Was the wettest fall in alooong time over here, there too. GL and I'll keep looking in. Hey I'd feel safe throwing something outdoors pretty soon. I have 6 out there in veg and after 2 weeks, still vegging. Laters Keepem Green

Its good to know where you are, that makes me fell better about putting them out tomorrow, it suppose to be sunny and warm all week so...

Last yeas was great until late Sep. storms rolled through, a lot of people I know got killed. I have a little 10'X10' green house i grow in, I got a little mold last year but not much. They stayed dry though all that rain. I got some new strains this year that should be early.

thanks for dropping by, value your input :)

Happy Sunday to All.....

CrawDaddy got a question for you.

Have you talked about LED distance from the top of the plant yet?

I've been playing with 6" to 12" for my 96*3. TopLED recommends 1.5-2' for seedling and veg and 2-3' for flowering. I started as high as I could given my height restrictions. At about 18-22". After seeing several comments and pics of plants all the way into the LED's I began to lower it. All the way down to 6" during flowering (current height now). I generally play around 12" and adjust up when needed. I'm back down to 6" right now because I just changed nutes, added supplements and gave her a hair cut. I'm hoping the lower light will give her the last chance for stretch before she sharts fattening up.

So for the rambling but the question remains....

How far from the plant will the lights be? Will that be. Set height? Which would require you to adjust the lights.

Happy Sunday to All.....

I've been playing with 6" to 12" for my 96*3. TopLED recommends 1.5-2' for seedling and veg and 2-3' for flowering. I started as high as I could given my height restrictions. At about 18-22". After seeing several comments and pics of plants all the way into the LED's I began to lower it. All the way down to 6" during flowering (current height now). I generally play around 12" and adjust up when needed. I'm back down to 6" right now because I just changed nutes, added supplements and gave her a hair cut. I'm hoping the lower light will give her the last chance for stretch before she sharts fattening up.

How far from the plant will the lights be? Will that be. Set height? Which would require you to adjust the lights.
I have old style 3w x 100 full spectrum. I dont know how it compares to your fixture but at ~12" and a ~ 400sqin pattern, it measures ~600umol under SUN mode of the apogee which i assume is the proper setting to full spectrum LED. Im still trying to figure out what the proper umol of a 'full spectrum' LED ought to be. 500umol seems to be more than adequate from what i read and from what i see so far, it actually might be a bit too much which means 15" is plenty close. Currently i dont have any inter canopy lighting as im trying to figure out canopy numbers first but i expect to be near 2g/w once its all dialed in. The penetration is somewhat poor with these fixtures as is focused and not a whole lot of greens passing thru the canopy which tells me intercanopy will be important to get that 2g/w and over.

Its good to know where you are, that makes me fell better about putting them out tomorrow, it suppose to be sunny and warm all week so...

Last yeas was great until late Sep. storms rolled through, a lot of people I know got killed. I have a little 10'X10' green house i grow in, I got a little mold last year but not much. They stayed dry though all that rain. I got some new strains this year that should be early.

thanks for dropping by, value your input :)

If I had a 10x10 grow area, I would walk around with a bonner all day long

I have old style 3w x 100 full spectrum. I dont know how it compares to your fixture but at ~12" and a ~ 400sqin pattern, it measures ~600umol under SUN mode of the apogee which i assume is the proper setting to full spectrum LED. Im still trying to figure out what the proper umol of a 'full spectrum' LED ought to be. 500umol seems to be more than adequate from what i read and from what i see so far, it actually might be a bit too much which means 15" is plenty close. Currently i dont have any inter canopy lighting as im trying to figure out canopy numbers first but i expect to be near 2g/w once its all dialed in. The penetration is somewhat poor with these fixtures as is focused and not a whole lot of greens passing thru the canopy which tells me intercanopy will be important to get that 2g/w and over.

Huh....lol. I'm a nob at best and you just spoke a different language. So I'll quietly slink back to the shadows and just watch the show. SQIN...UMOL....what did he say? I guess don't go less than 15" or you loose something? Ok, I should just stick with my manufactures recommendations and leave it at that.

Happy Sunday to All.....

I have the same LED 96*3. I started with mine 12 inches above my baby buds (2 weeks into flowering), and within 3 days there was burning. I now have them 2 feet away.
I hope that helps!
:Namaste:

I have the same LED 96*3. I started with mine 12 inches above my baby buds (2 weeks into flowering), and within 3 days there was burning. I now have them 2 feet away.
I hope that helps!

Pinky and Eco...yes it helps for sure.

For me the science of it all isn't as important as the tried and tested. Pinky, yours is tried and tested. Mine is a work in progress. I've had mine as low as 6" for a couple days. I saw no ill effects but raised it because I didn't want there to be an issue when I got home in the evening. I think I (we) should be safe to go as low as 12" which is where it's been.

I hope that helps!
I'm glad you went there Pinky. I was actually contemplating lowering mines.

Sorry all have not had update in last few days, I will do a photo update tonight or tomorrow.

Still on track to go to 12/12 lighting 5/15

Seeing interesting results so far....

The Hawaiian Snow on the TopLED side is doing MUCH better then the DS 200 side, dramatically better. However the Blueberry is showing slightly better/more growth on the DS200 side. Very interesting, I would not think it be strain dependent, if it ends up being true that could complicate matters greatly as one light might be better for one strain but another light might better for another strain.

We'll be patiently waiting Cdaddy.

Sorry all have not had update in last few days, I will do a photo update tonight or tomorrow.

Still on track to go to 12/12 lighting 5/15

Seeing interesting results so far....

The Hawaiian Snow on the TopLED side is doing MUCH better then the DS 200 side, dramatically better. However the Blueberry is showing slightly better/more growth on the DS200 side. Very interesting, I would not think it be strain dependent, if it ends up being true that could complicate matters greatly as one light might be better for one strain but another light might better for another strain.

Very interesting

one light might be better for one strain but another light might better for another strain.

noooooo!!!!!!!

Great info here. Nice outdoor size craw, sounds like your in my neck of the woods or at least within a half a days drive. Keep up the great work and I appreciate all the info.

NCR

Back
Top Bottom