6-Day Sensitization Protocol: Resetting The Tolerance Levels

Everyone's having quite the journey with it eh!? ..

We're all doing brilliantly I think .

It occurs to me there's the taking a break for a day or to to 'drop tolerance', and then there's executing the whole protocol which requires a controlled and considered reintroduction practice over a few days. They're not quite the same. Don't get me wrong, I think anyone who's a daily user and manages to do either is doing brilliantly! I also think that the protocol is about more than rejuvenating the receptor count. It's also a way to recalibrate what your effective dose is - whether that's medicinal or recreational. My instinct tells me that doing that last part will mean that it'll be a much longer period of time before your receptors reach saturation again, at which time you'd need/want to do the protocol again. One of the things Dr Sulak talks about is this process ending up cutting people's usage by 40-60% which is a massive 'saving' especially if you buy but even if you grow. Sue said this worked for her in the past. Imagine your harvest going that much further!

In terms of what we're all discovering in the experience, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that going about ones daily routine as normal might not be optimum. I agree that movement is good, but I think that perhaps the exercises Dr Sulak gives and walking might be enough. Putting the system under anymore stress, even light stress, might overwhelm. It's a delicate process that always makes me feel a bit vulnerable, nearly always results in some gastric issues (sometimes terrible), sweating (especially at night), and insomnia, racing thoughts etc. clearly it's something of a shock to the system even for a fairly light user so my advice is to go gently with yourself on the abstinence days ♥️.

Obviously Sue's experience is different as she's identified a virus of some kind, or food poisoning so that's another story all together.

I don't think capability/confidence and vulnerability are mutually exclusive Sue. I think capability and confidence can exist at an even deeper level when we understand our vulnerability and accept it. That's what enables us to shield or nurture ourselves appropriately when needed. I think you did that when you recognised there was more than endocannabinoid adjustment going on and put the protocol aside for the moment! Without recognising our vulnerability I think we would eventually be crushed under the weight of it.

So taking a break will rejuvenate our receptors just fine. Kudos to anyone who's managed it! Doing the reintroduction protocol will help realign our intake for optimum therapeutic value, or effective recreational use at lower quantities. Medicinally, according to the good doctor, less is actually more. I'm sure Sue has mentioned that in the past - start low...

I kind of started reintroduction at 630pm last night (730 in the morning for me now) so didn't really get to do the 3 times in a day pattern, I only took a low dose of my CBDrich oil then, so I'm treating today as day 3. My advice to anyone starting and doing the full protocol, is to start on a day, in the morning.

Oh - and for those that have had gut issues that make it hard to eat, 2 things: gut issues always seem to be part of the first few days of Cannabis abstinence for me and, 2. Nothing wrong with a good fast. It's actually good for you. Drink water, salted water is good during a fast. Fasting is good for your metabolism .. (note that you can feel a little flulike about 18-24hrs into a fast, it will pass, it's probably not an actual flu).

Wow that was a bit of a long morning ramble! A lot happened for you all while I was sleeping ....

I agree Amy, and the complete reset is something any long-term consumer would be well to do. For one thing, you should assume that the cannabinoid therapy is doing what we intended, and doing a complete reset will give you the best look at how effective your system is. In theory, a balanced cannabinoid therapy should produce healing at some level, suggesting that the dose can always be adjusted downwards over time.

My goal is always homeostasis, where my use becomes recreational. :cheesygrinsmiley:

In theory, a balanced cannabinoid therapy should produce healing at some level, suggesting that the dose can always be adjusted downwards over time.

This insight has just become the central key for me. Thanks Sue. Because I'm seeking to treat a 'chronic' condition, what you've highlighted there is exactly why I now think I will be well served by doing this protocol every 6-12 months I think. Particularly with the CBDrich oil therapy. When I was studying, I abstained completely during semester as I couldn't do the intense philosophical work when I was using Cannabis. This meant I had no way of relaxing my mind (I'm allergic to alcohol) and I struggled through quite a bit with the effects of anxiety and PTSD. what I'm seeking with the CBDrich therapy is a way that I might get back to study with a better state of play in that regard - the homeostasis that Sue mentions.

I think that to work this out I need to not use recreationally on a daily basis for a bit. I'm going to do this whole protocol with my medicinal dosing first. And then at the end of the 6 days, I'm going to use the reintroduction steps to find my happy recreational amounts on top of that. Sound like a plan?

Of course, it's going to be inaccurate because my next batch of oil might be different (I'm still learning how to best make it, plus I may use a different plant one day), and different chemovars and phenotypes are different. So I guess we need to understand the protocol in a general sense and adapt within that. Cannabis therapy and usage is totally an individual thing after all. My delight could be your poison, so there's no formulas here!

Everyone’s having quite the journey with it eh!? ..

We’re all doing brilliantly I think .

It occurs to me there’s the taking a break for a day or to to ‘drop tolerance’, and then there’s executing the whole protocol which requires a controlled and considered reintroduction practice over a few days. They’re not quite the same. Don’t get me wrong, I think anyone who’s a daily user and manages to do either is doing brilliantly! I also think that the protocol is about more than rejuvenating the receptor count. It’s also a way to recalibrate what your effective dose is - whether that’s medicinal or recreational. My instinct tells me that doing that last part will mean that it’ll be a much longer period of time before your receptors reach saturation again, at which time you’d need/want to do the protocol again. One of the things Dr Sulak talks about is this process ending up cutting people’s usage by 40-60% which is a massive ‘saving’ especially if you buy but even if you grow. Sue said this worked for her in the past. Imagine your harvest going that much further!

In terms of what we’re all discovering in the experience, I’m going to go out on a limb here and suggest that going about ones daily routine as normal might not be optimum. I agree that movement is good, but I think that perhaps the exercises Dr Sulak gives and walking might be enough. Putting the system under anymore stress, even light stress, might overwhelm. It’s a delicate process that always makes me feel a bit vulnerable, nearly always results in some gastric issues (sometimes terrible), sweating (especially at night), and insomnia, racing thoughts etc. clearly it’s something of a shock to the system even for a fairly light user so my advice is to go gently with yourself on the abstinence days ♥️.

Obviously Sue’s experience is different as she’s identified a virus of some kind, or food poisoning so that’s another story all together.

I don’t think capability/confidence and vulnerability are mutually exclusive Sue. I think capability and confidence can exist at an even deeper level when we understand our vulnerability and accept it. That’s what enables us to shield or nurture ourselves appropriately when needed. I think you did that when you recognised there was more than endocannabinoid adjustment going on and put the protocol aside for the moment! Without recognising our vulnerability I think we would eventually be crushed under the weight of it.

So taking a break will rejuvenate our receptors just fine. Kudos to anyone who’s managed it! Doing the reintroduction protocol will help realign our intake for optimum therapeutic value, or effective recreational use at lower quantities. Medicinally, according to the good doctor, less is actually more. I’m sure Sue has mentioned that in the past - start low...

I kind of started reintroduction at 630pm last night (730 in the morning for me now) so didn’t really get to do the 3 times in a day pattern, I only took a low dose of my CBDrich oil then, so I’m treating today as day 3. My advice to anyone starting and doing the full protocol, is to start on a day, in the morning.

Oh - and for those that have had gut issues that make it hard to eat, 2 things: gut issues always seem to be part of the first few days of Cannabis abstinence for me and, 2. Nothing wrong with a good fast. It’s actually good for you. Drink water, salted water is good during a fast. Fasting is good for your metabolism .. (note that you can feel a little flulike about 18-24hrs into a fast, it will pass, it’s probably not an actual flu).

Wow that was a bit of a long morning ramble! A lot happened for you all while I was sleeping ....

Brilliant. Thank you very much Amy. Totally agree here. The only thing I will contest, at least for me, is the exercise. Now, I’m certainly not suggesting that someone who’s not used to doing any real cardiovascular exercise just stop medicating and pick up jogging. LOL! That’s not going to fly with most people. However, if you are someone who is used to exercising daily then it’s routine and needed.

I’m no physical training expert, but just walking, if done properly, just enough to get your heart rate up a little, will help ease the stress. I promise it will work, but just like this reset, it takes dedication and a real desire to make it happen. For me, it’s necessary to stay alive so I’m biased.

I took a nap this afternoon and that helped me also. I’m surprised I was able to sleep at all. I was feeling queasy and jittery, but after waking and eating a sandwich I’m feeling pretty good. Still a bit jittery, but not extreme. My eyes locked onto my cup of capsules in the fridge and for a split second I was depressed that I wasn’t going to indulge this evening. I went for a short walk on my property (20 minuets) and now I’m actually very calm and feeling okay.

I can tell I’m apprehensive about this evening. I have a res change to get through so that will help also. It’s that routine thing Amy mentioned. All in all, I’m feeling better than I thought I would. This is easy! LMAO! Have a great night everyone!

Brilliant. Thank you very much Amy. Totally agree here. The only thing I will contest, at least for me, is the exercise. Now, I’m certainly not suggesting that someone who’s not used to doing any real cardiovascular exercise just stop medicating and pick up jogging. LOL! That’s not going to fly with most people. However, if you are someone who is used to exercising daily then it’s routine and needed.

I’m no physical training expert, but just walking, if done properly, just enough to get your heart rate up a little, will help ease the stress. I promise it will work, but just like this reset, it takes dedication and a real desire to make it happen. For me, it’s necessary to stay alive so I’m biased.

I took a nap this afternoon and that helped me also. I’m surprised I was able to sleep at all. I was feeling queasy and jittery, but after waking and eating a sandwich I’m feeling pretty good. Still a bit jittery, but not extreme. My eyes locked onto my cup of capsules in the fridge and for a split second I was depressed that I wasn’t going to indulge this evening. I went for a short walk on my property (20 minuets) and now I’m actually very calm and feeling okay.

I can tell I’m apprehensive about this evening. I have a res change to get through so that will help also. It’s that routine thing Amy mentioned. All in all, I’m feeling better than I thought I would. This is easy! LMAO! Have a great night everyone!

Good to hear GT. It is kinda depressing, knowing you can't indulge, which is why I hid mine before starting. :laughtwo: I managed to get through the first time by staying so busy I didn't have time to think for about three or four days.

I've decided I'll control my consumption until the days get sufficiently long enough to do my own reset. I think I'm light-sensitive enough that the seasonal timing might be worth taking into consideration.

Good to hear GT. It is kinda depressing, knowing you can't indulge, which is why I hid mine before starting. :laughtwo: I managed to get through the first time by staying so busy I didn't have time to think for about three or four days.

I've decided I'll control my consumption until the days get sufficiently long enough to do my own reset. I think I'm light-sensitive enough that the seasonal timing might be worth taking into consideration.

You might be on to something with the seasonal timing thing. I didn’t think about that at all. Keeping busy during the day doesn’t seem that difficult for me. It’s the long evenings that will be my nemesis. I’m getting all nervous just thinking about it. LOL! If I can make it one night then the rest will be cake.

Mmmm...cake!

LOVE that big post Amy! Very much agreed--and I like your idea of going medicinal first, THEN recreational with the 6-day intro. Will you be smoking during the medicinal phase?

That's where I'm at Grandpa--the exercise calms me. If I can't get my body to sweat and my heart to pound, the feeling/fulfillment is just not the same. Good ol endorphins!

--

I've been feeling--overall--pretty damn good. Energetic, clear-headed, and BUSY! Got an unbelievable amount of stuff done today, and we're not done yet.

The raised beds got a make-over, the yard is clean, raked, and the chickens got a new roof and some perches installed--and hey, they're laying again! A good day in casa Stoney.

Makes me happy to see those jumping on board--would be great if this journal became something of a regular place for those of us who need to do their annual, or bi-annual protocol.

:circle-of-love:

WOW--didn't even think about this. This would have been SO much easier in the summer. Guess I know when my next one is!

:thanks::thumb:

That's where I'm at Grandpa--the exercise calms me. If I can't get my body to sweat and my heart to pound, the feeling/fulfillment is just not the same. Good ol endorphins!

--

I've been feeling--overall--pretty damn good. Energetic, clear-headed, and BUSY! Got an unbelievable amount of stuff done today, and we're not done yet.

The raised beds got a make-over, the yard is clean, raked, and the chickens got a new roof and some perches installed--and hey, they're laying again! A good day in casa Stoney.

Makes me happy to see those jumping on board--would be great if this journal became something of a regular place for those of us who need to do their annual, or bi-annual protocol.

WOW--didn't even think about this. This would have been SO much easier in the summer. Guess I know when my next one is!

Thanks! Yeah, the summer would be much better for me as well. I’ll be up for another reset then anyway. I just finished my res change and took a few extra minutes to smell the roses. Have a nice night!

DB349034-5DFF-4169-A6B1-2489AC81C167.jpeg

This cleanse thingie sounds like a great idea. I don't think I'll be joining in right now but I sure as heck will want to sometime in the near future.

This cleanse thingie sounds like a great idea. I don't think I'll be joining in right now but I sure as heck will want to sometime in the near future.

The thread will still be here to support you, if you'd like our support. Believe me, it's easier going through it with companions.

StoneyMemoirs said:

You are doing so well. :hug: The first day is the roughest, and most of it is the low-level fear we all have of abstaining.

It's my plan to keep this thread running. There'll be others. Dr. Sulak will be proud when he learns of it. :cheesygrinsmiley: Not that I have any plans to tell him, mind you, but if he does find out, I know it'll make him smile.

Made me laugh out loud! :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Me too. :laughtwo:

I thought of it, but for some reason thought I'd be ok, and didn't mention it. Now we know. The illness may have been my body's way to get me to stop. It's done crazy things like that before.

Thanks! Yeah, the summer would be much better for me as well. I’ll be up for another reset then anyway. I just finished my res change and took a few extra minutes to smell the roses. Have a nice night!

You got this GT. :high-five:

LOVE that big post Amy! Very much agreed--and I like your idea of going medicinal first, THEN recreational with the 6-day intro. Will you be smoking during the medicinal phase?
No - we'll I don't really smoke anymore, because I vape. But I've put my vaporiser away until I'm done reintroducing the oil. I've never used oil without already being in the daily vape usage 'zone' so I've decided to take this opportunity to asses the oil on its own first. Today is my first full day doing that and I think I'm deciding that I need a higher CBD ratio than 2:1. I've never been a fan of the sensation from ingesting THC, and am finding the threshold of desirable effectiveness and slightly undesirable body effect a bit hard to find, and I'm at super low doses.

My vape is earmarked for action on the weekend sometime. Then I'll continue with the oil dosage I've worked out & seek my vaping levels on top of that.

It's kinda cool isn't it? Thanks Sue for thinking to make it a community thread .

I like the idea that it stays active and can accommodate anyone who chooses to embark on the short but eventful journey.

Thanks! Yeah, the summer would be much better for me as well. I'll be up for another reset then anyway. I just finished my res change and took a few extra minutes to smell the roses. Have a nice night!

That is a pretty gorgeous 'rose' bud there Tokin'! Bet it smelled wonderful ♥️

You are doing so well. :hug: The first day is the roughest, and most of it is the low-level fear we all have of abstaining.

So different we all are! I totally found day 2 much more difficult ... I kinda figured it was because I still had an amount in my system the first day. It's highly possible that I will experience this differently in the future tho .

It's my plan to keep this thread running. There'll be others.

Great .

I'm keeping it in my subscriptions list, even once I'm done this round. It's a good thing to share support for.

My relationship to Cannabis has evolved so beautifully since I started actually engaging here (rather than just lurking).

Sounds like everyone doing the protocol now is going ok with it, great work all! I've just had my second micro dose for today - waiting to assess...

That 2:1 ratio may be more therapeutic than you believe Amy. When you reach the point of establishing the optimal therapeutic dose you'll know for certain.

I lurked here for all of 30 minutes before PeeJay pulled me into my first conversation. :laughtwo: I hard no expectation that my journey would turn out to be so rich. I'm only in my third year, growing plants that take my breath away, all as a result of being actively engaged with this marvelous membership.

Back
Top Bottom