Okay, time to step back and assess the situation.
I have managed to come right back around to my original plan of 3 autos, and one photo.
However the plan to grow the photoperiod plant in the ground is shot.
Out of the strains I originally planned, the CBD Lemon auto and the Dark Devil are here, but the others aren't.
And the CBD Lemon auto looks like Charlie Brown's Christmas tree, lol!

Airmid - day 36
Doing fine, if a bit spindly.

Leona - day 25
I'm going to top her soon, but I'll just be spreading her a bit. No octolining or extensive training this time.

Desdemona - day 15
Not much to say, so far.
The res hasn't run dry yet, but the soil is nicely moist a cm or two down. Nothing left to do but watch.

Dark Devil auto 2 - day 15
Here she is, in the ground. I don't think her foster mom kept up on the feeding, although she's not as pale in real life as she looks here. It's kind of overcast here, so the lighting isn't the best. She's surrounded by rich loose soil, so she should perk up soon.

Damn, sorry Mel!
Thanks Carmen.
Sweet Jesus! Gentle hands bruv!

Mental note: if el Beardo becomes a father explain with pictures how to safely tuck your child into bed.

As my grandma used to say “it’s all fun and games till you completely decapitate your kid coz you’ve gone too tight on the tuck...”
Lol, thanks Tra!
I'll keep that in mind!
Another strain for the redemption grow, huh?

So the redemption list so far is Romulan, Northern Lights, Do si dos, Do si dos #33, Zkittlez, and Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze.

Good morning el Beardo.

Hey those rocks. Did you buy them or are they naturally found there? Both my son and oldest grandson love rocks.
If I remember correctly they were bought from the dollar store about 30 years ago when I was trying to carve runestones. I was thinking of going to get some more to completely cover the burlap, but trying to pretty up that huge tote is a bit of a lost cause, lol.

If you top that “Charlie Brown” plant it will bush out real fast. Nice looking grow you’ve got going.
Thanks Phyto!
She's an auto, and has started flowering, so I don't think that'll work this time.
I usually top and spread out my plants, but I don't have enough experience with autos to know how or when to train them.

Thanks Phyto!
She's an auto, and has started flowering, so I don't think that'll work this time.
I usually top and spread out my plants, but I don't have enough experience with autos to know how or when to train them.
If it’s in flower then you’re correct, leave it alone.

Thanks Phyto!
Mel, you may be familiar already, @BooWho2 tops when she sees flower. That is her time to top her autos and her results are outstanding.

Mel, you may be familiar already, @BooWho2 tops when she sees flower. That is her time to top her autos and her results are outstanding.
Yes, I've seen that she does that.
I think she tops them when she first sees stigmas?
Airmid is a little past that point, and has started working on her apical bud.
I'm not against trying out her technique, I'd just like a bit more experience with autos before I do.

I'm going to have to shift angles to take pics of Airmid going forward. The delphiniums in the background are a little confusing.

Airmid - day 37

Leona - day 26

Desdemona - day 16

Maeve - day 16

Those damned delphiniums!

Meet the new DDA, same as the old DDA. :)

Did I read it correctly that you are down to one photoperiod outside this summer?
Yeah, Leona the SLHx is now the only photoperiod. She's in a 7 gallon pot now.
Last time I grew this strain it yielded well, I just lost half of it to mould.
I looked at grow journals for Airmid's strain and if she takes as long in flower for me as she has for others I should have time to run another auto this summer after she's done.
I've been distracted recently and it's impacting my growing.

The air had an orange tinge to it this morning. Looked more like an Autumn afternoon. We can also smell the wood smoke in the air. Not a good day to be outdoors.

Airmid - day 38
She's moving right along. Nothing much to note. I'll be upping her dose of MC soon.

Leona - day 27
Topped her this morning. I'm still debating taking the first node off.

Desdemona - day 17
Slightly funky leaves, and she leans a little more sativa than her sister in phenotype.

Maeve - day 17
She seems happy in the ground. She's regained a fully green colour, and is popping out a new node.

Hey Mel hope it's not too late to join in the fun! Glad to see your seedlings took off in the warmer weather! Hoping to learn something about autos by watching. That SLHx "Leona" is stunningly beautiful! At what node did you top?

Hey Mel hope it's not too late to join in the fun! Glad to see your seedlings took off in the warmer weather! Hoping to learn something about autos by watching. That SLHx "Leona" is stunningly beautiful! At what node did you top?
Thanks Emeraldo!
I topped her just above the 5th node. I've pretty much decided not to octoline her, but in case I change my mind later I decided to keep the option open for now.

Looking stellar Mel

They seem to have grind into rhythm and now growing relatively faster from my pov. SLHx is looking 🔥 already and the CBD pheno such an interesting stretch on that 2-3 node. I always wonder what and why some nose just fly up like that.

They look happy 😊
Thanks Dani!
I don't really know why she did that either. Maybe a mix of shifting into flower and a bit of shade avoidance?
She was getting about an hour of dappled shade around noon from a blueberry bush, so that might have had some effect.

Healthy and happy under the sunshine. Like that color pics, feel the magic of nature :high-five:

Overcast today, but less haze in the air, and I can't smell the smoke. Looks like rain tonight as well. That'll be welcome.

Airmid- day 39
It's interesting that those two shriveled leaflets are the shorter mutant ones.

Leona- day 28
Not much to report. She's starting to work on those side branches.

Desdemona- day 18
Still fairly slow, but definitely growing.

Maeve- day 18
I really like the shape of her leaves, and her next node is coming in nicely.

Healthy and happy under the sunshine. Like that color pics, feel the magic of nature :high-five:
Thanks Val!

Back
Top Bottom