36Gr0w's First Journal - Hi-Brix - LOS - Indoor & Out!

Sue,

An interesting data point. A British research company has figured out a way to put a specific layer of "magic" dust on seeds. It appears that this "Magic dust" is the holy grail in N and mean Nitrogen, pick up from the "air" vs applied. Basically, the coating grows a happy LOS environment for the plant to pick up its N needs. It completely changes how plants will be grown. They have first seeds in the US currently being planted, with 3rd party research on yields available in 2016.

I am aware of LOS in a large scale, paradigm shift in understanding and costs associated with enhancing plant growth. Some discuss this as the largest change since 1900 & tractors. One of the reasons I love the threads here, is the ability to listen to sides passionately, fight... ne, argue their knowledge. I am a student here to learn.

Peace,

Aki

Colchicine??

Bud isn't harvested for use just seeds!

"American Indians buried a fish under seeds for a reason. That isnt living soil... well... not the LOS style."

With all due respect, this is exactly what LOS is all about. If I just grew in organic topsoil with a fish planted in the soil I would be growing in LOS. People use different soil mixes for their LOS but most are similar. Its a mindset to garden with the soil food web, that's all. And of course the desire to have perfect or near perfect plants all the time causes us to try to use inputs that cover all our nutrient bases within the soil, and we allow the microbial process of nutrient cycling to occur before we even plant into containers. ( via composting, and to a lesser extent "cooking" the soil. )

The same bacteria, archaea, fungi, protozoa, nematodes, arthropods are working to feed my plants needs as did for the Indians with the fish. If organic growing didn't work we wouldn't have any plants on the planet at all. If organic growing didn't work well there wouldn't be such lush rainforests, majestic redwood forests, etc etc. These are areas in nature where there is a high functioning soil food web in place, and soil rich with organic matter. Copy that natural system and see the full genetic potential of a plant, that's my opinion. LOS is what a group of people call what they do. I tend to follow their example. Their are obviously many schools of thought about the best, most efficient and cost effective way of growing organic. I'm a fan of Dr. Elaine Ingham's work, and lean fairly hard on her ideas. She has some thoughts that would have heads spinning. And a PHD. So, rightfully so, I'm sure you all would receive her better than me.

Dr. Ingham makes tons off of non organic farmers testing there soil before applying herbicides and fungicides and such shes a owner of a soil testing company so keep that in mind when reading her opinions and ways

Colchicine??

Bud isn't harvested for use just seeds!

This company is doing wheat based research currently. I am just moving it forward as a conversational topic. It is not considered for weed yet. Its just being proven in a commercial commodity product now.

What is the magic? Sounds very intriguing! If its a germination agent or a potential game changer Im interested! any links? PM is fine as well
This company is doing wheat based research currently. I am just moving it forward as a conversational topic. It is not considered for weed yet. Its just being proven in a commercial commodity product now.

What is the magic? Sounds very intriguing! If its a germination agent or a potential game changer Im interested! any links? PM is fine as well

I have a number of "commercial crop growers" who combined run about 30,000 US acres in Corn, Milo, Wheat, Etca. My projects have been focused on them, and Ranchers. My data comes from them. I read the article. It was weeks ago. I have put out a request to have one of the guys point me to it again. If not, tomorrow if necessary I look at thousands of links in my history to find it... cough cough. I went to the company site and was interested.

In a nutshell, its "undisclosed" sauce is a coating they dip the seeds in. It causes a LOS to pop up around the plants root base providing the N from the air via the living soil they provide for each seed. It changes seeds from mono to symbiotic, if I understand the structural approach. It allows farmers to completely ditch N based supplements to start, with no comments on obvious changes to formula down the road.

Its still early, but its being planted in the US in a number of locations to get a good mix of data for 3rd party testing results to be accepted. Company has quietly announced the release of seeds. Now its the quiet period.

Context: I am a retired HF manager of a small family of funds. I never stop doing research even though I now farm a backyard and smoke my own.

I've adjusted my thoughts on strain specific feeding needs. It was explained to me and made sense to me like this. Certain strains came from different areas. To get the best results for a given strain, we should be trying to not only replicate the environment it came from, but also the soil and natural soil diversity in which it came from. Sativa came from different parts of the world, with different soils. Just because a soil mix doesn't show deficiencies or problems through the plant doesn't mean it didn't need something different than another strain. It just means it's needs were met, and it is probably a bit different than if it was grown in its natural place of origin. Of course, we could just be a few hippie growers wasting our time.

so 36 can you inform him what you found out not from me!

You have way less knowledge or experience than I Co so just trust I know its hard!!

Ive seen many many strains ran in many enviroments under many controlled circumstances and strains do have set tolerances I have forced them and bred them myself so your lack of true cannabis knowledge is now showing! Mass amount of "triggers" have been applied to certain strains over time and they do develoip traits to feeding and nutrient tolerances.

Curious how many years you grown?

Ever Bred a strain?

If I'm wrong in your supreme knowledge of cannabis cultivation please explain to me why og and chemdawg based strains are heavy feeders you know so much!

No but love the comparison your thc content down under is some of the highest in the world

Especially with rare hard to get to genetics like PNG gold. Literally have to risk your life for that strain and I'd love to see the strain hunters try and get their hands on that one! I was blessed to be given it by a friend who was the son of a former PNG prime minister. In truth it has more to do with being in that equator realm where everything is more potent.. not just the cannabis :)

Thats where I agree Aki.

Each plant and gene has different needs. I'd be paranoid plant a and it root structure may strip all available nitrogen From plant b just an example. So plant b shows a deficiency do to plant a

Especially with rare hard to get to genetics like PNG gold. Literally have to risk your life for that strain and I'd love to see the strain hunters try and get their hands on that one! I was blessed to be given it by a friend who was the son of a former PNG prime minister. In truth it has more to do with being in that equator realm where everything is more potent.. not just the cannabis :)

Mick, is that you? ... (had an aussie block/bloke (is there really a difference?) setup camp on my couch for 16 months back in the day. We got into a bit a fun, here and there.).

Thats where I agree Aki.

Each plant and gene has different needs. I'd be paranoid plant a and it root structure may strip all available nitrogen From plant b just an example. So plant b shows a deficiency do to plant a

Yes, exactly, plus constriction games, where they grow roots to attack the other plant directly. Its jungle warfare down there for resource starved organic plants.

Not being a smart ass. In the organic world, it is survival of the fittest. That means, plants attack each other like tree's do to starve each other for available resources. The reason you give plants supplements (water based delivery), is to give the plant access to more than just freaking clay, once the roots pass the shallow zones they dont have access to the same depth of soil value.

Aki

It's not being closed minded at all. It's being better educated on the functions of living organic soil. Years of study and practice to grow tastier vegetables and fruits.

Again, interesting read from last night. Very spirited. I highlighted the quote above because it caught my attention. I recently watched a Penn and Teller show talking about the whole organic thing. They did the old blind taste test too, to prove their point. Nearly everyone they tested picked the non organic vegetable or fruit, as most flavorful, and the one they thought was organic. I just found it interesting because of that comment you made. Maybe I can link the episode, I love Penn and Teller, they crack me up. ;)

I wonder how you or I would do in that test, blind of course??

Anyway.

Sue, I don't know much about your education, but from what I've read you sound very intelligent. I have however spoken to DP on numerous occasions for hours at a time and I know for sure he's intelligent. I know for sure he's fully aware of the functions of living soil.

The difference I think, is he's growing to support his family, as a business. Most of us are doing this as a hobby, or to help a person or two. With my business background I appreciate a person who's tried multiple methods, but has found a proven winner. And now supports his business with that model. Growing pound and a half plants in a few months qualifies him, in my eyes, as someone who knows how to run his business.

Finally, reading you say that your better educated on organics raised my eye,, it sounds to me like that,,, I'm better than you mentality,, which like you accuse Dutty of having.

Just a few thoughts.

Based on my experience, organic grown bud wins the taste, smell, and effects tests. Massive yields are possible. People can and will believe what they want. I base my opinions on what info I can gather in person, and through reputable information online. Google Scholar is my friend lol.

I know someone doing the exact same thing as dutty. Growing pot to feed his family. Difference, his soil is organic, and all his plants get are two teas and a cationic drench. The rest is water. No flushing, no micro measurements of nutrients. Seems to work for him.

Based on my experience, organic grown bud wins the taste, smell, and effects tests. Massive yields are possible. People can and will believe what they want. I base my opinions on what info I can gather in person, and through reputable information online. Google Scholar is my friend lol.

I know someone doing the exact same thing as dutty. Growing pot to feed his family. Difference, his soil is organic, and all his plants get are two teas and a cationic drench. The rest is water. No flushing, no micro measurements of nutrients. Seems to work for him.

Very few he's one of a small small section

Back
Top Bottom