If they flower early and don't grow side branching, they qualify as spogs®:
full

Truth be told all my DDAs eventually end up with side branching so they never joined the club.
Every Auto that I ever attempted to grow was a Spog, so I’m a member of the no grow auto club. lol CL🍀

Another sunny day today. This season is starting out like last year.

CBD Lemon auto-day 31
Still no stigmas, and she's still putting out leaves. My only complaint is her lack of branches.

Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze-day 20
This is the smallest 20 day old plant I've ever grown, lol!
At least she looks healthy.

SLHx-day 20
Looking good, nice growth so far. I may end up going with LST for her rather than topping. Or maybe weights.

Dark Devil auto-day 10
Seems to like her new home.

I'm looking forward to seeing that DDA turn out to be a stunner in that SIP!
Thanks Shed!
I hope so! She honestly looks a wee bit ridiculous right now, tiny plant in a huge pot!
Every Auto that I ever attempted to grow was a Spog, so I’m a member of the no grow auto club. lol CL🍀
I've only grown one before, and she stretched a lot, but otherwise did pretty well. That was indoors though. With the unpredictable weather going into Autumn here I'm hoping I can figure out a good method of growing them outdoors, and just avoid as much of it as I can.
Stick with photoperiod plants indoors.

Despite getting up to 30⁰C yesterday they're doing well.
I'll need to transplant Tina (Lemon OG x Fire Alien Haze) soon judging by how fast she's drinking, and Airmid (CBD Lemon auto) has a leaf issue. It's not progressing, so I'm not worried, but I'm keeping an eye on it.
It's already 29⁰C, so we'll see how today goes.

Airmid - day 32

Tina - day 21

Leona - day 21

Desdemona - day 11

:)
Looking good el Beardo!
Thanks Tra!

It's a hot one today, 31⁰C.

Airmid - day 33
She has the meristem of a plant transitioning to flower, and a stigma showing just under the top node (I tried to get a clear pic, but it just wasn't happening today).

Tina - day 22
Still moving slowly along. I think I'll be transplanting her this afternoon, and surrounding her with diatomaceous earth. Maybe a spritz of neem as well.

Leona - day 22
Transplanted her into a 7 gallon/26 litre fabric pot yesterday.

Desdemona - day 12
She hasn't missed a step since the transplant, and seems to be taking everything in stride.

Splendid looking girls you have Mel.

31 celsius plants love it, humans not so much; Is it a dry spell out east too? no rain what so ever happing here, like fire season seems to be the norm this year.

:hmmmm:
Thanks Dani!
We had a light bit of rain a week or two ago, but nothing since. It's starting to feel a bit like last year where we had hardly any until Autumn.
I'm not complaining though. Year before last we got hammered with storms and rainy days right through the summer here. Lost a lot of the crop to mould.

Thanks Dani!
We had a light bit of rain a week or two ago, but nothing since. It's starting to feel a bit like last year where we had hardly any until Autumn.
I'm not complaining though. Year before last we got hammered with storms and rainy days right through the summer here. Lost a lot of the crop to mould.

Yeah I feel you, when it rains a lot, too much mold... when its dry as F. its fire season... wish we could just have a in between lol. Its good to be dry now less diseases.
If I could I would totally trade a wet spring/summer for a dry Fall. :slide:

Yeah I feel you, when it rains a lot, too much mold... when its dry as F. its fire season... wish we could just have a in between lol. Its good to be dry now less diseases.
If I could I would totally trade a wet spring/summer for a dry Fall. :slide:
Same here!
Nice transplant and good to stay ahead of the bugs! And that's some crazy node spacing on CBDLa1 between 3 and 4. :eek:
Thanks Shed!
Yeah, I'm not really sure why that happened. It's almost like she started her flowering stretch when I moved her outside, and then paused it until now.
I'm thinking some autos are a lot more sensitive to light than others.

It's a hot one today, 31⁰C.

Airmid - day 33
She has the meristem of a plant transitioning to flower, and a stigma showing just under the top node (I tried to get a clear pic, but it just wasn't happening today).

Tina - day 22
Still moving slowly along. I think I'll be transplanting her this afternoon, and surrounding her with diatomaceous earth. Maybe a spritz of neem as well.

Leona - day 22
Transplanted her into a 7 gallon/26 litre fabric pot yesterday.

Desdemona - day 12
She hasn't missed a step since the transplant, and seems to be taking everything in stride.

Looking good Mel!
I like the burlap covering the DDA soil - is that a SIP pot?

Looking good Mel!
I like the burlap covering the DDA soil - is that a SIP pot?
Thanks GB!
Yes, it's my SIP/SWICK hybrid build. I didn't have anything to put in as a res, so I put in a layer of perlite with a column of soil in the centre.
The central column is contained in a cotton bag which is open at the top connecting to the main body of soil, and there's another layer of burlap keeping the soil from infiltrating the perlite.
I'll be modifying it next spring into an actual SIP using a 5 gallon plastic pot which came holding a laurel bush which is going in a corner of the yard.
The burlap on top keeps the squirrels from digging in there, and the river rocks are to keep it from being blown away.
I've nearly lost plants in the past from them knocking them over or digging them up looking for nuts in places that didn't exist last fall.

Thanks GB!
Yes, it's my SIP/SWICK hybrid build. I didn't have anything to put in as a res, so I put in a layer of perlite with a column of soil in the centre.
The central column is contained in a cotton bag which is open at the top connecting to the main body of soil, and there's another layer of burlap keeping the soil from infiltrating the perlite.
I'll be modifying it next spring into an actual SIP using a 5 gallon plastic pot which came holding a laurel bush which is going in a corner of the yard.
The burlap on top keeps the squirrels from digging in there, and the river rocks are to keep it from being blown away.
I've nearly lost plants in the past from them knocking them over or digging them up looking for nuts in places that didn't exist last fall.
You gotta stop getting those squirrels high Mel, digging for imaginary nuts 🥜? Lmao 😂 CL🍀

I haven't transplanted Tina yet. The fencepost right behind the spot I'm going to put her is rotten at the bottom.
We'll be replacing it this week.

Airmid - day 34
I managed to get a pic of the stigmas today. Looking back at the pics it looks like she went through two preflower stretches leading to the extra long internode.

Tina - day 23
Still slow, but still growing. Hopefully she'll take off when she gets some more room for her roots.

Leona - day 23
I'm modifying the carhook design for her. I'll be topping her as soon as I have the right number of nodes.

Desdemona - day 13
Slightly twisty leaves, but she's picked up the pace a bit. Otherwise not much to say yet.

You gotta stop getting those squirrels high Mel, digging for imaginary nuts 🥜? Lmao 😂 CL🍀
People think squirrels remember where they bury things.
Considering how many times I've seen them digging in pots that weren't there before, or spots that were only recently uncovered I'm calling bullshit.
I think they see a spot that their instinct says is a good place to dig, and they do.
If there's something there it's because that same instinct is how they pick spots to bury things.

People think squirrels remember where they bury things.
Considering how many times I've seen them digging in pots that weren't there before, or spots that were only recently uncovered I'm calling bullshit.
I think they see a spot that their instinct says is a good place to dig, and they do.
If there's something there it's because that same instinct is how they pick spots to bury things.
Made me lol!

IMG_7107.jpeg

Wind seems to have calmed down a bit. Just a good breeze now. That's a welcome change from yesterday.

Airmid - day 35
No real change from yesterday.

Tina - day 24
Continuing work on her next set of leaves.
She needed that support yesterday, but I'm loosening it today.

Leona - day 24
I'm really pleased with her progress so far.

Desdemona - day 14
She's still picking up the pace. No problems so far.

Made me lol!

IMG_7107.jpeg
:laugh:

Tina is dead.
I transplanted her to the garden, and as I firmed in the soil surrounding her I heard a snap. Next thing I saw was Tina flop down on her side with her root system broken clean off.
I retrieved Dark Devil 2 from her foster mom, and immediately proved I wasn't thinking clearly yet by transplanting her.
I felt the soil at the bottom of her root ball give way as I did so, meaning either I managed to break off half her root system, or I messed them up a bit.
The next few hours should show which.

Tina is dead.
I transplanted her to the garden, and as I firmed in the soil surrounding her I heard a snap. Next thing I saw was Tina flop down on her side with her root system broken clean off.
I retrieved Dark Devil 2 from her foster mom, and immediately proved I wasn't thinking clearly yet by transplanting her.
I felt the soil at the bottom of her root ball give way as I did so, meaning either I managed to break off half her root system, or I messed them up a bit.
The next few hours should show which.
Sweet Jesus! Gentle hands bruv!

Mental note: if el Beardo becomes a father explain with pictures how to safely tuck your child into bed.

As my grandma used to say “it’s all fun and games till you completely decapitate your kid coz you’ve gone too tight on the tuck...”

Back
Top Bottom