*UPDATE* INDOOR TENT
8 Weeks / 56 Days !!!
Yoooo! Rounding the corner to the finish line is Baked...what?! Area?? Ok,, well he's coming around for the checkered flag.

Getting sooooo close folks!!!
@BESTVA LED Pro4000 is doing a good job of illuminating this tent! I have those Pro1000s on its flanks pumping everything they've got too. The canopy under all the sweet spots if these lights is getting close to 900 PPFD. The outer edges are seeing considerably less so I have been doing my best to rotate the plants.

HUGE props to @GeoFlora Nutrients for supporting me as part of this comparitve grow. You all have been a blessing! Your whole team! It has been so easy to apply and water! I will be seriously considering incorporating the GF line again in my next run. Going to be a large living bed with a bunch of autos! Should be fun!

They all got a good drench this morning. @Terpinator at 30mL/gal. They have been getting this dosage rate since the start of flower.

They also got a dose of GF 'BLOOM' solution. Saaaay whaaaat?!? I know...but trust me. There is a method to this madness you are having a fit about.

I soaked 1 cup of of the GF bloom in some plain h20 for 24 hours.
  • Put it into a quart jar.
  • Cover it with just enough water to soak and cover the fertilizer - let that soak for a few hours) 24 hr clock starts
  • After it is mushy and hydrated, then add enough water to give at least 10-16oz of "concentrate" solution afterward. I try to remember you will get some additional absorption but not a lot.
  • Agitate it a few times during the 24hrs. (This will help break down what can be into smaller pieces. The harder the agitation, the more of the material will break down into smaller pieces.)
  • After all that is done, I get only the solution and use 2-3 oz/gal dosage.
This is basically like having a little espresso shot is the way I think of it. Just a quick diluted pick me up to drive some of those nutrients a little deeper into the soil. They need it for a strong finish is my feeling. Nothing too scientific here folks. A trick I picked up many years ago from a local gardener/florist. This is something I have done for plants like blueberries for many years. Also works as with a foliar but needs to be filtered down further because of the particles. I have used other products with similar ingredients with excellent results for many years. Soaking organic fertilizers has helped me many times when I have missed timing of the plant's needs and need to make some quick but minor changes. Not sure why i haven't tried it with the GF products until now. I know it's against their recommended applications though. With quite a bit of unprocessed topdressing still left on my pots, the diluted solution will help over the next week or two until harvest. HARVEST!!!

Quick example of some of the fading happening on #3. #7 has consistently been fading fans leaves to yellow over the past couple weeks. Plenty of nutrients provided but locked up on top due to improper soil integration on my part. I also think I was not watering it enough in general but specifically on the top inch. I should have kept that more moist to encourage the worms and everything else to get up there and start working harder. Next run, I will be leaving enough space to mulch after every topdress. I think that would ensure that with every new topdress, it is getting worked in sufficiently and rotating the previous unprocessed ingredients. Then a fresh and thin mulch layer until the next feeding. Not sure how I'm going to accomplish this with cover crops though.

They all started off with 3L each over a few applications of the Terpinator and Bloom solution.

Then 15-20 minutes later got a couple more liters of just plain water.

Sucks that the AC unit exhaust is there now. Covers up my @420 stickers. Need to get this thing outside the tent. Takes up so much space...and it covers up stickers! Blasphemy!

Welll Allllrigggggty then!!! That's about it for the plants. Onto the tent.

Tent environment was ok this morning but needs more adjustments. Tent was getting sucked in a lot. I opened up the passive vents some but that worries me about light leaks. Is that an unnecessary concern at this point of their development? I folded up the bottom 1/3 or so of the bottom flap/vents. I folded them in a way that light would have to bounce off the floor to enter the tent. I also have a 4" flex duct with an insect & dust cover for intake from the garage/lung room. The flex ducting is temporary. I'll be putting something else there instead. Just not sure what though. Probably a 4" black pvc fitting. Something I can easily install filters to keep dust out. Peace out everyone. I have so much crap I need to get done and it has been a chore just tending to the ladies and tent. It's already noon!

Ohhh...oops! I forgot to post these pics of GSC #8 She was looking all cute and ragged. The plant was treated with a foliar insecticide by Dr. Earth. Mainly as a preventative as I see virtually no pest pressure or disease. I will still have a good amount of buds to harvest from this plant!

Frosty nuggets of love!

Yikes, that's quite the opening for disease and pests!
Whoa!

That comfrey plant to the bottom left is getting chopped to the crown (again) and used as a green mulch for GSC #8. Comfrey is known as an excellent miner of minerals and other nutrients deep in the soil. If you garden outdoors, get yourself some and learn how to utilize it. It can take over so be careful.

A practice of pruning is to leave a substantial amount more material than you want so that if you have dieback, you won't lose branches you do want. Remember that I will be attempting to over-winter this plant. I actually bought the plastic for it yesterday. I'll probably get to it on the day of the first expected freeze. That's about as accurate as I can be with one my major character flaws.
Right before I wrap her up for the winter, she'll be getting cut back dramatically, almost to the ground. Until then, she needs to keep developing those buds! Blessings!

Oh geez...forgot to post these!

Day 58 of 12/12

Pic Heavy Update - They are thirsty! They will get another drench tomorrow.

I'm in love with #7. I moved her to the front. Not sure why I had her in the back for so long.

Now some trichome pics of each plant.
Here are my opinions but I would appreciate any of your thoughts about anticipated harvest window on each plant.

#7 - needs at least another 2 weeks.

#1 - Could potentially harvest tomorrow and would likely be happy with its effects.

#3 - needs at least another 2 weeks too

#9 - I'm thinking I could harvest tomorrow or next week.
I was in the groove with the microscope camera thingy and took lots of this one.

Wow, BA. You are going to be up to your glazed and bloodshot eyeballs in bud soon! #7 is a beast! Well done.
I say #1 is ready. The harvest window is open there. Number nine next with a week to go.

I agree with you about your trichome pics.

Indoor Bloom - DAY 44 since flip

SNS209/DC Foliar Spray and turned down the main light for a couple hours. Then back up to 100% and I moved the plants around a little bit to see if they like it better. It is quite obvious which two are the sickly of the group. #1 & #9 have simply not thrived in my care for quite some time. I believe I am seeing similar results to what happened outdoors for me last year. I am a firm believer that I don't know how to properly water a plant in a fabric pot. I am 100% underwatering them...consistently. It just doesn't make sense to me that the other two are doing so much better.

But first...my favorite lady in the tent! She's looking glorious and eating up all the nutes and herself.

Post foliar

#1 & #7

#3 & #9

All the GSC that has been harvested are in bags! I'm praying that everything dries well so I can get them into jars and gets these buds curing. Feeling blessed to have so much amazing medicine in my fridge. Blessings!
What are those orange buds in the drawer? I’m catching up and things are going rapidly here…Cheers

Uhhh...no I haven't. I will need to go look that up. Thanks for the heads up.

I was going to try and just put in poles where they are needed. Then tie them where needed. Is that a yo-yo?! I honestly don't know. I was hoping to get to it today but couldn't before lights out. Been working all weekend. Another 7 day stretch...I'll be in and out throughout the week the best I can. I'm really intrigued about trying the drought on a couple of my plants. They hit 7 weeks today and were due for a drench. I decided not to until I could get some insight. I'm thinking of doing a drought on two and not on the other two.
BakedARea, my last GSC comparative grow was the first I’ve ever had to stake, used stakes and soft ties to create a tomato cage type set up with minimal root disruption. I have the stakes saved if need to deploy again on another bud top heavy grow. I chalk it up to genetics, not a bad thing if you keep training. A pic recent flashback. Cheers
6E24D85E-670B-42AE-8FAD-264AF2A1C178.jpeg

Feel free to bump that up to 80º! The plants won't mind and they'll dry out faster too.

Plants like a 10º swing in temps from lights on to off, and 75 means the low would be 65, which is at least 5º colder than ideal. 80-70 would probably serve you better.

If your plants soak up the runoff then the bottoms are getting staying wet when they would normally start the drying process. Always keep your bottoms dry, organic or synthetic. As little runoff as possible though with GF, per their instructions here:
I use cheap bird suet feeders, the green vinyl coated ones about a $1 each under my 5 gallon pots to lift each off the saucers. I also add 6 cups of chunky #4 perlite in the bottom of each pot to improve drainage and aeration.

Wow, BA. You are going to be up to your glazed and bloodshot eyeballs in bud soon! #7 is a beast! Well done.
I say #1 is ready. The harvest window is open there. Number nine next with a week to go.
You rock! Thanks for the confirmation.
What are those orange buds in the drawer? I’m catching up and things are going rapidly here…Cheers
It's a special strain that has been curing for an unknown number of months. I just can't seem to get rid of the weird sweet rooty aroma. I'm committed to the cure!

I did some quick checks on the outdoor ladies plus I had to get them covered. Waited until the very last minute before a storm rolled through. Whew.. just in time!

Here are some pics of GSC #8 at 157 days old and an estimated 80 days of bloom.

Have a great night everyone! I may be out for the count soon...loooong aaaasssss...daaaayyyZzZzzZzzzZzzz

Whirlwind the past couple days....whew! Well, got into the tent tonight. #7 & #9 got another drench. I also gave a little to #1. I will be harvesting her but could use some help. She's ready to get chopped but is important to give them a dark period?

Quick pics of #1 of a pre-harvest trim. I got about 75% done with it before I had to stop. I should be able to finish it tomorrow.

I tried my best to get any fan leaves off and especially anything with fried tips...which are many!

She's not done but looking better.

Family pic of the tent and then some close ups of buds from #7 <3 <3 <3

I put mine into dark for 48 hours because @Emilya did but I have no idea why you're supposed to do it or what result I'm looking for.

I know Emilya is away today at her brother's funeral but I'm sure she would be happy to answer when she's home again.

I know Emilya is away today at her brother's funeral
Ohh no. So sorry to read this @Emilya sending you smiles, hugs, and blessings.

HG:
I believe all the hoopla behind the different techniques originally stems from the outdoor cultivators using the moon phases and time of morning to harvest. Stronger gravitational pull for more concentrated trichs at harvest I think. Has this been proven? I have no idea. I haven't researched it enough honestly. And I haven't researched the dark period either. I just watered #1 too but I'm thinking I may just chop her without doing anything special either tonight or first thing tomorrow morning before lights on.

* Tent Update - 9 weeks since 12/12 *

#7 is just amazing to look at. Her buds are simply beautiful. Dense and sticky! She is definitely a floppy gal so lots of training wire holding everything up.

#1 is ready to come down tonight. No dark period. I couldn't make up my mind and I don't want to water her again to delay it further. She will be getting a wash and spin cycle, then off to be hung for the evening.
I may bring down #9 too.

#1 on the left, #7 up front & center, #3 behind her, #9 on the right

All #7 below. I didn't feel like giving the other girls any attention. #7 just kept whispering my name and posing. She may be the only female I can keep somewhat happy in this world. She looks happy*ish, a little droopy but a good drink should help. Thoughts? Am I just blind in love? Or is there anything else I should be doing for her besides water to the finish?

HARVEST NIGHT for GSC #1!!!

Quick recap on #1
My first indoor grown cannabis plant that made it to harvest! She is not an impressive gal but she gave me more than some sweet little buds. She gave me lots in return with wisdom and experience too. She provided some beautiful buds even with all the mistakes I made. I think this is a perfect example why it is important to invest in good genetics. At the beginning of this comparitve grow, I challenged @Weed Seeds Express to take a chance on me, an indoor newbie. I thought it would be a great way to showcase their genetics. Know what?! It worked! These are some kick ass genetics that withstood many of my mistakes along the way.

With supports - FLOPPY!

Without supports - uhhhhh...

Just a pretty leaf that was starting to turn purple.

Pics of the structure and the tape that saved this plant from splitting down the middle from pulling a little too hard early in veg.

These are actual purple leaves!

Just another pretty perspective from under a sugar leaf.

Dang straight I washed these buds! Looking at the h2o2 bath (1st pan), it seems like it will be common practice to wash the indoor plants too. Dust and other contaminants will always be present in my tents. I'll never have a dust free environment. And all the damn dog/cat hair. Urgh!

I got a bunch of branches like this that I could/should have pruned off to increase the mass of the other colas. I'm not too concerned with big pretty buds for the most part. I'll most likely be pressing for rosin and infusing for edibles.

Thanks again everyone for your support along the way. Only 3 more plants to go!!!

HARVEST NIGHT for GSC #1!!!

Quick recap on #1
My first indoor grown cannabis plant that made it to harvest! She is not an impressive gal but she gave me more than some sweet little buds. She gave me lots in return with wisdom and experience too. She provided some beautiful buds even with all the mistakes I made. I think this is a perfect example why it is important to invest in good genetics. At the beginning of this comparitve grow, I challenged @Weed Seeds Express to take a chance on me, an indoor newbie. I thought it would be a great way to showcase their genetics. Know what?! It worked! These are some kick ass genetics that withstood many of my mistakes along the way.

With supports - FLOPPY!

Without supports - uhhhhh...

Just a pretty leaf that was starting to turn purple.

Pics of the structure and the tape that saved this plant from splitting down the middle from pulling a little too hard early in veg.

These are actual purple leaves!

Just another pretty perspective from under a sugar leaf.

Dang straight I washed these buds! Looking at the h2o2 bath (1st pan), it seems like it will be common practice to wash the indoor plants too. Dust and other contaminants will always be present in my tents. I'll never have a dust free environment. And all the damn dog/cat hair. Urgh!

I got a bunch of branches like this that I could/should have pruned off to increase the mass of the other colas. I'm not too concerned with big pretty buds for the most part. I'll most likely be pressing for rosin and infusing for edibles.

Thanks again everyone for your support along the way. Only 3 more plants to go!!!
:bravo: awesome, Baked.

I wash my indoor buds and am always surprised by how much crap is removed from them.

Good luck with the harvests.
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom