How dry do you let them get that they are hydrophobic when you next water them? Certainly not that dry in flower I hope!
Not completely hydrophobic but the top surface will take the longest and also the pockets of space that can develop in pots. The sides of containers are the worst. You can get rhe slightest space between the soil and container and water just rushes right out.

In flower...I was typically giving them a small drink at least every few days. Then a big drink the day of their topdress.

Have you tried root coring?
I'm sorry @InTheShed but I have not tried that. Mainly because I am currently doing a search for "root coring" because I have no idea what kind of mumbo jumbo non-stoner things are popping out of your brain. Also because I have high hopes of finding the answer here or Google. I may give it a shot if it is what it sounds like.

A terrible hand drawing of what I'm trying to accomplish. Ask questions
It appears I have done this many times with various other plants. It is a common practice in bonsai as well where they are attempting to move or work substrate in the root zone.

I will give this a go! But first I need to get those pots off the tray. Doing that tonight it seems.

Ohhh...do I have another good "what stupid s#!+ did Baked DO or think (not think) today?!?"

You'll have to wait until a little bit later when I get a picture to show with it...

When are we going to get a dang head slap emoji thingy?! I would use it at least a dozen times a day. That's reason enough isn't?! Special emoji for the "special" members?!?

Soooo...you mean wires in the soil like this?! Haaa haaaa. Well technically they have all been root cored many times throughout the grow. *insert head slap*

So would this count as root coring to you? Lol

Quick pics after getting #1 & #9 on a stand.

And quick pics 20 minutes after their watering. Lights out so pic with flash

Have a great day folks!

Are those your training wires? If yes, then no. If no, then pull them out and push them in other places and pull them out again. Then you're root coring!
Well that's what I mean. I have been pushing them in and out of the soil for months. So every time I pull one out I'm aerating or coring the roots. That's my logic anyway.

So the coring part is when you take them out and move them somewhere else? Otherwise there aren't any holes.
Correct. I mean to imply that have made many holes throughout the grow. Every time I make an adjustment or add a wire, I end up pulling out the wire and reinstalling it but never in the same spot. Having fresh soil to hold onto helps hold the branches down longer. Sometimes making multiple holes for one branch as I try to find the right spot.

Some quick pics and a tester smoke report from my first harvest off GSC #8 on 9/22.

It was a bit harsh as should be expected at this point. Barely went into the jar today to start the cure.

The effects were excellent though. Very calming and relaxing. It got me in a bit of a stuck mental zone for at first. I was enjoying the cerebral euphoria. That affect didn't last long but it was enjoyable while it lasted! I also didn't smoke a bunch of it so who knows, maybe it will be a longer lasting impact with a heavier dose. Not really into smoking harsh flower so I won't be testing that theory. Unfortunately, I think I let these go a little too long in the bag. If I don't see any more recovery to at least 60%, then I'll just decarb and use for infusions.

I know...NOT a showstopper. Nor am I trying to showoff trimming skills. Was hoping to get a shot of their frost. Not super frosty by any means but she's hiding some goodness in there.

Looks pretty frosty to me! I'm looking forward to hearing what you think after at least three weeks in the jars.
If I don't see any more recovery to at least 60%, then I'll just decarb and use for infusions.
As I recall, curing will happen as long as the buds were kept above 55% RH or so, so if they settle in the mid-50s, just stick something in the jar with some moisture (some folks use an apple wedge, I prefer lemons since I have trees). Leave it in there for a few hours, take it out, and see where the buds settle. Too low, do it again. Perfect? Excellent!

Some quick pics and a tester smoke report from my first harvest off GSC #8 on 9/22.

It was a bit harsh as should be expected at this point. Barely went into the jar today to start the cure.

The effects were excellent though. Very calming and relaxing. It got me in a bit of a stuck mental zone for at first. I was enjoying the cerebral euphoria. That affect didn't last long but it was enjoyable while it lasted! I also didn't smoke a bunch of it so who knows, maybe it will be a longer lasting impact with a heavier dose. Not really into smoking harsh flower so I won't be testing that theory. Unfortunately, I think I let these go a little too long in the bag. If I don't see any more recovery to at least 60%, then I'll just decarb and use for infusions.

I know...NOT a showstopper. Nor am I trying to showoff trimming skills. Was hoping to get a shot of their frost. Not super frosty by any means but she's hiding some goodness in there.
It definitely gets stronger if you use more. I've pretty much managed to couch lock myself with this stuff lol.

Looking sweet, Baked. Loving the pics.

Correct. I mean to imply that have made many holes throughout the grow. Every time I make an adjustment or add a wire, I end up pulling out the wire and reinstalling it but never in the same spot. Having fresh soil to hold onto helps hold the branches down longer. Sometimes making multiple holes for one branch as I try to find the right spot.
The plants don't look like they care what it's called. They like it! :Rasta:

I appreciate it you all chiming in! I made some good changes to the tent today. It needed to get done and I got some insight on my exhaust ducting.

I removed the fresh air intake which was drawing air from outside. Also redirected the A/C unit exhaust to be assisted by the AC Infinity fan. Now the trick will be getting the VPD balance over the next few days. At least the lung room will be balanced now! No more hot air coming in AND hot air being exhausted into the garage. That is a huge accomplishment for me today!

Also, the ladies will be getting watered again tomorrow. They are looking thirsty.

Back
Top Bottom