36Gr0w's First Journal - Hi-Brix - LOS - Indoor & Out!

I was thinkng, why bother? Just pick a good brand of bottled nutrients. The manufacturers have your back.

These Jorge defending posts make my stomach turn. Like 36 should be grateful to a guy like Jorge be cause he helped him get started growing? No! Those guys are responsible for misleading the public into believing cannabis is some special plant in a class of its own, and requires expensive specialized care and feeding regiments. This just isn't true. Why do they mislead? Why do you think? Not much money in teaching someone to farm their own worms, grow their own fertilizer, and make their own soil (that lasts forever) If there wasn't a Jorge then 36 and a million other guys would have grown cannabis in their outdoor veggie soil and saved a lot of money while learning to grow.

There are plenty of commercial LOS type grows. I know of a couple and I don't know much. They are done by intelligent folks who don't post pictures and tell their story's on the public internet.

It's a sad thing to see people defending the Jorge's and hydro stores this hard.

Honestly, it's like have it your way, everyone, free country, right?
I'm sick of beating the same horse. Maybe there is where all the hippy dippy growers go... Off the internet. Is frustrating, it's like you guys are telling me the world is flat.

Then again I look at it like this. They obviously have more money to burn than me AND they have a lot more time than me. Meanwhile I have friends growing in a hydro hybridized system encompassing parts of ROLS (Recycling Organic Living Soil) I designed for them, feeding off of nothing but filtered and aerated water with incredible results.. so I do not mean to discredit hydro in its entirety for that fact alone. Hydro is A LOT of work even in it's basic form and not to mention much more expensive. I like to have a green mentality and approach to all aspects of my life. Don't waste more than you need and if at all possible don't waste at all! ROLS is not free for those who aren't set up but with a little bit of organization and elbow grease they can make it free for themselves just like you mentioned. Composting, Worm composting and a handful of back pocket tricks on how to make your own homemade enzymes and the like and you will really chuckle when you see what these companies are charging!

A quick edit note. I meant to add I mean no disrespect to those using bottled nutes. I'm not one to look down my nose at any one process. I have spent big bucks on liquid nutes having a commercial farming background. If I knew back then what I knew now. I would without a doubt be miles better off in life! ... shoulda coulda woulda right?

Hey 36 I will give you a full line up of House and Garden to run side by side with any method co organics recommends in your tent!

Ill also pay for the test results at harvest!

I wouldn't take this challenge. I'd be surprised if 36 did. Why push it this hard?

Cause I know what works I've spent so much money trying multiple methods. I always put my money where my mouth is that's why I'm where I'm at today!

Seriously the top 10 growers that I know that have the best of the best all use bottled nutrients except one! The other he has a degree in chemistry with some kind of minor in botany and well he makes his own version of advanced nutrients guess what just like House and garden pulled from basically all living organisms!

Chemicals is a stretch folks just like saying your organic!

Ok this is my last post on this thread.

Im out good luck 36 you know I got your back no matter what shit ill continue to give you all my unwanted genetics but I cant stand the company this thread keeps!!!!!

Seriously the top 10 growers that I know that have the best of the best all use bottled nutrients except one! The other he has a degree in chemistry with some kind of minor in botany and well he makes his own version of advanced nutrients guess what just like House and garden pulled from basically all living organisms

Now see where I'm coming from? I'm not the one with the degree (life happens) but I'm learning.

Seriously the top 10 growers that I know that have the best of the best all use bottled nutrients except one! The other he has a degree in chemistry with some kind of minor in botany and well he makes his own version of advanced nutrients guess what just like House and garden pulled from basically all living organisms!

I am going to sound like heresy here, but I agree with Dutty to a point. I have no issues using bottled organic fish emulsion in my waterings. The plants explode with vibrance. Its "Organic" based. I started to buy the bottled fish shit, when I noticed my wife feeding an Indoor Palm tree with her Beta fish water, and it went from dying to thriving and now outside. Fish & shit. In a bottle works the same kind of magic.

So, in the heresy battles, put me into Duttys category on feeding plants. Oh, and in context. Both of my adult daughters live with professional weed growers in Cali. Both have collections of bottles for feeds for growing indoors & outdoors for commercially grown quality products. It doesn't have to be LOS to be feed organic plant food.

American Indians buried a fish under seeds for a reason. That isnt living soil... well... not the LOS style.

And I know you wouldn't nor would I offer you prefer your beliefs and ways.

Quite simply put, I have no desire to replace a perfectly functioning micro herd with a force-feeding approach. If it ain't broke..... Sometimes in life you have to understand that just because you can do a thing doesn't mean you should. If growing "the best" means destroying life forms that have evolved for the purpose of growing plants then I guess I'll be ok growing fabulous or spectacular. If I were as closed minded as you want me to be to make yourself feel more comfortable about this I wouldn't be playing with HB.

We're all here to learn and share in hopes of improving each other's success. It's what we do. It's what we're trying to continue to do.

Now see where I'm coming from? I'm not the one with the degree (life happens) but I'm learning.

I, for one, am constantly impressed with how dedicated you are to that study.

I am going to sound like heresy here, but I agree with Dutty to a point. I have no issues using bottled organic fish emulsion in my waterings. The plants explode with vibrance. Its "Organic" based. I started to buy the bottled fish shit, when I noticed my wife feeding an Indoor Palm tree with her Beta fish water, and it went from dying to thriving and now outside. Fish & shit. In a bottle works the same kind of magic.

So, in the heresy battles, put me into Duttys category on feeding plants. Oh, and in context. Both of my adult daughters live with professional weed growers in Cali. Both have collections of bottles for feeds for growing indoors & outdoors for commercially grown quality products. It doesn't have to be LOS to be feed organic plant food.

American Indians buried a fish under seeds for a reason. That isnt living soil... well... not the LOS style.

Holy crap that's my point just cause its in a bottle doesn't mean Jorge suckered me into it and its a chemical lmao. I'm very very very into experimenting ask 36 hes seen it all well mostly! This is where you just are out to lunch I almost think there should be a medical problem you may have co you seem un balanced. If I didn't think los was interesting I wouldn't be on my buddies thread. But in "this" industry no matter what conspiracy you subscribe too it isn't truly applicable just like in the fields I'm surrounded by. So my opinion is LOS is N/A in the cannabis industry as well as organic. They wont even recognize the term.

akisunni the out to lunch was directed at co organics not you

Ok this is my last post on this thread.

Im out good luck 36 you know I got your back no matter what shit ill continue to give you all my unwanted genetics but I cant stand the company this thread keeps!!!!!

Well that just makes me look like a charity case. I have plenty of great genetics, I just want to take am organic stab at what didn't work for you, and see if a different approach works.

Ah aki, but it was LOS. The original LOS. Filled with microbes and minerals and fungi and bacteria and worms and bugs...... You get my drift.

This is where you just are out to lunch I almost think there should be a medical problem you may have co you seem un balanced.

Ya bro... thanks... pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

At Dutty: Didn't see that punch coming, so ya... figured we dance to different drummers all the way around. Maybe Not. Fwiw. I get Sue's desire for SWEET Organic driven Bud. Thats is her market niche desire. I like Organic based sources (bottles of it are fine). Others feed plants chemistry, which is what we are all relabeling and walking around.

Ah aki, but it was LOS. The original LOS. Filled with microbes and minerals and fungi and bacteria and worms and bugs...... You get my drift.

Ok, fair point and one and I had to mentally agree I was going to eat, after I hit enter... So ya...

Sue +1
Aki -1

:)

Aki

Once again, trying to label something is just pointless. Myself and others are just trying to grow organically, interrupted however it may be. I'm not trying to trademark or build a label. Call my grow whatever you want, all I'm doing is trying to succeed with natural inputs taken from nature. No preservatives, no synthesizing.

Aki, that buried fish would be a stinky pile of mess if the soil wasnt alive. That's how it gets broken down and usable. Life. It's not magic.

Back
Top Bottom