1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Awesome grow van. I agree with rando. Take the buds an spread them out on newspaper or something and let them crisp up when they get a "wet" feeling. Also u don't want to stuff them in jars until they are completely dry so grab a couple more jars so u can shake them up and they dry more evenly

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Awesome grow van. I agree with rando. Take the buds an spread them out on newspaper or something and let them crisp up when they get a "wet" feeling. Also u don't want to stuff them in jars until they are completely dry so grab a couple more jars so u can shake them up and they dry more evenly

I take them out of the fridge twice a day and let them air dry for an hour to two hours then back in the jar. They aren't packed in tightly at all. They are shrinking nice and starting to get a bit dried out. I give them all an inspection both times when I air dry them daily to make sure that there is no mold (and to look for more seeds). Thanks for the advice guys

Soil Update - Did another mix on my soil I am cooking. Spread it out, mixed it up really well again (aggravated my back again doing this), let it set for an hour or so. Wet it down lightly again and put it back in its bins to cook for another 2 weeks. Will be using this soil on my next grow. I am pretty excited to give it a try and see how it works!

20170806_162614.jpg

20170806_162623.jpg

Yielded about 65 gallons of soil....plenty for several grows!

Nice work bro that'll keep you growing for a bit .

Thats the goal. And I have plenty more amendments to make 2-3 more batches about this size. I will be growing in bigger pots in the future for all non-breeding grows. Next grow will be 4 plants in 10 gallon pots instead of 5 plants in 5 gallon pots. I think with organic soil, I will use 10 gallon pots and up.

On a side note, man does this soil stink!! LOL

Ten gal pots!? Indoors!? Those plants will be huuuuge lol

Thats the goal!! If I find 10 gallons to be overkill, I will split the difference with 7 gallons. I just can't help but to think 5 gallons seemed too small to me.

The plants might not have agreed with you but I bet their bigger younger next gen siblings would appreciate the extra room for their roots. More roots = more shoots! .

We will see if the yield goes up along with the pot size. I wasn't really happy with the yield on the Blue Kush or Blueberry and thought the Durban Poison should have been better as well.

I capped my outdoor potted girls at 7 gal, which regularly produced 6 footers. Guess you have lots of indoor growing space? :Namaste:

I train a lot. I like keeping them low and spread out wide. I do a lot of LST, super cropping, topping, etc. I was kind of disappointed with the stretch I had on this grow, but apparently it isn't uncommon for that sort of SCROG type training. I will be vegging for 2-3 months, depending on how it goes.

I train a lot. I like keeping them low and spread out wide. I do a lot of LST, super cropping, topping, etc. I was kind of disappointed with the stretch I had on this grow, but apparently it isn't uncommon for that sort of SCROG type training. I will be vegging for 2-3 months, depending on how it goes.

I compromised and my grow space height is now 4', with my light, my potential space is 3'-ish and that includes pots. So I am thinking 10 gallon smart pots are now out of the question. Would I be correct in this assumption? I may have to go 5 gallon with a few more plants in a scrog type of set up. What do you think? (3' wide, 2' deep, 4' height). Might get my guy to build it 4'6" and knock my clone space from 2' high to 18".

I compromised and my grow space height is now 4', with my light, my potential space is 3'-ish and that includes pots. So I am thinking 10 gallon smart pots are now out of the question. Would I be correct in this assumption? I may have to go 5 gallon with a few more plants in a scrog type of set up. What do you think? (3' wide, 2' deep, 4' height). Might get my guy to build it 4'6" and knock my clone space from 2' high to 18".

I think that if you are careful with strain selection and you train to keep them low and spread out, you could get by with a 5 gallon smart pot. If you don't feel confident with that, try the 3 gallon like Pennywise said. I guess the other factor is the kind of light you have and the recommended distance from the plant. For example, my Dwarf Star LED is supposed to be about 20 inches from the top of the plant. That wouldn't work for your space. You can always supercrop and train to keep them extra low.

Finally got around to cleaning the big tent this weekend. Moved all the clones except for one up to the big tent. Update with pictures coming shortly.

Clone Update

Here is what the big tent is looking like now after I got it cleaned up real good. The small clones in the solo cups are clones from ATF #4, the male, and will be used in the breeding for this round. I just transplanted them into 2 gallon smart pots. So in here I have a Durban Poison clone in 2 gallon pot, Blue Kush clone in 2 gallon pot, two ATF #4 clones now in 2 gallon pots, two ATF #1 clones in the smaller pots (will be transplanting up to 2 gallon pots this week), three ATF #2 clones in small pots and a Blueberry clone that isn't doing well but finally sprouted a new shoot. I am trying to run these under one light for another week or two before turning on the other light.

I also have an ATF #2 Clone downstairs in the small tent as well.

080717_Clones_1.jpg

080717_Clones_2.jpg

Harvest Update

Ok seems that the drying it coming to an end. I am not getting any weight reduction on the Blueberry, the Blue Kush or the Durban Poison. I am getting very little reduction in weight in the ATF harvest as well. So here are my initial dry weights by strain.

Blue Kush - 54 grams
Blueberry - 61 grams
Durban Poison - 81 grams
ATF #2 - 96 grams (might lose 1 or 2 more grams as it finishes drying)
ATF #1 - 121 grams (might lose 2 or 3 more grams as it finishes drying)

So I am going to call that about 410 grams after the two ATFs finish drying. That comes out to 14.75 ounces. I didn't miss my 1 lb goal by much, so I am pretty happy overall. Thats a lot of medicine!

Back
Top Bottom