6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

re: 6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

Last night was day 19 of 12/12 and everybody came out for some water and a light trim.

120110_001.JPG

Here we have the GDP DMP/OC+

Some of those large fan leaves are solar collectors for branches with small buds in the back of the pot. Couldn't bring myself to trim any. I decide that they will only be trimmed if it seems like the damage to a bud in front appears greater than the food chain for the bud in back.

Strangely enough, most of the buds in the second tier of coverage are growing behind holes in the frontal canopy. The big fan leaves aren't doing any harm at the moment.

This is one of those buds in a hole on the GDP.

120110_002.JPG

More pics to come but right now duty calls.

And yes....the smoking lamp is lit.

The next down the runway is the Headband P/OC+ 19/12/12

120110_004.JPG

Fluffy, Green Growing Machine

Some fluffy action.

120110_006.JPG

I was in the process of removing some old ties and doing a few new ones when I snapped this shot.

Next.......

The Blue Dragon P/OC+ 19/12/12

That area about a third of the way up the plant that looks like a funky green basket weave 20+ small shoots with buds fight their way to the light.

120110_007.JPG

Dash of BD bud action.

120110_009.JPG

Back in a bit with the organics.

OK, a quick spin at the organics.

GDP

120110_010.JPG

A few yellow leaves at the bottom which are gone now. Everything else looked great so I'll only worry if it expands. The plant should have plenty of everything it needs.

HB

120110_011.JPG

BD

120110_012.JPG

All in all a nice bunch.

Plus the 6 initial clones that had roots got small pots.

120110_013.JPG

I got some GDP to smoke and ohhh was it good. One toke and all the tension and pain went away. Two tokes and it came with first class concierge service, a foot rest and fluffed pillows. :ganjamon:

If my plants are half as good, I have found a good med for me. So, the biggest and healthiest GDP clone got a larger pot.

All the clones are in a holding pattern until I see what the final smoke is like. I am going to grow at least one GDP and thinking of doing at least one HB & BD. Just for the sake of regrowing and seeing what i can do better. Seed popping will start this weekend.

that HB is going to be some killer weed:thumb:. the girls are looking good and i see you have the troops all lined up:welldone: those plants have crazy dense foliage. ur not going to thin things out?

Thanks for stopping by Irish. :welcome: I have never smoked any Headband so i am hoping it is killer weed. It would be nice and easy to grow out all the clones.

I am eventually going to thin things out but don't want to rush into it yet. I figure i have at least two weeks before really having to commit. Until then it will just be as it seems like a good idea at the time. Still have a couple tricks I want to try on the plants. :smokin:

So this what you do in your spare time Huh?:ganjamon:
They all look great....much foliage you have there and I want some headband, it looks great! :welldone:

High OMM :welcome:

Yep, when I am not out harassing other people on their threads I hide out here in my little box canyon. :)

Headband supposedly got its name because after you smoke it, it feels like somebody tied one around your head.

It's all fun! ;)

High TT, out taking my Sunday afternoon constitutional :) I'm likin' what you've done with place :thumb:

:peace:

High TT, out taking my Sunday afternoon constitutional :) I'm likin' what you've done with place :thumb:

Horse, glad your stroll brings you past my humble place. The girls have done such a fine job of decorating that I am going to give them another room to show their stuff.

Headband is some bomb herb TT, my guess is you will be very happy. Things are lookin mighty fine in your garden.

Marley

thanks! there seems to be a consensus that this Headband is good stuff. Glad I have three clones at the ready including one flowering clone.

No coffee = No words. Duh!

Since Headband has a little bit of a following, I thought I'd share these day 23 of 12/12 picks. This is just after a big drink and what I thought was an aggressive haircut. You wouldn't know it from the picture.

Macro photos are always going to be a bit hit and miss because of auto focus. Never know what point it will decide to make clear. Difficult to tell on the small screen anything other than the shot seems to be generally in focus.

An observation from this watering that I probably should have made sooner is that the organic plants seem to have lost CRF power. At one point they were bigger than the non-organic group even though they started out as the smallest clones. They were top dressed with some organic fertilizer about two weeks ago but that does not seem to be enough.

The organic plants had a number of yellowing fan leaves and are a good third smaller. The exception to this is the Blue Dragon which is not fully organic anymore. Somewhere back in time it was having some issues that i could not diagnosis. In a medicated and frustrated moment I said F-it and top dressed with some OC+ and DM purple. Now it is the biggest and bushiest plant. Before it was the equivalent of the non-organic BD.

Looking back, The organic plants probably started losing organic crf power after about a month of watering. I don't think the coco/perlite mixture held them in very well. Soil would probably be different.

Now the organic crf plants had almost no issues in the first 6 weeks while the non-organic were always having a little something. Mainly CalMag.

I am doing the fertilizer split to compare taste or I would be tempted to through some OC+ on the other two plants. Not taking the potential smoke difference into account, I would be tempted to grow with a combination of organic and non-organic CRFs. This would eliminated the early problems and the later problems.

The organic GDP and HB did get a little special treatment on this round. I was given a free sample of Bloombastic which is supposed to be made from only organic sources. Bloombastic is high in PK and has some of those extracted plant hormones in it. A quick peak at the buds doesn't show that they are unhappy and might even have caught up to the other plants in bud structure. Or that could just be wishful smoker vision. :grinjoint::grinjoint:

Had a couple minutes on my hands so here are a couple more pictures.

Here is the Blue Dragon DMP/OC+ at 23/12/12

120610_007.JPG

The Blue Dragon clones had preflowers on them and seem to be moving a little faster in maturing then the other plants.

A budding young cola

120610_008.JPG

Too much fun!:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom