1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Harvest update - ATF 2

So looked at the trichomes on the last two girls in flower. The ATF 2 plant had some light amber going on so Ms Stank and I decided to chop her down last night. ATF 1 is kind of all milky with an occasional amber so she will get chopped tonight. The ATF is almost all Sativa so I want it a bit earlier in the harvest than the Hybrid or Indica.

The ATF strain definitely had bigger and more bud. I am thinking I might get at least 3 more full jars per plant when the initial drying is done and they go into jars. I say more jars because I took about a jar of buds and put them straight into the fridge without a bud wash for a full slow and low dry instead of a few being washed and hang drying for a few days first. Anyways, here is ATF 2.

ATF 2 Harvest
20170801_230956.jpg

20170801_235619.jpg

20170801_235625.jpg

20170802_095724.jpg

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Wow. What a harvest! I know I came at the end but I can't wait till your next grow! You have great great genetics you just got in! I didn't know Nirvana had Blackberry last I checked they didn't but I haven't in some time.

Thank you also for the MTF info. I have been looking for the indica version of MTF and haven't had much luck finding that and G13 among many Afghanicas. So I have a question quickly about the overseas seedbanks if you don't mind. I have used Herbies mostly for quite some time. Herbies and rarely Nirvana we're my go to banks. When I found my most desired '86 Afghanica Williams Wonder available I freaked...but couldn't use herbies. They stopped CC payments. I won't use bitcoin or bank transfer. Too much fees as I spend extra like you for peace of mind and stealth. Company I tried and had a GREAT experience with sent me a make your own super bouncer ball. Fun!

I have been leery of Seedsman because of their lower grade genetics they use for their imitation crosses and lower quality breeding plants aka what make their genetics cheap. As well as iffy reviews and how bad the unreleased seedsman Afghani I got from Herbies before they stopped CC. I found a diff breeder with my prized strain Williams Wonder so I ordered that right away! One of my 2 free seeds was a Seedsman Mazari Fem(I don't like fem but ah well) and RQS Special Kush #1. I liked the place I used as the freebies we're also in 1 seed breeder packs also not in little baggies with a bland name tag no seal. But as you support seedsman I need to know something...
Do they take CC from US buyers? I couldn't believe when what I was after was still available when I saw their site.

If you HAVE to send em cash or money order what's the turnaround like? By turnaround I mean time till they generally receive and how long it takes after they send for you to receive them. Do they give you tracking? Seedsmans list of breeders is sad bit I like hearing they added 8 more. I'd like to know about using them as I like their breeder packs and it's good to know they are legit.

Very impressive order and current collection of genetics! I will definitely be following your next grow. I am not a sativa user ever but I respect em.
Keep on Keepin On and Have a Dank day!!

Wow. What a harvest! I know I came at the end but I can't wait till your next grow! You have great great genetics you just got in! I didn't know Nirvana had Blackberry last I checked they didn't but I haven't in some time.

Thank you also for the MTF info. I have been looking for the indica version of MTF and haven't had much luck finding that and G13 among many Afghanicas. So I have a question quickly about the overseas seedbanks if you don't mind. I have used Herbies mostly for quite some time. Herbies and rarely Nirvana we're my go to banks. When I found my most desired '86 Afghanica Williams Wonder available I freaked...but couldn't use herbies. They stopped CC payments. I won't use bitcoin or bank transfer. Too much fees as I spend extra like you for peace of mind and stealth. Company I tried and had a GREAT experience with sent me a make your own super bouncer ball. Fun!

I have been leery of Seedsman because of their lower grade genetics they use for their imitation crosses and lower quality breeding plants aka what make their genetics cheap. As well as iffy reviews and how bad the unreleased seedsman Afghani I got from Herbies before they stopped CC. I found a diff breeder with my prized strain Williams Wonder so I ordered that right away! One of my 2 free seeds was a Seedsman Mazari Fem(I don't like fem but ah well) and RQS Special Kush #1. I liked the place I used as the freebies we're also in 1 seed breeder packs also not in little baggies with a bland name tag no seal. But as you support seedsman I need to know something...
Do they take CC from US buyers? I couldn't believe when what I was after was still available when I saw their site.

If you HAVE to send em cash or money order what's the turnaround like? By turnaround I mean time till they generally receive and how long it takes after they send for you to receive them. Do they give you tracking? Seedsmans list of breeders is sad bit I like hearing they added 8 more. I'd like to know about using them as I like their breeder packs and it's good to know they are legit.

Very impressive order and current collection of genetics! I will definitely be following your next grow. I am not a sativa user ever but I respect em.
Keep on Keepin On and Have a Dank day!!

Hey Weednerd! Thanks for stopping in and for the kind words. Ok so for your comments and question on Seedsman. First off I love that site. I have looked at almost all the overseas seedbanks and in my opinion, their selection and prices are better than almost all the other seed banks. As for Seedsman's actual genetics....I can only go off the Blueberry I grew. It wasn't extremely impressive in Veg, but it flowered better than I thought it was. And a 1 sample size is tough to judge, so I will have to reserve judgement for later. I will say that it out yielded the Blue Kush which I thought was going to be the biggest yielder.

As for Seedsman taking credit cards, yes they do, but they do put a fee on them. But the way I look at it is that they tend to offer up more freebies than most of the other sites if you order smartly. I like to watch for the promotions for certain seed banks. Sometimes I end up getting more freebies than the seeds I actually order. Like right now, I have in my cart.....an order for 5 Carnival seeds from Ministry of Cannabis, and 2 Mandarin Haze seeds from Ministry of Cannabis, so for that order, I have 8 freebie seeds.....4 White Widow freebies from Ministry of Cannabis, 2 Jack Herer from Seedsman and 2 Amnesia Haze by Royal Queen Seeds. So to me, when I pay by credit card and have that fee, its offset by the freebies I get.

And sometimes I will do Bitcoin because you can get an additional number of freebies. Like with the order I stated above, if I used bitcoin....with that selection, I would get 8 auto freebies (which I don't really grow autos....I am a control freak and want to control the plant, not the other way around) and 5 more White Widow Fem seeds. But since the freebies are autos, I will probably not use BitCoin.

Overall, I love the service from Seedsman. I think 8 days from shipment notification (10 days overall from when I placed the order) is the longest I have taken to get any of my orders. The shipping is very creative and stealthy. I also pay the fee for the original seed breeder packaging, just so I have peace of mind about getting what I pay for. I have tried Bonza, and I was missing 1 seed, two other strains were mixed up in slots for other seeds (so I don't know which seeds are which) and they didn't send any of the freebies they were supposed to. I messaged them about it basically got ignored, so not to raise a stink....I will just give Seedsman my business. I will also occasionally use gorilla seeds for stuff that I want that I can't find on Seedsman. Good company, pretty fair prices, decent freebies and fairly quick shipping. A step below Seedsman in those departments in my book. My brother likes to use Seed Supreme....but I don't have any experience with them. If you want a link to North American seed banks.....check out this one.

Best USA Seed Bank - Oregon | Seeds Here Now

Pennywise is the one that introduced me to that site, but I haven't ordered from them yet.

Anyways, welcome to the end of this journal (though I will continue with it through out the clones growing for breeding), but the beginning of my journey growing this amazing plant! Glad to have you around Weednerd!

Alright folks, getting ready to chop down ATF 1. I think it will end up with the highest yield, it certainly has the most big buds of all 5 plants. I am not going to trim any of this one except for the large fan leaves. Just gonna wash the buds and hang em for a day or two and then go into the jars in the fridge for the slow and low dry. Will have more pictures later!!

Seedsman is great to me. Been dealing with them for 5 years now and the shipping is down to just 10 days instead of 2 or 3 weeks. I made an account and they always give me points om every order and use points om every order for maximum discounts. They even give you a bonus 100 points on your birthday. 100 points is like a dollar. Think of each point as a penny. I recommend making a profile as theyd treat you better instead of being a guest. Its free. And they send replacement seeds if you have any bad ones

Gotta get myself all caught up but can't wait to see what you've got on her......Gotta get myself caught up a lot lol. So with the fridge method, is it as basic as it sounds? Chop, hang to dry 2-3 days, jar and fridge for 2 weeks or so? Is their a schedule for burping jars or anything?

Gotta get myself all caught up but can't wait to see what you've got on her......Gotta get myself caught up a lot lol. So with the fridge method, is it as basic as it sounds? Chop, hang to dry 2-3 days, jar and fridge for 2 weeks or so? Is their a schedule for burping jars or anything?

Thats essentially as easy as it is. Many people if they have the fridge spaces will put the whole colas (trimmed or untrimmed) in paper bags and put in the fridge as soon as they cut them. Since I bud wash mine, I like to hang dry for a couple days and then cut and put to a jar and put in the fridge at that point. I have been bringing them out every 2 days and laying them on a tray and letting them air dry for an hour or so and then back in the fridge they go. From there, after a couple weeks of that, I will pull them out and jar cure for another month or so with daily burpings.

Wow, just finished ATF 1 chop and I gotta say I am very optimistic that this plant will be the biggest yielder by FAR. Not going to do a full trim on this harvest, just going to cut the large and small fan leaves off and will keep the sugar leaves on (again, experimenting to see if I can tell a difference...no need to make pretty if I am not selling my goods). Off to trimming I go! See you wonderful folks in an hour or two (or more...who the hell knows).

Makes for some good edibles otherwise I think we would trim less too. The atf was pretty badass plant

I agree Growchy. Of course I don't have a lot of strains to compare it to, but I have to certainly say I have been the most impressed with the ATF strain. I hope that the smoke is as good. They buds are certainly frosty! I am glad that I took clones and am going to breed it for lots and lots of seeds!! Ok, back to trimming!!

Thats essentially as easy as it is. Many people if they have the fridge spaces will put the whole colas (trimmed or untrimmed) in paper bags and put in the fridge as soon as they cut them. Since I bud wash mine, I like to hang dry for a couple days and then cut and put to a jar and put in the fridge at that point. I have been bringing them out every 2 days and laying them on a tray and letting them air dry for an hour or so and then back in the fridge they go. From there, after a couple weeks of that, I will pull them out and jar cure for another month or so with daily burpings.
Exactly how I needed to hear it. Thanks brother. For the new grow space, mini fridge is essential.

ATF #1 Harvest Update - Status.....COMPLETE!!

Ms Stank and I trimmed the harvest from ATF #1 tonight. Definitely the most weight. This plant had the densest and tightest buds of all the 5 plants. Can't wait to give her a try! Anyhow, here is what you all want to see.

20170802_211124.jpg

20170802_231602.jpg

20170802_231615.jpg

Thank you @VanStank and @AKGrower907 for the reassuring words about seedsman. I was asking as I have read a lot of conflicting things about seedsman(slow shipping, genetics being weak etc) so I always avoided them. The only strain of theirs I have is a Afghani but it was from "unreleased stock" as a freebie from herbies(these were given out for almost if not 3 years) and 90% of every grow was pitiful. People we're getting pissed as it wasn't even putting on weight late flower. So long story short I've used herbies exclusively till all major banks seemingly stopped taking CC. Yes, Bonza is shit I wouldn't use em. I also MUST have breeder packs. I also know of most US seedbanks but sadly about 90% at least only deal in their own stupid polyhybrid strains made of about 10+ diff genetics. I like my stuff pure and Indica 100% or as close as possible. Only US breeder I know of really is Hazeman and oldschool.ba with reeferman but that's the only US breeder I personally like. Though DJ Shorts son "JD Short" started breeding so once i try his offerings (I have a XBJ16 and Purple Terps) I'll know if he's worth following too. US banks don't offer real strains almost everythings a cross of a cross of a cross of a cross. Not interested.

I know I am late to the party but the next round will be just as fun. I love all aspects of this plant aside from the overtly complex haha so I am excited to see your progress with the dry+cure and clones etc. I'll hop in ya next thread and subsequent. I can't wait to check out that Blackberry . from Nirvana. I didn't know they had BB wasn't there last I looked. I can't wait to see them Humboldt and sweet genetics getting going too! ChemD . . Better late than never and very nice grow. Keep up the great work! ..

Also, beautiful harvest! I always wanted to grow MTF. The indica dom pheno anyway. Looks nice and light green. I've only ever had crosses with MTF as the parent when I smoked. Very nice light green looking nugs! . . . . .

ATF #2 Harvest update

So I let the buds I harvested from ATF #2 hang dry for 2 days and this morning I trimmed them and jarred them. This is the result of that plant. NOTE: I didn't bud wash the entire plant, I have about half a jar that wasn't washed. I had just short of three jars of washed buds. I am just curious if I can will be able to tell any difference between washed and unwashed when I go to smoke it. Also curious to see the drying and curing difference between washed and unwashed. I have to say that the ATF strain is definitely the stickiest of the 4 strains. Looking forward to jarring ATF #1 tomorrow and seeing how much I got.

20170803_125952.jpg

Good job van I have some ww auto seeds for you whenever you want them my friend

And I have two ATF clones for you as well. Its a terrible thing when you have more success than you counted on with your clones!!

:bravo::circle-of-love:

What a harvest!!! Well done, my man. Well done.

Back
Top Bottom