Not much to say today.

Airmid- day 78

Leona- day 67

Desdemona- day 57

Fay Wray- day 16

Congrats on the partial harvest Mel.
Thanks Carmen!
Definitely interested in any path you take with those genetics. That Dark devil looks really something else, and that purple is pure genetics nothing to do with cold weather or fall…

congrats 👏🏻 on the Harvest and cheers for the many more to come.
Thanks Dani!
The Blackberry auto was the same way. Indoor fall/winter grow, no low temps, and dark purple top to bottom.
I wish I had thought to take a pic.
I might have to wait until I have the PS crossed to the DD to try anything with Blackberry though. Not too many places with seeds, and none seem to have regs. Gets a bit easier if I'm willing to go with Blackberry Kush, but still no regs.

Not much to say today.

Airmid- day 78

Leona- day 67

Desdemona- day 57

Fay Wray- day 16

Thanks Carmen!

Thanks Dani!
The Blackberry auto was the same way. Indoor fall/winter grow, no low temps, and dark purple top to bottom.
I wish I had thought to take a pic.
I might have to wait until I have the PS crossed to the DD to try anything with Blackberry though. Not too many places with seeds, and none seem to have regs. Gets a bit easier if I'm willing to go with Blackberry Kush, but still no regs.
I love seeing your garden.

Airmid- day 79
She's continuing to pull from her remaining fan leaves, but it has slowed down a bit. She's working on the buds she has rather than building new ones, so the remaining white stigmas are almost gone. The leaves of the lower buds are also getting more light now, so I'm expecting development of the buds to pick up the pace a bit.

Leona- day 68
I trimmed a bit of the lower growth, including the branches from the first node. As she's shifting to flower I'd like all her energy to go to the branches that have a chance of producing. They were being shaded by the upper growth anyway.

Desdemona- day 58
Just put some nutes down the fill pipe.

Fay Wray- day 17
Digging in to her new home. I'm really liking the new soil. It's giving her leaves a great colour, and actually holds the water I'm pouring in.
I'm thinking I'll just buy a couple of bags of it every year and mix it and some perlite into the old soil. Maybe add some sort of buffer in there too.

I love seeing your garden.
Thanks Keith!
You said plenty with those pics Melville! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB!
Nice magic trick where you separate the top and bottom half of the CBDLa! When's the reveal where you put them back together? :hmmmm:
Knew I was forgetting something...
Congrats on the chop and the rest of the plants...it's a wise man who lets his grow speak for itself! :)
Thanks Shed!
Maybe I shouldn't have been so talkative today :laugh:
Oh, and nice cardboard topper. :welldone:
It's keeping the squirrels out...for now.

Lol! I've been on here 3 times since I took pics to update the journal and I got sidetracked each time!

Airmid- day 80
Buds are fattening now that they're getting more light.

Leona- day 69
I seem to have caught up to her nutrient requirements just in time for them to go up going into flower.

Desdemona- day 59
Buds are really loose. Not as much as some pics I've seen that look like vines, but I'm not expecting much density. I'll try to remember to take a few pics when the shade has moved in this afternoon.

Fay Wray- day 18
Has slowed down a bit. I'm thinking she's just working on her roots now that she has more space to stretch out into.

Beautiful grow, Mel!
Thanks Emeraldo!

Lol! I've been on here 3 times since I took pics to update the journal and I got sidetracked each time!

Airmid- day 80
Buds are fattening now that they're getting more light.

Leona- day 69
I seem to have caught up to her nutrient requirements just in time for them to go up going into flower.

Desdemona- day 59
Buds are really loose. Not as much as some pics I've seen that look like vines, but I'm not expecting much density. I'll try to remember to take a few pics when the shade has moved in this afternoon.

Fay Wray- day 18
Has slowed down a bit. I'm thinking she's just working on her roots now that she has more space to stretch out into.

Thanks Emeraldo!
Wow you have a beautiful garden I love seeing it.

Might be getting some storms this afternoon/evening. Possibly hail.
It's nice out there for now though.

Airmid- day 81
A few pink stigmas left, but no white ones. Soon she'll be hitting the final swell.

Leona- day 70
I've set up the frame, and before any active weather hits I'll be adding some bamboo supports to the corners. She's low enough that I'm not too worried about her tipping over, but I'd like to have all this stuff ready for flowering.

Desdemona- day 60
I'm not really sure how purple she's going to get, it seems to be slowing down.

Fay Wray- day 19
She doesn't like the heat. She's got a little bit of cupping going on.

Wow you have a beautiful garden I love seeing it.
Thanks Keith!

Any special prep required for hail Melville?

BTW, plants looking superb! :Rasta:

Any special prep required for hail Melville?

BTW, plants looking superb! :Rasta:
Thanks GDB!
Not really. The best plan is to keep them out of it.
That being said, I've had plants out there through hail before. There was some minor leaf damage a couple of times, and one bent stem in flower that couldn't straighten up on its own due to the weight of the buds.
I'll be moving the smaller pots close to the house on the lee side, so they should have some shelter. The SIPish planter is fully saturated right now, so Desdemona will be on her own.
They've updated the risk assessment too. It's highest near the shores of Lake Huron and Georgian bay. They're saying as it approaches Lake Ontario it'll get weaker, so we're unlikely to get any tornados here.
I'm not sure how passing over Lake Erie and Lake Ontario will affect the storms so @KeithLemon and anyone around him, keep an eye on your weather reports. The hail close to Georgian bay is predicted to get up to 2cm in diameter.

Thanks GDB!
Not really. The best plan is to keep them out of it.
That being said, I've had plants out there through hail before. There was some minor leaf damage a couple of times, and one bent stem in flower that couldn't straighten up on its own due to the weight of the buds.
I'll be moving the smaller pots close to the house on the lee side, so they should have some shelter. The SIPish planter is fully saturated right now, so Desdemona will be on her own.
They've updated the risk assessment too. It's highest near the shores of Lake Huron and Georgian bay. They're saying as it approaches Lake Ontario it'll get weaker, so we're unlikely to get any tornados here.
I'm not sure how passing over Lake Erie and Lake Ontario will affect the storms so @KeithLemon and anyone around him, keep an eye on your weather reports. The hail close to Georgian bay is predicted to get up to 2cm in diameter.
WoW we are supposed to have thunderstorms all throughout the day tomorrow. I will have to keep my eyes out for the storms. Hopefully it will just be rain and no hail. Hail is something I have never delt with. Thanks for the heads up, Mel.

It's back🤬
20230721_085113.jpg

And he looks like he's reading the menu!!!:oops:

WoW we are supposed to have thunderstorms all throughout the day tomorrow. I will have to keep my eyes out for the storms. Hopefully it will just be rain and no hail. Hail is something I have never delt with. Thanks for the heads up, Mel.
It wasn't too bad here. It mostly went south of us, just a bunch of rain. Hopefully that's the most you'll see.
And he looks like he's reading the menu!!!:oops:
I reserve the right to deny service. No rodents allowed!
Shoot him in the ass with a beebee gun. :passitleft:wont kill him
Don't have one of those.
Luckily he's still not going for any of the plants in pots.

No damage to report. Everyone weathered the storm. Luckily we didn't get any hail here.

Airmid- day 82
Still going.

Leona- day 71
Still stretching.

Desdemona- day 61
Still purpling.

Fay Wray- day 20
Finally! Something new!
Unfortunately it's that she's putting out preflowers. I was hoping she'd be a bit bigger before she started to flower.

Airmid- day 83
Almost done.

Leona- day 72
The stretch continues.

Desdemona- day 62
I feel like there's a nutrient that purple plants require in late flower to keep their foliage healthy as it changes colours, and that it's either low or absent in MC.
I'm going to see what I can find, but if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them.

Fay Wray- day 21
She has that flowering look to her meristem.

He stays out of my pots he has nothing to worry about.
Except coyotes.
Welsh Rarebit is back on the menu boys. lol CL🍀 Great looking garden btw. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks Cap!

Back
Top Bottom