1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Nice looking garden, you may like Malawi then

They are in one of the two seed purchases that I have headed my way, along with some Kilimanjaro strain from World of seeds. Did you see my posts a page or two ago about how I am using bitcoins for seeds?

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Yes, i have around $100 in my BC wallet. May need to increase that

Yeah I bought about 400 bucks worth about 4 months ago and I have made at least 4 purchases and still have about 350 bucks worth of bitcoin in my wallet. I am more than patient enough to keep waiting for it to go up enough in value for me to make each additional purchase. Its almost like buying stuff for free LOL

Sounds good. Can you recommend a broker for bitcoin?

Hey there Old Hippy, welcome!! Glad that you dropped in. Here is the site that I use for all my bitcoin uses. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have. If I can't answer them, I am sure that someone that drops in and out will be able to.

Buy/Sell Digital Currency - Coinbase

Thanks! Coinbase came up in my research as a good place to buy also...

Peace

What part of Maryland are you near? I retired out of NAS Patuxent River back in 2011

Right on.....well welcome again brother (or sister if you happen to be a woman.....unless the name is clearly female I tend to assume you would be male)

So Ive been doing some digging around. Somewhere between your Kindsoil, Doc Buds Brix kit and all the other wealth of knowledge on this forum is likely where I'm gonna end up on this. I had NO FRICKEN IDEA about any of this type of amended soil, and how it worked til this. It's nuts how involved it can get. I've come to realize that to understand how and why it all works the way it does is going to take years of reading, but the proof is in the pudding and you guys are on to what is definitely the next level of growing. From an 3ase and quality standpoint. My attempt is going to have to be next year when I'm in my new space, but I can hardly wait. No way am I buying more nutrients.

Thank you for turning me on to this.....

So Ive been doing some digging around. Somewhere between your Kindsoil, Doc Buds Brix kit and all the other wealth of knowledge on this forum is likely where I'm gonna end up on this. I had NO FRICKEN IDEA about any of this type of amended soil, and how it worked til this. It's nuts how involved it can get. I've come to realize that to understand how and why it all works the way it does is going to take years of reading, but the proof is in the pudding and you guys are on to what is definitely the next level of growing. From an 3ase and quality standpoint. My attempt is going to have to be next year when I'm in my new space, but I can hardly wait. No way am I buying more nutrients.

If you are going to be growing on a small scale, 2 or 3 plants at a time......its hard to beat the zero maintenance of Kindsoil. I do believe that they ship to Canada as well.

One other thing to keep in mind is recipes look complicated. But look at how cannabis grows in the wild. Natural dirt doesn't have all these fancy additives and stuff mixed into them. Hell even the male I was experimenting with on an outside grow was being done in dirt from my garden (like real dirt) mixed with compost, peat moss, blood meal, bone meal, and perlite and it grew to be more than 6 feet tall before I had to cut his ass down. Growing in soil isn't as hard as people make it out. Feed the dirt with decent water and presto you are good. My recommendation (unlike my approach) is to start simple and add things or change amounts on each soil batch you make.

One other thing to keep in mind is recipes look complicated. But look at how cannabis grows in the wild. Natural dirt doesn't have all these fancy additives and stuff mixed into them. Hell even the male I was experimenting with on an outside grow was being done in dirt from my garden (like real dirt) mixed with compost, peat moss, blood meal, bone meal, and perlite and it grew to be more than 6 feet tall before I had to cut his ass down. Growing in soil isn't as hard as people make it out. Feed the dirt with decent water and presto you are good. My recommendation (unlike my approach) is to start simple and add things or change amounts on each soil batch you make.
For sure. I think I've figured out my plan for now anyway. I'm gonna try my New years attempt in Kindsoil on coco loco, so it'll be two firsts for me, but I just happen to know a guy lol. The more I read, the more I understood why that was your first choice and why you've built your soil. I'm like fat kid on a smartie when I'm into something lol. I'm going to use the time between now and the end of that grow to research and purchase most of what I should need. Some of the list you shared isn't so available here, so I'll find an alternative, with some advice of course. I find it interesting how a product say calcium can be obtained through many sources but, some of the other trace minerals in 90% of those other sources would cause an overabundance. Your background in horticulture and organics is indispensable at a time like this.

Tent Update

So the girls are totally loving their soil I made for them. They are growing really fast. Very happy with how the soil is feeding the plants, they look happy and healthy. I have to transplant the Durban Poison and the Blue Kush into bigger pots. I plan on doing that tomorrow. After that, I have to put on the water attachments that I use to water under the scrog. I need to order some more T fittings and soaker hose in order to do that. Once I do that, I will drop the SCROG.....let them grow under the scrog for a week or so and then I will flip em. I did a full watering and massive defoliation this morning and the girls look like they recovered completely already. Love it!! Any who......Here they are.

Tent as of Tonight
082117_Tent_1.jpg

082117_Tent_3.jpg

082117_Tent_2.jpg

And here are pics from tonight vs 9 days ago
20170812_223617.jpg

082117_Tent_3.jpg

And once again the proof is in the pudding, the girls are looking amazing! Glad you brought up the fittings etc for your watering system under the Scrog net, can you take a picture of how you fastened your hose onto the cap of your bottles if you have a second? Now it makes more sense regarding salt buildup in your soaker hose not being an issue..... Loving this idea more and more.

What I do is drill a whole (1/4 inch bit if I remember correctly) in the cap, slide the tube inside the hole (its tight, which is what you want) and then I use silicone on the inside and the outside of the cap to make it completely water proof. Let me see if I can find a picture.

What I do is drill a whole (1/4 inch bit if I remember correctly) in the cap, slide the tube inside the hole (its tight, which is what you want) and then I use silicone on the inside and the outside of the cap to make it completely water proof. Let me see if I can find a picture.
Simple enough.....cool. At first when you described that yours system didn't get clogged with salts, it made no sense to me. Now it makes complete sense.

Simple enough.....cool. At first when you described that yours system didn't get clogged with salts, it made no sense to me. Now it makes complete sense.

Yeah as long as you don't add anything to the water, its great....took me about 5 min per 32 ounces of water. With 5 plants, by the time I was finishing filling up the last bottle, the first bottle would be about empty. So with 4-5 bottles per plant, it would take me less than 30 minutes to water all 5 plants. And that would last me 4-6 days depending on all the different factors like temp and how big the plants were.

Back
Top Bottom