The sun is back!

Airmid- day 41
Today I noticed a bit of a nice aroma as I approached the plants. Airmid has already started to smell. Given how early we are in flower I'm starting to wonder what's going to happen closer to harvest.

Leona- day 30
She's got a bit of damage to one of her lower nodes, so I'll be hitting her with some neem this evening.
There's also something up with her fans on the fourth node. A couple of misshapen patches. I'm not sure what it is, but they're still green and growing, so I'll keep an eye on them. They'll fall off eventually.

Desdemona- day 20
I've had to refill the res once so far. I'm not sure if her roots are all the way down there yet.

Maeve- day 20
I still like the shape of her leaves the best.

While I am happy to see Airmid flowering in time to get the best sun, and expect the Devil twins to do so as well soon, I'm not really sold on growing more than one or two autos outdoors right now.
I'm thinking from here on out I'll grow my shorter flowering plants and one or two autos outdoors, and my longer flowering strains indoors.
That may change as the summer progresses.

Nipped out between rain showers to get these.

Airmid- day 42
She's liking the bump in feed.

Leona- day 31
Nothing of note here.

Desdemona- day 21
I'm wondering if I should rig up some kind of cover to keep out the rain. I think I'll leave it for now, and if Maeve starts to outgrow her I'll set something up. Maybe a layer of pand film topped with mulch, or another bag of river stones.

Maeve- day 21
The light and wet leaves make an interesting effect on that first shot.
She seems to be happy in the ground.

:circle-of-love:
As healthy as can be Mel. The CBD branches really uniform and she’s fast.
Thanks Dani!
She really did pick up the pace!
Looking great MH:passitleft:
Thanks Gaines!

Another rainy day. Hope we don't have a repeat of the summer of '21.

Airmid- day 43
She seems to be done stretching, and her scent is getting stronger.

Leona- day 32
Side branches are coming in nicely. Time to decide just how intensive her training is going to be.

Desdemona- day 22
I haven't made a cover yet. I might not, depending on how she does in the next week or so.

Maeve- day 22
Growing.

Looking real nice.
Thanks Keith!
Hi el Beardo:)

Keeping them pretty I see.

😊😊😊
Thanks Tra!
I'm hoping to keep these ones happy and healthy!

Nipped out between rain showers to get these.

Airmid- day 42
She's liking the bump in feed.

Leona- day 31
Nothing of note here.

Desdemona- day 21
I'm wondering if I should rig up some kind of cover to keep out the rain. I think I'll leave it for now, and if Maeve starts to outgrow her I'll set something up. Maybe a layer of pand film topped with mulch, or another bag of river stones.

Maeve- day 21
The light and wet leaves make an interesting effect on that first shot.
She seems to be happy in the ground.

Thanks Dani!
She really did pick up the pace!

Thanks Gaines!
Damn Mel every time I drop in on you I can’t believe the amount of growth that you get outdoors. CL🍀 :thumb: :bravo::welldone::adore:

Not too much going on today. I'm going to have to wait until the pots dry out to do any feeding.

Airmid- day 44
She's doing fine. Her stigmas are starting to turn pink.

Leona- day 33
I'll be grabbing some new bamboo skewers soon and I'll spread her branches a bit. Not sure how far I'm going to go with it. I might try for a more level canopy. She seems to have enough of a sativa phenotype that she'll stretch hard when she gets a chance.

Desdemona- day 23
She has a stigma showing. I can't get a clear pic of it though, it's tiny.

Maeve- day 23
Trotting right along.

Damn Mel every time I drop in on you I can’t believe the amount of growth that you get outdoors. CL🍀 :thumb: :bravo::welldone::adore:
Thanks Cap!
I'll be going back to my standard method next year. I don't like starting outdoors so small. I worry too much.
:slide:Moving pretty smooth Mel. SLH 🔥
Thanks Dani!

Not too much going on today. I'm going to have to wait until the pots dry out to do any feeding.

Airmid- day 44
She's doing fine. Her stigmas are starting to turn pink.

Leona- day 33
I'll be grabbing some new bamboo skewers soon and I'll spread her branches a bit. Not sure how far I'm going to go with it. I might try for a more level canopy. She seems to have enough of a sativa phenotype that she'll stretch hard when she gets a chance.

Desdemona- day 23
She has a stigma showing. I can't get a clear pic of it though, it's tiny.

Maeve- day 23
Trotting right along.

Thanks Cap!
I'll be going back to my standard method next year. I don't like starting outdoors so small. I worry too much.

Thanks Dani!
Don’t we all worry about everything when it comes to our kids? lol CL🍀

I thought I was crazy again this season I swear I seen a bract/calyx forming on 2 phenos here it’s too early for that. But hey who am I to complain lol

I can see a great pheno coming up there SLHx I hope you like Sativas 🤘🏻
You know I love 💕 them, and you have the prettiest Durban that I’ve seen in a minute. CL🍀

Don’t we all worry about everything when it comes to our kids? lol CL🍀
Lol, guess so! I don't have any (that I know of) so I guess the plants are a stand in!
Lovely sunshine pics Mel! Hope the weather stays clear for a while and lets them dry out and grow up. ☀️
Thanks Shed!
They say the rain will clear up by Friday, but they were predicting stuff like that all through the summer of '21 and it didn't work out that way!
I thought I was crazy again this season I swear I seen a bract/calyx forming on 2 phenos here it’s too early for that. But hey who am I to complain lol

I can see a great pheno coming up there SLHx I hope you like Sativas 🤘🏻
Well, Desdemona is an auto, so stigmas at 23 days old isn't really too surprising.
I like most weed, so long as it doesn't cause my heart to race, or smell like dog shit or cat piss, lol!
Last time I grew this strain it was a good, relaxed euphoria. The kind of weed where you can go for a hike or take a nap.
Which brings up the subject of where it comes from!
Seedsman are coming back as sponsors, so here are the strain details!
Lemonchello Haze
Breeder: Seedsman
Feminised photoperiod
Mostly sativa
(Super Lemon Haze x Amnesia) x UK Cheese
THC: 15-20%
CBD: <1%
Flowering: 65 days
Effects: Euphoric
Taste: Lemon
When I bought the seeds a couple of years ago it specified Soma's Amnesia as part of the cross, but as far as I can tell from his site he sells Amnesia Haze, not the original Amnesia.
You know I love 💕 them, and you have the prettiest Durban that I’ve seen in a minute. CL🍀
He does!
Much love Captain.
:green_heart:
:)

Airmid- day 41
Today I noticed a bit of a nice aroma as I approached the plants. Airmid has already started to smell. Given how early we are in flower I'm starting to wonder what's going to happen closer to harvest.

The one you're referring to as "Airmd" is actually a CBD Lemon Auto? And that's the one from Herbie's Head Shop? If so, that's great for me, because I've got a couple seeds. I'm hoping it might help with a few issues. Plus, I like lemon scent/flavor, if it smells/tastes like real lemon instead of some kind of sugary candy or furniture polish (otherwise, I can still tolerate it, lol).

There don't seem to be many grows shown "on the Internet." I've read that it tends to get around three feet tall. And that it might go more like 82 to 85 days instead of the 70-75 day breeder's estimate (but that kind of thing seems to be par for the course with cannabis varieties :rolleyes: ). Also that it might be a low-yielder. I made some notes (got several strains, but only one seed of most of them), but the only thing I seem to have in regard to its genetics is "Lemon Kush (Auto?) x CBD (Auto?)." I wish I had something more specific.

In one grow journal I looked at, the gardener stated he observed a leaf mutation (the bicolor one, the name of which escapes me as it's well past my bedtime), and (if memory isn't faulty) speculated that it might have been the cause for his low yield. Another grower, in some thread or other that Google found, seemed to be happy with CBD Lemon Auto - but only ended up with a small amount of dried bud (<10 grams, IIRC), and that didn't look like it was especially well trimmed. I'm trying to decide what media to use, and what size container to put it in. I think those two people might have used five gallons of soil, but I'm not sure. And I've no idea if the roots filled it, overfilled it, or failed to fill it. So that doesn't really help me decide. I might end up putting three gallons of Fox Farm Happy Frog into a "plastic sack" style grow bag "pot" and mixing some Grow Dots into the soil. Then just giving it water with occasional Epsom salt unless/until it looks like it needs something during its flowering phase. I don't really have much experience with autoflowers (ironically, all of my recent seeds are AF type). And I no longer have a pH meter, so hydroponic methods are out, unfortunately. Otherwise I might do a hempy, handwatered coco, or small (five-gallon) DWC. But it's been a long time since I felt up to "winging it," and I don't know my source water, other than that its high pH with a lot of Ca in it.

Just rambling. Your plants look healthy :thumb: .

The one you're referring to as "Airmd" is actually a CBD Lemon Auto? And that's the one from Herbie's Head Shop? If so, that's great for me, because I've got a couple seeds. I'm hoping it might help with a few issues. Plus, I like lemon scent/flavor, if it smells/tastes like real lemon instead of some kind of sugary candy or furniture polish (otherwise, I can still tolerate it, lol).
Yep, that's the one. I got a couple seeds as freebies.
I'm a fan of the lemony flavoured strains as well. One of the things I like about Lemonchello Haze is it tastes the way lemon peels smell.
There don't seem to be many grows shown "on the Internet." I've read that it tends to get around three feet tall. And that it might go more like 82 to 85 days instead of the 70-75 day breeder's estimate (but that kind of thing seems to be par for the course with cannabis varieties :rolleyes: ). Also that it might be a low-yielder. I made some notes (got several strains, but only one seed of most of them), but the only thing I seem to have in regard to its genetics is "Lemon Kush (Auto?) x CBD (Auto?)." I wish I had something more specific.
I only found a couple of journals featuring it as well. They had mutations, mostly leaf shapes, and lower yields. Thankfully she grew out of her early leaf mutations, and I haven't noticed any more other than a lopsided set of branches from the first node. Without the pot I'd say she's about 75cm tall (2 1\2 feetish?), but I can grab a tape measure when I go out to get pics this morning.
The lineage you have in your notes is the only one given for the strain, and is what I found on Herbie's site, so I can't help you get anything more specific than that, sorry.

In one grow journal I looked at, the gardener stated he observed a leaf mutation (the bicolor one, the name of which escapes me as it's well past my bedtime), and (if memory isn't faulty) speculated that it might have been the cause for his low yield. Another grower, in some thread or other that Google found, seemed to be happy with CBD Lemon Auto - but only ended up with a small amount of dried bud (<10 grams, IIRC), and that didn't look like it was especially well trimmed. I'm trying to decide what media to use, and what size container to put it in. I think those two people might have used five gallons of soil, but I'm not sure. And I've no idea if the roots filled it, overfilled it, or failed to fill it. So that doesn't really help me decide. I might end up putting three gallons of Fox Farm Happy Frog into a "plastic sack" style grow bag "pot" and mixing some Grow Dots into the soil. Then just giving it water with occasional Epsom salt unless/until it looks like it needs something during its flowering phase. I don't really have much experience with autoflowers (ironically, all of my recent seeds are AF type). And I no longer have a pH meter, so hydroponic methods are out, unfortunately. Otherwise I might do a hempy, handwatered coco, or small (five-gallon) DWC. But it's been a long time since I felt up to "winging it," and I don't know my source water, other than that its high pH with a lot of Ca in it.
I think it's just a low yielding strain. I have a few seeds of medium THC, high CBD strains, so if the bud from this one turns out to be good I'll be growing some of them going forward.
I've got her in a 5 gallon fabric pot of Promix Organic Moisture mix, and I'm using MC for nutrients. I've never routinely adjusted pH, and I don't check unless there's a problem, in which case it's always been 6.2 or 6.3.
Grow dots look like they work well for the growers I've seen who used them, but they're not sold up here as far as I can remember:hmmmm:
This is the second auto I've grown so far, and 3 and 4 are in the garden with her, lol!
Just rambling. Your plants look healthy :thumb: .
Thanks, and welcome to my journal!

Whoops! Almost missed this...
Sweet!! Looking great!!
Thanks Val!

Alternating sun and clouds, with the rain moving in for the afternoon.

Airmid- day 45
She's 29 inches tall, and should put on a little more height as she builds her main bud. Her scent is a slightly sweet musk right now, very recognizable as weed.

Leona- day 34
Has some big fan leaves.

Desdemona- day 24
Has stigmas on her top two nodes now, but they're still pre-flower size, not full size. She also has a more open structure than her sister.

Maeve- day 24
Working on her next node. I can't see any sign of flowers.

Back
Top Bottom