36Gr0w's First Journal - Hi-Brix - LOS - Indoor & Out!

Hi 36Gr0w! How've you been? I just love your style and am subbed from here on, sorry I'm so late! :love: You grow amazing plants, and are just generally inspiring. Much love. :volcano-smiley:

20150720_043559.jpg
20150718_102605.jpg
20150720_043537.jpg
20150720_043150.jpg
20150720_043535.jpg
20150720_043111.jpg
20150720_043100.jpg

I'll be starting a fermenting process for another bloom fertilizer tomorrow. I have strawberries, mangos, Bananas, carrots, raspberries, zucchini, dandelions, blueberries, blackberries, and tomatoes to use. Lots of combos to start and try out in the future.

Note to self. Next year leave enough room for 8'x8' tomato plants, and set the nets before it grows into it. This soil + hugelkulture = incredible bushes.

Good to hear. It was inspirational how many hugelkulture beds got started this year, just on this site.

You see all of us flocking over here to be amazed by your quiet march to excellence, don't you? You impress the hell out of me. Just sayin'.

What's this fermentation process and how distracted did I get to have missed it before? I apologize for being so lax, but please, if you can take a minute to elaborate.

Sue, I'll get into my fermentation in the next few days, when I have time for pictures and uploads. Can you point me towards some veggie and hugel threads please?

Current rice wash will get milk added in the next day or two. Check out The Unconventional Farmer for some simple recipes.

Yeah, I definitely need to add fermentation to the mix. Look at how important fermented foods are and we neglect them too. (Raises her hand guiltily) I'll check the Farmer out. Let me link it up to a tab on the iPad as we speak.

You know, I have the greatest respect for what you're doing. No lie, when I'm here I feel like I should serve you somehow to repay you. Always a pleasure 36.

I'm starting to heal in earnest now and it's pretty damned emotional. I need to get the HB stuff to become second nature so I can relax. Anytime now, you know? I keep remembering how easy my first grow was. Plant water, light, harvest.

You don't owe me a thing Sue. I'm here to share my grow and interests.

When I started looking into growing, I understood most of it, but a nute schedule, ph, ppm, ro, and all that seemed so wrong for me. I mean, it didn't make sense, I didn't want to do it. I met a guy growing organically, and some of what he said made sense. I found the kit, and everything looked incredible, it really inspired me. I ordered a kit, started a few plants next to some in fox farms, and of course the kit plants looked better! I had people commenting on my plants, how green and healthy they were. Of course, me being me, I thought, let's see how a month of water only looks. After that, I decided a living, working soil suited me better than relying on a constant feeding schedule. Just me being me.

There you go. Just good old-fashioned gardening. Wow!

Back
Top Bottom