Today is the last day I'll be taking pics of them in the tent.
I've got my peppers in the ground, and I'll have to look into setting up something to protect L OG x FAH from the rabbits, but otherwise we'll be outdoors tomorrow morning.

CBD Lemon auto-day 21

Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze-day 10

SLHx-day 10

No, not CBD. But, I did grow the other seed in 2021 and got 144 grams from her so I'm hoping for a decent yield again. Although, that said, Felonious will be growing her, Cindy, Gloria and Stella outside and I've told him, he's in charge. I'll take photos of them but I won't be reporting on them.
Will he start a journal for them?

I'll have to look into setting up something to protect L OG x FAH from the rabbits,
Like aphids and caterpillars aren't enough to worry about!

How do you keep the rabbits away, Mel?...:hmmmm:

Like aphids and caterpillars aren't enough to worry about!
No kidding!
How do you keep the rabbits away, Mel?...:hmmmm:
Well, I'm a pretty good archer...and rabbits are tasty... :D
Lol, I'm thinking a physical barrier like a vented dome.
This is actually the first year I've had to think about it. The adults are too big to squeeze through the fence, but we have a new gate that they can just pass right on through. It looks nice but is maybe a bit short on function.
I don't like the idea of a dome too much, but with all the air movement out there enough vents should prevent too much humidity from building up.
And it'll protect her a tiny bit from any late cold nights.

A realistic plastic Owl on a pole might throw a scare into the bunnies...
but you'd have to move it around periodically or the critters will get used to it..

Looking forward to some Elmer Fudd-type adventures! :)

Today is the last day I'll be taking pics of them in the tent.
I've got my peppers in the ground, and I'll have to look into setting up something to protect L OG x FAH from the rabbits, but otherwise we'll be outdoors tomorrow morning.

CBD Lemon auto-day 21

Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze-day 10

SLHx-day 10

Will he start a journal for them?
Sprinkle a few drops of fox urine around your property and you won’t see any more rabbits 🐇. Happy Growing my friend. CL🍀

Here they are outdoors!
I haven't put a dome on Lemon OG x FAH, but I do have her up on a table the rabbits can't reach.
She should be fine there until she gets big enough that I can stop worrying.
CBD Lemon auto is not happy with the change right now. We'll see if she perks up later. It could be mostly related to this usually being night for her.

CBD Lemon auto-day 22

Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze-day 11

SLHx-day 11

A realistic plastic Owl on a pole might throw a scare into the bunnies...
but you'd have to move it around periodically or the critters will get used to it..
Unfortunately they already are. One of my neighbour's has one from a few years ago when someone in our area was keeping racing pigeons.
One year a feral pigeon built a nest right beside it.
Looking forward to some Elmer Fudd-type adventures! :)
Did he ever use a bow?
A circle of chicken wire around the plant, 18-24 inches high, works for rabbits and packrats.
I may end up doing that when she goes in the ground.
It's wabbit season!
:laugh:
I think you could be setting yourself up for some nasty PM.
It worked well a few years back, but that is a consideration. I'm not sure if PM is as much of a hazard this early in the season here though.
Sprinkle a few drops of fox urine around your property and you won’t see any more rabbits 🐇. Happy Growing my friend. CL🍀
That might work, we have actual foxes in the area. There's a conservation area not far away.
Pretty sure they sell coyote urine too.
Forgot to mention that you can prolly pick some up @ any Sporting Goods store. CL🍀
Yep, same place I go for archery supplies. They had coyote urine in stock, but no fox urine.

Here they are outdoors!
I haven't put a dome on Lemon OG x FAH, but I do have her up on a table the rabbits can't reach.
CBD Lemon auto is not happy with the change right now. We'll see if she perks up later. It could be mostly related to this usually being night for her.

CBD Lemon auto-day 22

SLHx-day 11

Unfortunately they already are. One of my neighbour's has one from a few years ago when someone in our area was keeping racing pigeons.

Did he ever use a bow?

It worked well a few years back, but that is a consideration. I'm not sure if PM is as much of a hazard this early in the season here though.

That might work, we have actual foxes in the area. There's a conservation area not far away.

Yep, same place I go for archery supplies. They had coyote urine in stock, but no fox urine.
That will definitely scare them Silly Wabbits. lol CL🍀

Great move Mel :high-five:

Quadline? or whats on the menu?
:popcorn:

hope the weather is on your side for the next couple weeks, we dropped 10 degress over the weekend... still no rain here.
I'm thinking of octolining SLHx, and maybe Lemon OG x FAH if she picks up the pace now that she's under the sun.
Otherwise I'll just top her once and spread her branches a bit.

Here they are outdoors!

CBD Lemon auto-day 22

SLHx-day 11

Did he ever use a bow?

Hey Mel I was curious if you’re going to start using Dani’s Willow Tea? CL🍀

I also just saw this. One reason I think it might be a good addition to willow leaf tea is when foliar sprayed it's supposed to stimulate bacteria living on the leaves to start producing chitinase, which is an enzyme that breaks down chitin in the exoskeletons of insects and the cell walls of fungi, in addition to stimulating the plant's immune system as though it's under attack by insects.

I also just saw this. One reason I think it might be a good addition to willow leaf tea is when foliar sprayed it's supposed to stimulate bacteria living on the leaves to start producing chitinase, which is an enzyme that breaks down chitin in the exoskeletons of insects and the cell walls of fungi, in addition to stimulating the plant's immune system as though it's under attack by insects.
Now we talking. Awesome experiment, looking forward to it Mel.

Back
Top Bottom