36Gr0w's First Journal - Hi-Brix - LOS - Indoor & Out!

An hour before lights on today. Day 61.

20150820_170828-1.jpg

Glad to help Sue. :circle-of-love:

I've never seen that much leaf curl. Is it mag def tacoing, or???

Just dripping in trichomes! I want to grow like that! :laughtwo: I know, I know, I already do. Just catching up after the glitch life threw me. I love looking at your pictures because I know I'm looking at my own future. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

Thanks Sue, you are well on your way! :high-five:

Major, I left for 5 days and came back to some brittle leaves and the tacoing. It was 95+ in the closed tent for at least two days while I was gone, and my night time temps aren't much lower with this hot weather. My humidity has been in the low 30s, so that doesn't help much either.

I don't believe it to be a Mg deficiency, as I have literally no Chlorosis or yellowing of any lower leaves or leaf veins. I could be wrong, so someone please correct me if I am.

I would chalk it up to heat stress. Your soil shouldn't be showing any mag deficiency.

Yeah - with that heat I'm sure that's all it is.
...and it does look perfect! :high-five:

Wow! :laughtwo:

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures
Quote Originally Posted by Doc Bud View Post
Again, I ask what point are you trying to make?

Everything in the kit is organic....with the current exception of the Cat Drench, which has 2 ingredients that aren't politically labeled organic at this time. Everything else is.

The two "evil" ingredients are:

Ammonium phosphate
Ammonium sulfate

Now, again, what's your point?

As to the lab having organic alternatives....yes, they do. But they do not recommend them as growing nutrient dense food is better done using all tools at our disposal, not just the ones the government says are "organic."

So, again, what's your point?

/doc bud

Me:
So the kit is not organic, thanks for clarifying. You can't be "mostly organic" it doesn't work that way. I see ingredients approved organically for live stock feed, unfortunately that doesn't count either.

The kit isn't organic growing, I get it. But why does your protégé (cali_organics) advertise and #organic? Are you not using your kit on the plants that get put up on IG?

Did you test Promix alone, or with the worn castings included? You found low iron and copper levels in the test I assume.

Organic gardeners have measured and talked about brix for years. Brix is nothing new, soil testing is nothing new. Yes, you can learn to grow nutrient dense produce organically, and yes you can learn it elsewhere. No paying for packaging or ph adjusting acids.

I came to ask questions about what you are selling to see if you made more changes to justify people calling it organic. That has not happened, and you don't seem interested in it. You insist I make a point in your Q&A thread about my questions.

To match your demands...Growing with this kit is not growing organically.
Graytail, SweetSue and Major PITA like this.
36gr0w's First Journal! Organic fun indoor and out!

IG: 36Gr0w

Re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures
Quote Originally Posted by 36Gr0w View Post
So the kit is not organic, thanks for clarifying. You can't be "mostly organic" it doesn't work that way. I see ingredients approved organically for live stock feed, unfortunately that doesn't count either.

The kit isn't organic growing, I get it. But why does your protégé (cali_organics) advertise and #organic? Are you not using your kit on the plants that get put up on IG?

Did you test Promix alone, or with the worn castings included? You found low iron and copper levels in the test I assume.

Organic gardeners have measured and talked about brix for years. Brix is nothing new, soil testing is nothing new. Yes, you can learn to grow nutrient dense produce organically, and yes you can learn it elsewhere. No paying for packaging or ph adjusting acids.

I came to ask questions about what you are selling to see if you made more changes to justify people calling it organic. That has not happened, and you don't seem interested in it. You insist I make a point in your Q&A thread about my questions.

To match your demands...Growing with this kit is not growing organically.

Graytail:
LOL, I for one, am glad you got that out of your system~! Yay!

The Kit is NOT "organic".

I bet it isn't a bunch of other stuff, too. C'mon ...
SweetSue, NematodeNate, Major PITA and 1 others like this.
Graytail's 3rd - 4x4 - Doc Bud's HiBrix - latest LED tech - LOTS o' light!

Graytail's Cupwinners in High Brix Soil - 4x4 - 600W HPS - Perpetual

"Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labours and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."

In Cannabis Veritas
Quick reply to this message.

Me:

There are a lot of things it is not. One of them being the claim that it is organic. Another being that it is in some way better. It's not. It is another nutrient line, bottled up, with a lot of paying beta testers, me included.

There's also this recent disturbing trend towards more direct nutrient feeding of the plant through special drenches. One has to wonder sometimes what I'm really doing to whatever biota are living in the soil with this engineered soil feeding program. I'm still trying to figure out just what's going on, because it bears little resemblance to what's going on in the no-till. I dug into my no-till for the first time the other day to plant a scallion in there and the differences in the soil structures is startling.

I wonder myself if I'm ever going to be completely at peace with the kit. I know it's not organic, and I've known that all along. I just keep wondering what's really going on. You're right though, it's a bottled nutrient line and we're the lab rats. Stop feeding those drenches and the soil won't support the plants. Of that I'm certain.

So are you unhappy with the kit for some reason? If so, please elaborate.

Hi Juan. I am not using the kit. I tried it and found that the soil can not support the plant throughout the veg stage without the drenches, which call for constant teas. Vegging is the easiest part of growing this plant, you can throw them in the yard or garden and do it. I would rather use a well built soil and continue feeding the micro life. No constantly applying teas to re introduce or add life, it's already flourishing.

The root ball from my Chocolate Thai had worms all over, and I haven't added any in months. That same root ball is growing my GG4xBD (#3). Obviously I have a good amount of life going on in there.

Hi Juan. I am not using the kit. I tried it and found that the soil can not support the plant throughout the veg stage without the drenches, which call for constant teas. Vegging is the easiest part of growing this plant, you can throw them in the yard or garden and do it. I would rather use a well built soil and continue feeding the micro life. No constantly applying teas to re introduce or add life, it's already flourishing.

The root ball from my Chocolate Thai had worms all over, and I haven't added any in months. That same root ball is growing my GG4xBD (#3). Obviously I have a good amount of life going on in there.

This is, to be honest, my greatest concern with the Kit. Its inability to support worms. What kind of soil doesn't support worms? None I know of. I had to reconcile my choice to work in the Kit by thinking of it as a science experiment. What I'm adding is very similar to what I amend my no-till with, but I don't think of it as gardening so much as assisting. I try to be honest with myself about my choices. The entire time I'm watching my no-till kick butt with such little effort it's laughable. That soil community needs very little from me at this point. My goal is that someday the whole pot will be worm castings. :laughtwo:

Wish you'd taken pictures of the worms in that rootball 36.

hey there 36 - nice looking buds there buddy!! Good on ya for calling a spade a spade.

I'm 100% organic and will continue to be so and so will my ladies and specially my worm and compost bins. :thumb: It's WAY too easy, all that fuss and muss is too much for me, tbh I'd rather weed my outdoor gardens than be measuring (un-needed) ferts .

Your plants amaze me that yours don't get colored pistols, they are always white in your pics??

Anywho, glad to see you keepin it green, stay cool and stay safe - lots of fires up your way eh?

you know I have to chime in and say
back in the day we didn't even use nutrient lines and things were just fine
everyone gets caught up the new things its always new and great
they was growing some nice plants back in the day with only natural things in the soil
example eggshells, black sand, earth worms not just castings and whatever else
added things would be like fish emulsion
even for me now in hydro buying all these nutes if I had a nice yard with no worries of thievery
id probably just make my own soil lots of good soil around naturally and lots of natural stuff you can put in yourself
the guerrilla growers here go straight in the ground they don't dig holes and put their own soil in the ground
so the soil must be good enough

you know I have to chime in and say
back in the day we didn't even use nutrient lines and things were just fine
everyone gets caught up the new things its always new and great
they was growing some nice plants back in the day with only natural things in the soil
example eggshells, black sand, earth worms not just castings and whatever else
added things would be like fish emulsion
even for me now in hydro buying all these nutes if I had a nice yard with no worries of thievery
id probably just make my own soil lots of good soil around naturally and lots of natural stuff you can put in yourself
the guerrilla growers here go straight in the ground they don't dig holes and put their own soil in the ground
so the soil must be good enough

Your volcanic soils are some of the richest in the world. What you could grow outdoors there with some organic amendments Cronic..... Makes my brain buzz just thinking about it. :battingeyelashes:

Your volcanic soils are some of the richest in the world. What you could grow outdoors there with some organic amendments Cronic..... Makes my brain buzz just thinking about it. :battingeyelashes:

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom