Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual

Re: Aberration Goes ker Bloom! - 2009

I sprayed veg plus PS and BD for mites.

This is the last meal for MTO3 and OC6. Next round they flush.

TBD1 just started the last three weeks of feeding, so her recipe changed.

Code:
--> G13xGB, KK2, PS, BD:

1. Spray for spider mites; in hot water:
   Per gal:
	 2  t  yucca
	 4  t  Azatrol
	 4  t  Notrazyme
	 1  T  Ful-power
   pH adjusted to "damn, I forgot"
Code:
--> G13xGB, KK2 (veg):

1. Feed to saturation
   Per gal:	
	 1  t  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz.Yucca
   Adjusted to 750 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.25 @ 21.3 C 
	1/2 t  Companion
Code:
--> MTO2:

1. Flush: 2 gallons water
         2 T Clearex per gallon
Code:
--> MTO3, OC6, TBD1, PS, BD (bloom):

1. Pre-flush: 1/2 gal. each
   Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.29 @ 21.8 C
Code:
2. Feed MTO3, OC6: 1-1/2 gal. each
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
        1/2 T  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	1/2 T  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 1  t  Carbon sweet
	 3  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrazyme
    - Adjusted with Bioactive to 1350 ppm
    - pH adjusted to  6.27 @ 21.2 C
	1/2 t  Companion
Code:
3. Feed TBD1: 1-1/4 gal.
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	3/4 t  Carbon sweet
	 2  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrazyme
      Adjust with water to 1390 ppm
      pH adjusted to  6.21 @ 21.3 C
	1/2 t  Companion
Code:
4. Feed PS, BD: 1 gal.
   Per gal:
	 1  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 1  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  T  Notrazyme
      Adjust with water to 750 ppm
      pH adjusted to  6.26 @ 21.3 C
	1/2 t  Companion

Now that the chores are done, it's pictures-and-a-doobie time. I usually smoke a doob while I do this. Feel free to light up while you read it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

BD and PS are doing great in bloom so far. Here are some pics I took of them while they were out of the bloom room for spraying and drying.

Here is PS (Purple Sage). She is doing great, with lots of nice green tops:

20100111-Aber-01-ps.jpg

20100111-Aber-02-ps.jpg

20100111-Aber-03-ps.jpg

20100111-Aber-04-ps.jpg

And here is BD (Blue Dream). She is a tad burnt I see, So I'll maybe go a bit easy on her:

20100111-Aber-05-bd.jpg

20100111-Aber-06-bd.jpg

20100111-Aber-07-bd.jpg

In any case they are both quite healthy and growing, though they still droop at the very tips. Could that be due to overfeeding? I'm looking forward to trying the BD.

:peace:

Good stuff as usual. Quick question for ya. I tried a search for Notrazyme and all I got back were a bunch links to your thread :). Is it Nutrazyme that I should be looking for? And is that the one for humans, that helps break down enzymes - and is that what you're using it for here?

Wait, there's more! ;)

I have pictures from yesterday. I was busy yesterday as well.

I made cannabutter for the first time. I may not have done it right, but I won't know until the next safe time to test it - next weekend. Oh the agony of the wait! Lol!

In any case, right or wrong, here is what I did:

First, I got a hot plate and double boiler. I did this in the veg room because my wife would not allow me to do it in the kitchen. Oh well. I don't smoke pot in the kitchen either, so this was best for both of us ;) :

20100110-Aber-01-canna.jpg

I also gathered up some supplies; 1 lb of unsalted butter, a fine mesh strainer, and a whisk and fork for stirring and pressing:

20100110-Aber-02-canna.jpg

Last but not least, the bud. I had this gallon glass jar with 99g of first rate leftovers. It's mostly fluffy bud and very nice shake from the last round of OC. Once de-stemmed and ground, it's perfectly good bud. But I have so much better weed, this is for cooking:

20100110-Aber-03-canna.jpg

I weighed out 29g:

20100110-Aber-04-canna.jpg

I ground it finely:

20100110-Aber-05-canna.jpg

I added water to the bottom of the double boiler and brought it to a boil. Then I put the entire pound of butter in the top and melted it down:

20100110-Aber-06-canna.jpg

Once the butter was completely melted, I added the pot:

20100110-Aber-07-canna.jpg

Then I stirred it up. At the beginning it looked like this:

20100110-Aber-08-canna.jpg

I kept it going for 2 hours. I wanted to go longer but my time was cut short. I stirred every few minutes. I used a second saucepan to boil water on the other burner to add when the double-boiler got low. This prevented a long cool spell each time while new water would have had to be brought to a boil, since I added it already boiling:

20100110-Aber-09-canna.jpg

As for the smell, it is notoriously bad. I thought is smelled like a broccoli-asparagus soup, right up to the end of the cooking. I don't know what to say. It was kinda odd, but OK. 🤷 I hope that isn't because I screwed up somewhere.

In any case, after two hours it looked bad:

20100110-Aber-10-canna.jpg

Bad:

20100110-Aber-11-canna.jpg

Using the strainer and a funnel together...:

20100110-Aber-12-canna.jpg

I strained (pressing) it into a clean pint jar:

20100110-Aber-13-canna.jpg

This I threw away:

20100110-Aber-14-canna.jpg

This was left:

20100110-Aber-15-canna.jpg

20100110-Aber-16-canna.jpg

I let it cool, sealed it, and put it in the fridge. Now, a day later, it looks like this. Mmmmm :crosseyed: :

20100110-Aber-17-canna.jpg

Now to wait for the weekend...

But that's not all!

I also have a few plant pics. Here's some MH-lit bloom-room pics:

20100110-Aber-18-mh.jpg

OC:
20100110-Aber-19-oc.jpg

TBD1:
20100110-Aber-20-tbd1.jpg

TBD1:
20100110-Aber-21-tbd1.jpg

And here are a couple pics from when I transplanted those 8 clones I mentioned. Note that most did have more root than this:

20100110-Aber-22-clones.jpg

20100110-Aber-23-clones.jpg

OK. I'm done. :bong:

Good stuff as usual. Quick question for ya. I tried a search for Notrazyme and all I got back were a bunch links to your thread :). Is it Nutrazyme that I should be looking for? And is that the one for humans, that helps break down enzymes - and is that what you're using it for here?

The stuff I have is Notrozyme. It is made locally, so I'm not surprised you've only heard of it from me. It's made by Harvest Moon Organics in Eugene, OR.

First, I can't really say for sure what it does. It's part of a system I 'inherited' from my mentor, but he doesn't always know why stuff works and he often doesn't say when he does. I don't really know what Notrozyme does - I just know it's part of a good system. I have been researching a lot of the components of what I use, and I have adjusted some of them to differ from what I was taught in a few places. Notrozyme is one I haven't questioned much yet.

The bottle says the following:
  • 100% organic
  • Natural Plant Growth Promoter
  • Contains non-plant food ingredients
  • 10% Kelp extract
That's it other than usage rates for hydro, soil, foliar, and cuttings. I suspect it may just be the kelp. But who knows? I can't get any answers. So I will have to determine that experimentally. Later. Right now, it works. 🤷

Sorry. If it's any consolation, I keep hearing they are going national under a different name. If I find out what it is, I'll pass it along and you can use it 'in the dark' just like me. ;)

Or if you happen to be in the area, I can give you directions to the store where I buy it. Then you could try it yourself.

I'm a bit miffed though, because I just ran out of Notrozyme, a gallon is $50, and I don't have that kind of money 'til Friday. They should be able to coast until then. They'll only miss it on one feed, I guess.

Ohhhhh man that cannabutter. You literally have my mouth watering. I remember the very first time I ever grew my own - 16 years ago (btw I've not grown much in between so I don't to pretend like I've got 16 years of growing experience) - anyways we had an entire meal with those plants in every course...

Started with a toast. Drunk through the stems of the plants.
Then Pot Spaghetti sauce. Used the leaves and some bud, cooked in butter for a few hours, then into a great sauce. We also used some of the leaves like cooked spinach. Cook them in a frying pan w/lots of butter for a while. They taste great.
Finally of course the mandatory Pot Brownies for desert.

I still drink a beer through the stem of every plant I grow.

The stuff I have is Notrozyme. It is made locally, so I'm not surprised you've only heard of it from me. It's made by Harvest Moon Organics in Eugene, OR.

First, I can't really say for sure what it does. It's part of a system I 'inherited' from my mentor, but he doesn't always know why stuff works and he often doesn't say when he does. I don't really know what Notrozyme does - I just know it's part of a good system. I have been researching a lot of the components of what I use, and I have adjusted some of them to differ from what I was taught in a few places. Notrozyme is one I haven't questioned much yet.

The bottle says the following:
  • 100% organic
  • Natural Plant Growth Promoter
  • Contains non-plant food ingredients
  • 10% Kelp extract
That's it other than usage rates for hydro, soil, foliar, and cuttings. I suspect it may just be the kelp. But who knows? I can't get any answers. So I will have to determine that experimentally. Later. Right now, it works. 🤷

Sorry. If it's any consolation, I keep hearing they are going national under a different name. If I find out what it is, I'll pass it along and you can use it 'in the dark' just like me. ;)

Or if you happen to be in the area, I can give you directions to the store where I buy it. Then you could try it yourself.

I'm a bit miffed though, because I just ran out of Notrozyme, a gallon is $50, and I don't have that kind of money 'til Friday. They should be able to coast until then. They'll only miss it on one feed, I guess.

Aha! Perhaps we're on to something. I use Liquid Karma for that. Its only listed ingredient is Kelp Seaweed Extract. And Humic Acid from Leonardite, and Yucca extract are the only "non-plant food ingredients". I think you add those yourself.

If yours does what this is supposed to do - basically it greatly facilitates the uptake of all the other stuff. Its like adding Nitrous to gas. Won't work by itself, but is a great boost to other things.

Anyways - you might look in to it - if not for use, just to compare ingredients. I noticed you already use the PureBlend Pro - its in the same line of nutes.

We now have 8 clones fresh into soil that need a light feed. These are the clonelings. As mentioned, there are 7 G13xGB and one PS.

This now introduces clones into my designator insanity. So I'm trying out this format

<mother>.<gen><sis>

where <mother> is the 'named' mother, <gen> is the number of generations since the mother, and <sis> is a letter or combination of letters that differentiated this clone from her sibling clones.

So to make sense of that: I have a plant I have officially designated G13xGB. I took 15 cuttings from her. Of those, 7 have rooted and are in little pots. Going into the pots, I designated them G13xGB.1A through G13xGB.1G. If I took a clone of any of those, it would be G13xGB.2A, although the A could be any letter or letters, including real words and names.

When I find a significant plant, or plant some from seed, or get a new clone from another garden, that plant will be named (or renamed) with a new unique name, making it potentially a new named mother. OK, I know it's needlessly complex, but I think it caries enough plain data to make a plant's basic lineage clear enough. I'm going to try it for a while. If it becomes too much, I'll toss it. ;)

MTO3 and OC6 just went into flush. MTO2 is so sad because she has fallen all over herself and the wall. I don't know how much bud I'll really get out of her. But I learned my lesson. MTO3 and OC6 are better staked, and I have better plans yet for the rest of them. I need to get on that ASAP. Just like everything else.

The clones are doing good. I removed leaves that had saturated and were useless but refused to fall off. They were all leaves that touched the always-damp coco plug material. Really, they were goo at the ends and limp all the way to the stem from wicking water like mad. I see at least one G13xGB that looks like it has no growing tip, which is pretty much a death sentence afaik. Her leaf is still healthy though.

The rest of the clones look pretty good considering. The BDs are very frail but hanging in there. I looked under the tray for roots and saw 2 KK2, 5 G13xGB, 5 PS, and 4 BD that have solid roots out the bottom and are ready to go into medium. Maybe tomorrow night. I need to take more KK2 cuts as well and then prune her back. And stake the new bloomers. And so many other things.

For those of you enamored with SchB (Schnazzleberry), her clones have put no roots through the bottom but they are all still looking quite robust and healthy. Hope prevails for those 5.

I love it! :cheer:

Code:
--> G13xGB.1A-G, PS.1A (8 clonelings):

1. Feed to saturation
   Per gal:	
	 2  T  Bioactive
	 1  T  Yucca
   Natural @ 400 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.20 @ 20.8 C 
	1/2 t  Companion
Code:
--> G13xGB, KK2 (veg):

1. Feed to saturation
   Per gal:	
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz.Yucca
   Adjusted to 750 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.23 @ 20.9 C 
	1/2 t  Companion
Code:
--> MTO2, MTO3, OC6:

2 T Clearex per gallon

--> TBD1, PS, BD (bloom):

Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.38 @ 20.7 C
Code:
2. Feed TBD1: 1-1/2 gal.
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	3/4 t  Carbon sweet
	 2  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
      Adjust with Bioactive to 1375 ppm
      pH adjusted to  6.25 @ 20.4 C
	1/2 t  Companion

3. Feed PS, BD: 1 gal.
   Per gal:
	 1  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 1  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
      Adjust with water to 830 ppm
      pH adjusted to  6.24 @ 20.8 C
	1/2 t  Companion

The clonelings can ride right about 500 ppm until they really get going.

G13xGB is about to go into a 10 gallon pot and into bloom; just as soon as MTO2 comes out, which may be tomorrow.

KK2 is going to be cloned from and cut back very soon. Maybe tonight. Maybe.
Code:

1. Feed to saturation
   Per gal:	
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz.Yucca
   Adjusted to 500 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.26 @ 21.3 C 
	1/2 t  Companion

--> G13xGB, KK2 (veg):

1. Feed to saturation
   Per gal:	
	 2  t  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz.Yucca
   Adjusted to 750 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.26 @ 21.4 C 
	1/2 t  Companion
As just mentioned, MTO2 (68 days) is probably going to be harvested tomorrow evening (her morning). MTO3 and OC6 (both 68 of abt. 75 days) are flushing away.

TBD1, PS, and BD got 1/2 gal of bone meal preflush each.
Code:
--> MTO2, MTO3, OC6:

2 T Clearex per gallon

Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.39 @ 21.3 C
Then I gave TBD1 (day 37) her late bloom feed at 1300 ppm. I think she can stay here.

PS and BD (both day 8) got 850 ppm. They are doing well and taking the extra light and heavier nute load with vigor.
Code:
   Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	3/4 t  Carbon sweet
	 2  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
      Adjust with Bioactive to 1300 ppm
      pH adjusted to  6.22 @ 21.2 C
	1/2 t  Companion

Per gal:
	 1  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 1  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
      Adjust with water to 850 ppm
      pH adjusted to  6.20 @ 21.1 C
	1/2 t  Companion

I am potting a bunch of rooted clones. Looks like 8 BD (Blue Dream) rooted, though not enthusiastically in most cases. There will be about 15 total clones taking the step to a little 3.5" square pot tonight.

Right. The newly potted clones are BD.1A-H (8 Blue Dream), PS.1B-F (5 Purple Sage), and KK2.1A-B (2 Kaia Kush).

The third KK2 clone is dead, as are a PS, and probably the other 5 BD.

At least 6 of the remaining 8 G13xGB have rooted.

Both CryLo look healthy but no roots.

Good news though - 2 SchB (Schnazzleberry) have roots! One I will try to transplant tomorrow. Woot!

Pictures tomorrow night, I almost promise. ;)

Pictures of clones!

Here's the first 8 last night:

20100115Aber-00.jpg

Here's one of those up close, looking healthy:

20100115Aber-01.jpg

Here's the ones I did last night, all lined up when I finished:

20100115Aber-02.jpg

Getting back to them this evening, the new cutlings are a mixed bag. PS.1D looks terrible. I know she is wet. Just going to have to wait for her to dry and see if that makes a difference:

20100116Aber-00.jpg

PS.1E, right next to her, is looking pretty good, despite being only about 1" tall at her highest point. On tip-toes, even:

20100116Aber-01.jpg

PS.1C looks good too:

20100116Aber-02-PS_1C.jpg

In fact, all of the PS cuts look good:

20100116Aber-03.jpg

Unfortunately, most of the BD are dying I think. BD.1F & G look battered but OK, like this:

20100116Aber-04-BD-1F.jpg

Unfortunately, it looks like the growing tips died back on all the rest of the BD, something like this:

20100116Aber-05-BD_1C.jpg

Of course, the G13xGB cuttings are thriving. Look, clear new growth:

20100116Aber-06-G13xGB_1G.jpg

20100116Aber-07-G13xGB_1D.jpg

20100116Aber-08.jpg

Cool shot there at the end man! I love checkin out your photography. Clones are looking good for the most part! Your budder looks potent as hell! Can't wait to see some pics of your flowering girls... :peace:

@ Doctor Dread: I'll have bloom pics soon.

I decided to try the cannabutter today. I made two grilled cheese sandwiches with generous cannabutter. After 1 hour I felt a body high, and it is a little stronger after 2 hours, but not strong enough. So there are a number of reasons this might be:
  • I didn't make the cannabutter correctly
  • I didn't cook it long enough
  • I didn't use enough cannabutter making the sandwiches
  • I destroyed too much THC cooking the sandwiches
  • My lactose intolerance (and/or the lactaid pills I took) is interfering with my digestion of the THC somehow.
I'll have to experiment some more, but right now, I really need a doobie.

I was looking at BD, and near the top of some of the tops, I found little whitish ovals stuck to the side of the stem. I don't see them on the other plants. I razored a little patch of plant away so I could get a good look at it under the scope:

20100117Aber-01-goo.jpg

I tried to take a closeup through my scope, but that's a pretty dicey way to do it and the result is kinda wonky. It looks like a sausage of goo bent in half. The goo is almost entirely transparent. In this dodgy picture, I traced a red line so you can better make out the U shape it is bent into. The ends are gooed together:

20100117Aber-00-goo.jpg

Anyone have any idea what this is or what causes it? I worries me because I don't recognize it.

I'll keep it up with the older clonelings, but they younger ones are on a low ppm diet for a few.
Code:

1. Feed to saturation
   Per gal:	
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz.Yucca
   Natural @ 530 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.21 @ 21.4 C 
	1/2 t  Companion
	 1  t  Bt-i

--> BD.1A-H, PS.1B-F, KK2.1A-B (15 clonelings):

1. Feed to saturation
   Per gal:	
	 1  T  Bioactive
        1/2 oz.Yucca
   Natural @ 275 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.22 @ 21.2 C 
	1/2 t  Companion
	 1  t  Bt-i
These two just keep moving up.
Code:
--> G13xGB, KK2 (veg):

1. Feed to saturation
   Per gal:	
	 2  t  Pure Blend Pro Grow
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
        1/2 oz.Yucca
   Adjusted to 760 ppm
   pH adjusted to 6.26 @ 21.8 C 
	1/2 t  Companion
	 1  t  Bt-i
All the really big girls are in flush. I'm still waiting a bit on MTO2.
Code:
--> MTO2, MTO3, OC6:

2 T Clearex per gallon
   pH adjusted to 6.24 @ 21.5 C
The youngest 2 bloomers are catching up.
Code:

Per gal:
	 1  T  liquid bone meal
   pH adjusted to 6.35 @ 21.6 C

Per gal:
	 2  t  liquid bone meal
         1  T  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 2  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	3/4 t  Carbon sweet
	 2  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrozyme
      Adjust with Bioactive to 1315 ppm
      pH adjusted to  6.22 @ 21.5 C
	1/2 t  Companion
	 1  t  Bt-i
Code:
   Per gal:
	 1  t  liquid bone meal
         2  t  Calcium Syrup
	 2  t  Biggest Bloom
	 1  t  Soil Nute
	 2  t  PGE
	 1  t  Cal-Mag
	 2  t  Feather Tea
	1/2 t  Carbon sweet
	 1  oz Amino Blast
	 1  oz yucca
	 1  T  Notrozyme
      Adjust with water to 935 ppm
      pH adjusted to  6.23 @ 20.9 C
	1/2 t  Companion
	 1  t  Bt-i

check to see if you have thripes. When the shed their shells, they leave a skin that looks like what you discribed. But i cant be forsure. This is just an idea, thripes like to rest on your leafs or at the base of the fan leafs. Just a guess though on what it is..

Damn. I have responded 3 times here, and all three times it apparently failed.

I looked all over very carefully. I even pulled some leaves and looked with the scope. I see nothing but dead pests. I checked and Azatrol kills thrips too. Google azadirachtin (the active ingredient). It's brutal if you are a pest. So hopefully I'm just seeing remains.

Damn - this is all such good info. Its such a luxury to have the great pics and knowledge from both of you guys. So helpful to see the stuff in a real world situation, without having to actually get Thripes myself to learn a little.

Thanks both of you for sharing.

I was gonna ask A, but I'll throw it to anyone - what's the rule or guideline on oxygen, hydrogen peroxide, and organic nutes? I've done some reading and experimenting, but I'm not feeling comfortable with any conclusions yet. Gonna post a thread in the Nutes forum as well, but thought I'd ask.

Back
Top Bottom