36Gr0w's First Journal - Hi-Brix - LOS - Indoor & Out!

Once again, trying to label something is just pointless. Myself and others are just trying to grow organically, interrupted however it may be. I'm not trying to trademark or build a label. Call my grow whatever you want, all I'm doing is trying to succeed with natural inputs taken from nature. No preservatives, no synthesizing.

Aki, that buried fish would be a stinky pile of mess if the soil wasnt alive. That's how it gets broken down and usable. Life. It's not magic.

Not arguing. It was a bad example. I admit mistakes, when I post them. See above.

Me Culpa to you Organic growers. You get your fish in the soil... I get my in a bottle. Still same source. cough cough...

Quite simply put, I have no desire to replace a perfectly functioning micro herd with a force-feeding approach. If it ain't broke..... Sometimes in life you have to understand that just because you can do a thing doesn't mean you should. If growing "the best" means destroying life forms that have evolved for the purpose of growing plants then I guess I'll be ok growing fabulous or spectacular. If I were as closed minded as you want me to be to make yourself feel more comfortable about this I wouldn't be playing with HB.

We're all here to learn and share in hopes of improving each other's success. It's what we do. It's what we're trying to continue to do.

What???? Force Feeding?

I think these once again are organic beliefs "force fed" by a free range mentality.

SO is inoculating your soil with thi and that and this and that not force feeding in a sense? I mean was it there?

Come on if you truly believe in a all organic living soil approach you either need massive land like we lease to farmers or drop a seed on your nearest tree line. You bringing it indoors alone is removing "organic" so in conclusion LOS like organic is a state of mind so your telling me mt soil isn't living with house and garden? I think my plants and soils substructure would highly highly disagree.

This is how I truly feel honestly

You all need to keep reading more organic is a state of mind nothing more now Im referring to most growing methods not gmo's or the like but in cannabis get a grip organic is loose at its most conservative definition.

The one and only thing I agree with COorganics on is theres a lot of false maketing out there "big bud this giant bud explosion that" so read. But your rude abrasive attitude pisses more people off than you can imagine your bashing me has resulted in over a dozen private messages and people unsubscribing to threads. If you really believe in your ways its best to be thought of as a fool co then to type and you then remove doubt!

Ya bro... thanks... pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

At Dutty: Didn't see that punch coming, so ya... figured we dance to different drummers all the way around. Maybe Not. Fwiw. I get Sue's desire for SWEET Organic driven Bud. Thats is her market niche desire. I like Organic based sources (bottles of it are fine). Others feed plants chemistry, which is what we are all relabeling and walking around.

Just pointing out, an organic approach doesn't disregard chemistry, in fact I spent the majority of my day trying to learn more of it to better myself as an overall gardener. It's all based on bonds and reactions, I should probably try to get a grasp on it.

This was a wonderful and spirited discussion. Thank you 36 for hosting it. Diplomacy runs in your veins son. I must make myself get to bed now. Tomorrow my friend.

Just pointing out, an organic approach doesn't disregard chemistry, in fact I spent the majority of my day trying to learn more of it to better myself as an overall gardener. It's all based on bonds and reactions, I should probably try to get a grasp on it.

I know this turns stomachs but that's whats in your hated bottles. I understand not wanting to pay a middle man or mark up well then go to the source with proven results and show some of your cards. They will want a proven grower guaranteed

This was a wonderful and spirited discussion. Thank you 36 for hosting it. Diplomacy runs in your veins son. I must make myself get to bed now. Tomorrow my friend.

I told you it was past your bed time. Grow a good sativa in House and Garden and you can be more driven to stay awake !!

Just kidding

Once again, trying to label something is just pointless. Myself and others are just trying to grow organically, interrupted however it may be. I'm not trying to trademark or build a label. Call my grow whatever you want, all I'm doing is trying to succeed with natural inputs taken from nature. No preservatives, no synthesizing.

Aki, that buried fish would be a stinky pile of mess if the soil wasn't alive. That's how it gets broken down and usable. Life. It's not magic.

To be clear. I buy organic soil for my plants. I feed them organic fish shit. and only when they look like a wreck do I touch the "chem" based sources that have the right formula of nutrients a plant needs to thrive that I am not providing for some reason. I look to the plant to tell me what it needs, or doesn't. I try to shy on the less then side, but with fish shit based stuff, watered down, you can put it in every feeding for early growing plants with out burning them.

Not arguing. It was a bad example. I admit mistakes, when I post them. See above.

Me Culpa to you Organic growers. You get your fish in the soil... I get my in a bottle. Still same source. cough cough...

I believe your fish in a bottle may be an organic product? There are organic additives that are bottled. Hell, my comfrey fertilizer that I pressed last fall, it's bottled by me. It's the synthesizing we try to avoid. Why synthesize what already works and is readily available?

It's a personal choice. I have no interest in forcing someone to adopt my views in order to be acceptable. How boring it would be if we were all the same? I would also hope that I would allow someone else to hold disparate views from mine without denigrating their beliefs and choices.

I don't remember any of us saying that the entire industry should farm with LOS or else. We tend to be a pretty laid back bunch of aging hippy gardeners. We're ok with that. We study soil communities and chemistry, trying to understand this marvelous system's inner workings. I find that a noble thing. You want to grow with synthetics? I'm not going to be the one splattering you with fish ferts. I'll be over here talking to my plants. Just chillin'

Well that just makes me look like a charity case. I have plenty of great genetics, I just want to take am organic stab at what didn't work for you, and see if a different approach works.

That's not what I meant and you know that. I have 50+ genetics that needed culled down which you know as well. I was just stating that even if I disagree with your methods doesn't mean I wouldn't help! I just don't like people that have no respect for those that came before us its an entitled ass way of thought

To be clear. I buy organic soil for my plants. I feed them organic fish shit. and only when they look like a wreck do I touch the "chem" based sources that have the right formula of nutrients a plant needs to thrive that I am not providing for some reason. I look to the plant to tell me what it needs, or doesnt. I try to shy on the less then side, but with fish shit based stuff, watered down, you can put it in ever feeding for early growing plants with out burning them.

only thing about fish emulsion or other extracts is the ppm is all over the place and spikes may occur. Grew up with oly mountain fish farm owners my first grow outdoor was a rocks throw away

That's not what I meant and you know that. I have 50+ genetics that needed culled down which you know as well. I was just stating that even if I disagree with your methods doesn't mean I wouldn't help! I just don't like people that have no respect for those that came before us its an entitled ass way of thought

your not charity I just have the ability to well support

I told you it was past your bed time. Grow a good sativa in House and Garden and you can be more driven to stay awake !!

Just kidding

Have you got any Aussie or Kiwi in your veins mate? You sure share our humour :)

I believe your fish in a bottle may be an organic product? There are organic additives that are bottled. Hell, my comfrey fertilizer that I pressed last fall, it's bottled by me. It's the synthesizing we try to avoid. Why synthesize what already works and is readily available?

It's a personal choice. I have no interest in forcing someone to adopt my views in order to be acceptable. How boring it would be if we were all the same? I would also hope that I would allow someone else to hold disparate views from mine without denigrating their beliefs and choices.

I don't remember any of us saying that the entire industry should farm with LOS or else. We tend to be a pretty laid back bunch of aging hippy gardeners. We're ok with that. We study soil communities and chemistry, trying to understand this marvelous system's inner workings. I find that a noble thing. You want to grow with synthetics? I'm not going to be the one splattering you with fish ferts. I'll be over here talking to my plants. Just chillin'

no but the whole its in a bottle so its bad and Jorge said hes an ass so screw him is straight up misinformed people with lack of knowledge or experience I always here those statements from like year two growers once then have started to read. I find it hilarious I'd be willing to bet 90% that wont even contemplate a nutrient in a bottle like you have stated sue are inexperienced growers with less than 20 harvests. That's all, have you ever tried one?
guess if not you are closed minded in a sense huh?

no but the whole its in a bottle so its bad and Jorge said hes an ass so screw him is straight up misinformed people with lack of knowledge or experience I always here those statements from like year two growers once then have started to read. I find it hilarious I'd be willing to bet 90% that wont even contemplate a nutrient in a bottle like you have stated sue are inexperienced growers with less than 20 harvests. That's all, have you ever tried one?
guess if not you are closed minded in a sense huh?

Dutty, I come from a long line of organic farmers, not gardeners, but farmers. We learned to grow our plants using natural and organic materials, letting the soil food web take care of the feeding part. I have no need, nor have I ever had a need for synthetic nutrients. It's not being closed minded at all. It's being better educated on the functions of living organic soil. Years of study and practice to grow tastier vegetables and fruits. I'm just applying that to growing cannabis. No nutrient deficiencies and no flushing necessary. It's a different mindset that requires my understanding how soil actually works and helping to keep that going. Synthetic nutrients are the death of the mycorrhizae. Why would I want to kill my beneficial fungi? Thanks, but no thanks.

It's you Dutty, denigrating a system of growing that is actually easier in practice, who needs to be cautious about becoming closed-minded. You're the one banging the loud drum on this journal dedicated to organic gardening. Just sayin'

"American Indians buried a fish under seeds for a reason. That isnt living soil... well... not the LOS style."

With all due respect, this is exactly what LOS is all about. If I just grew in organic topsoil with a fish planted in the soil I would be growing in LOS. People use different soil mixes for their LOS but most are similar. Its a mindset to garden with the soil food web, that's all. And of course the desire to have perfect or near perfect plants all the time causes us to try to use inputs that cover all our nutrient bases within the soil, and we allow the microbial process of nutrient cycling to occur before we even plant into containers. ( via composting, and to a lesser extent "cooking" the soil. )

The same bacteria, archaea, fungi, protozoa, nematodes, arthropods are working to feed my plants needs as did for the Indians with the fish. If organic growing didn't work we wouldn't have any plants on the planet at all. If organic growing didn't work well there wouldn't be such lush rainforests, majestic redwood forests, etc etc. These are areas in nature where there is a high functioning soil food web in place, and soil rich with organic matter. Copy that natural system and see the full genetic potential of a plant, that's my opinion. LOS is what a group of people call what they do. I tend to follow their example. Their are obviously many schools of thought about the best, most efficient and cost effective way of growing organic. I'm a fan of Dr. Elaine Ingham's work, and lean fairly hard on her ideas. She has some thoughts that would have heads spinning. And a PHD. So, rightfully so, I'm sure you all would receive her better than me.

Dutty, I come from a long line of organic farmers, not gardeners, but farmers. We learned to grow our plants using natural and organic materials, letting the soil food web take care of the feeding part. I have no need, nor have I ever had a need for synthetic nutrients. It's not being closed minded at all. It's being better educated on the functions of living organic soil. Years of study and practice to grow tastier vegetables and fruits. I'm just applying that to growing cannabis. No nutrient deficiencies and no flushing necessary. It's a different mindset that requires my understanding how soil actually works and helping to keep that going. Synthetic nutrients are the death of the mycorrhizae. Why would I want to kill my beneficial fungi? Thanks, but no thanks.

It's you Dutty, denigrating a system of growing that is actually easier in practice, who needs to be cautious about becoming closed-minded. You're the one banging the loud drum on this journal dedicated to organic gardening. Just sayin'

Actually sue 36 wanted me to chime in!

Your no nutrient deficiencies is wrong!!!!! So the better educated statement is incorrect as well! I guarantee that one!!!!!!

I do understand how soil works very well in fact!

You still will have to adjust in los if you think otherwise your misinformed and lacking the knowledge you so desire and speak of!

Big growers don't join these forums cause of statements like that you just posted!

You have 1 grow under ya you a are good person (member of the month)but one grow!!! far from being educated in growing cannabis well read maybe!

Sue,

An interesting data point. A British research company has figured out a way to put a specific layer of "magic" dust on seeds. It appears that this "Magic dust" is the holy grail in N and mean Nitrogen, pick up from the "air" vs applied. Basically, the coating grows a happy LOS environment for the plant to pick up its N needs. It completely changes how plants will be grown. They have first seeds in the US currently being planted, with 3rd party research on yields available in 2016.

I am aware of LOS in a large scale, paradigm shift in understanding and costs associated with enhancing plant growth. Some discuss this as the largest change since 1900 & tractors. One of the reasons I love the threads here, is the ability to listen to sides passionately, fight... ne, argue their knowledge. I am a student here to learn.

Peace,

Aki

Every plant, every strain has variables and tolerances you still have a lot to learn sue!!! Los does not solve all nutrient problems you still must adjust your just depending more on that aspect!

Back
Top Bottom