1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Yeah baby....wow! Haul looks amazing brother, what was that address again, lol!

This may be a dumb question, but why cheesecloth on the top of the jars and not their lids, just a time thing?

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Yeah baby....wow! Haul looks amazing brother, what was that address again, lol!

This may be a dumb question, but why cheesecloth on the top of the jars and not their lids, just a time thing?

Yeah letting it slow dry for like 2 weeks....then it will be replaced by the lids. So soon a couple of the strains will have their lid put on.

So I smoked a bud of the Durban Poison last night. WOW is all I could say. For the first time ever, I tasted my cannabis and the flavor profile. It was so freaking smooth, not even the slightest reaction to cough. Taste was really nice, can't really describe the flavors but what I can tell you is that I don't ever want to deal with the harshness of any of the other weed I have ever smoked. I don't know if that harshness (that I thought was normal for all weed), is caused by the nutes that growers use, but if it is, I will never grow with nutes. I am going to try the Blue Kush later today after Physical Therapy and I hope that the smoothness and taste is as pronounced with that strain as the Durban Poison.

As for effect....well I smoked cautiously last night. I have been warned about how strong Durban Poison can be so I just smoked a very small bud. The high was great. It was the first time I can say I wasn't more inclined to vegging on the couch. Granted I only had two hits, but my head was clear, I was very focused (played minecraft for a couple hours) and very stimulated instead of the general feeling of wanting to fade into the fabric of the couch. I am anxious to try three hits and see how the affect changes or multiplies. I could definitely see wanting to go on a hike with this strain. I seemed so much more aware, almost like a big cup of coffee. Can't say that it was great for the back, it did offer some relief early on in the high, but faded fairly quickly. Overall I think its a strain I will enjoy the smoke for the high and the functionality of the high, but not a great painkiller....at least not at the smaller intake level. I definitely must smoke again and smoke more to see the strength. There was no come down from the high, just a slow fade from the first hour. It wasn't a real long lasting high, especially from the small amount I tried, so i am hoping that more will increase the length. But I loved that there was no crash/hangover type feeling that I seem to get from other strains. It also seemed like it would be a great strain for both social outings or just doing your own thing. Not a lot of stuff I have smoked is stuff I want to be around other people while I am high, but this stuff is one strain I can definitely see socializing with other smokers or none smokers alike. Overall I love the type of attentive and focused high, and I love the taste and smoothness of the smoke. (And as someone that hates to inhale any type of smoke in general....thats saying a lot). It was so freaking cool to smoke my first bowl of my own home grown ganja!! I am looking forward to how the smoke will change as it cures over the next month or two. Now I know I don't have a lot of smoking experience to compare this to, but from a non-medical standpoint, this is probably my favorite functioning high/strain.

Yeah letting it slow dry for like 2 weeks....then it will be replaced by the lids. So soon a couple of the strains will have their lid put on.

So I smoked a bud of the Durban Poison last night. WOW is all I could say. For the first time ever, I tasted my cannabis and the flavor profile. It was so freaking smooth, not even the slightest reaction to cough. Taste was really nice, can't really describe the flavors but what I can tell you is that I don't ever want to deal with the harshness of any of the other weed I have ever smoked. I don't know if that harshness (that I thought was normal for all weed), is caused by the nutes that growers use, but if it is, I will never grow with nutes. I am going to try the Blue Kush later today after Physical Therapy and I hope that the smoothness and taste is as pronounced with that strain as the Durban Poison.

As for effect....well I smoked cautiously last night. I have been warned about how strong Durban Poison can be so I just smoked a very small bud. The high was great. It was the first time I can say I wasn't more inclined to vegging on the couch. Granted I only had two hits, but my head was clear, I was very focused (played minecraft for a couple hours) and very stimulated instead of the general feeling of wanting to fade into the fabric of the couch. I am anxious to try three hits and see how the affect changes or multiplies. I could definitely see wanting to go on a hike with this strain. I seemed so much more aware, almost like a big cup of coffee. Can't say that it was great for the back, it did offer some relief early on in the high, but faded fairly quickly. Overall I think its a strain I will enjoy the smoke for the high and the functionality of the high, but not a great painkiller....at least not at the smaller intake level. I definitely must smoke again and smoke more to see the strength. There was no come down from the high, just a slow fade from the first hour. It wasn't a real long lasting high, especially from the small amount I tried, so i am hoping that more will increase the length. But I loved that there was no crash/hangover type feeling that I seem to get from other strains. It also seemed like it would be a great strain for both social outings or just doing your own thing. Not a lot of stuff I have smoked is stuff I want to be around other people while I am high, but this stuff is one strain I can definitely see socializing with other smokers or none smokers alike. Overall I love the type of attentive and focused high, and I love the taste and smoothness of the smoke. (And as someone that hates to inhale any type of smoke in general....thats saying a lot). It was so freaking cool to smoke my first bowl of my own home grown ganja!! I am looking forward to how the smoke will change as it cures over the next month or two. Now I know I don't have a lot of smoking experience to compare this to, but from a non-medical standpoint, this is probably my favorite functioning high/strain.
Yeah theirs certainly a huge amount of pride involved with planting, growing and harvesting these ladies. I'm loving my new found hobby too brother! Also loving the non harshness of the flush.....you got to skip that step lol. I'm loving the idea of the Kindsoil, I'll have to pick your brain about it a bit further.

Yeah theirs certainly a huge amount of pride involved with planting, growing and harvesting these ladies. I'm loving my new found hobby too brother! Also loving the non harshness of the flush.....you got to skip that step lol. I'm loving the idea of the Kindsoil, I'll have to pick your brain about it a bit further.

Well any questions you have, please feel free to ask. Granted I have no grows to compare it to, but I can't imagine an easier grow than with KindSoil. I know some people (like my brother) love the feeding and nutrition aspect of growing (ironically he hates the training which is something I love), but it seems so complicated....especially if you are dealing with multiple strains. This strain likes this PPM strength while this strain is showing this affect so you have to adjust the nutes up or down to accommodate that strain. With KindSoil, plant, water with pH of 6.3-7.0 every 4-6 days depending on the size of your pot and the size of the plant, and let the plant do its thing. It really is that freaking easy. Now I will say that I don't think it yields as high as those that grow with nutes, but I expect off of initial weights for me to bring in about 12 ounces total when its dried. Its a bit short of my 1 lb goal, but I am still more than ok with 12 ounces from my little 4x4 tent.

Yeah I loved not having to flush and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smoothness of the smoke. I hate that i have to wait to finish Physical Therapy before either smoking more Durban Poison or trying the Blue Kush. LOL....honestly I want more of the Durban, but I also want to try the Blue Kush (60% Sativa, 40% Indica) to see the flavor and smoothness of the smoke. Its going to be hard to wait to try the ATF. Dude, it is so freaking sticky its impossible to handle. Oh and I found about 7 or 8 seeds in the ATF. I bet I had some pollen on me from that ATF 4 male that I didn't know about. But thats ok, I think I might know someone that might like some ATF seeds.

That seals it. Durban Poison is definitely going in my shopping cart.

That seals it. Durban Poison is definitely going in my shopping cart.

If you want to be able to do stuff...this is the ticket. I was just reading reviews on the smoke and my effects pretty much match all the reviews to a "T". I used to wonder how my brother could go to class (college) high. All the other strains I have tried make focusing almost impossible, until I tried this. I could definitely see using it to pay attention. Did I say I was excited to smoke it again??

Durban Poison is one of my all time favorite strains, would love to see some cured bud shots of your DP if you get a chance! Congrats on the harvest btw! :high-five:

Let me see what I have that might do the trick for you GroZone. I can tell you after the little bitty nugget I had last night, Durban Poison catapulted itself to the top of my list for an enjoyment perspective. Again, not necessarily great for the pain, but I loved everything else about it!

Durban Poison is one of my all time favorite strains, would love to see some cured bud shots of your DP if you get a chance! Congrats on the harvest btw! :high-five:

Per your request GroZone

20170804_174607.jpg

20170804_174550.jpg

20170804_174809.jpg

20170804_174714.jpg

20170804_174640.jpg

Looks real good VS! I sure do love me some frosty durban! :circle-of-love:
I wish I could find some DP cuts around here, since I much prefer the turn around time of starting from clone, but no luck as of yet.

Again, I can't tell you how smooth this was. For someone with limited exposure to smoking prior to my injury, this blows everything else out of the water. Now its not as strong as some other stuff I had, stuff that to me was too strong and basically incapacitated me, but this is definitely my favorite high. Going to try the Blue Kush tonight, which was my biggest disappointment from a yield perspective. Only about 55 grams dried to this point. The Durban yielded right at 80 grams. I might lose one more gram during the cure, but not much more than that. I think both the ATF strains will be over 100 grams or close to it.

ATF #1 Harvest Update

Finally got all of ATF #1 trimmed and into jars for the slow and low dry and cure. Definitely the biggest producer and I am sure it will be over 100 grams, probably close to 120 grams when its done drying. And man is that ATF sticky....both plants. I will certainly look forward to growing the ATF strain again. And low and behold, look what we found on the ATF plants. I guess that ATF #4 managed to sow a little bit of his seed even being downstairs. We haven't gone through all of ATF #1 looking for seeds yet, only the jar of ATF #1 No Bud Wash. So I expect to see find more seeds in a few days when the buds have dried a little bit more.

20170805_182938.jpg

20170805_183041.jpg

God dam van that's some good nuggets I'd be willing to take those on the chin lol

LOL, we can just swap some ATF for some WW and call it good. No need for anyone to take it on the chin!

Excellent smoke report! Those buds look awesome you really did very well with your first grow brother! ATF defo yielded a lot that's quite a few jars full! Everyone keeps inticing me with the low and slow method of drying. We will have to try that on harvest after next, we're def running out of meds before the next ones ready . again Great Job Bro!

Everyone keeps inticing me with the low and slow method of drying. We will have to try that on harvest after next, we're def running out of meds before the next ones ready . again Great Job Bro!

Uh oh. The man and I were just talking about how much I had this morning and if it would get me through to the next harvest. I think not. :( His suggestion is a trip as I near the end of my buds to go strain hunting. I can keep myself medicated for a few days and go strain hunting for my next seed purchases at the same time. :slide:

I love that man. :circle-of-love:

ATF #1 Harvest Update

Finally got all of ATF #1 trimmed and into jars for the slow and low dry and cure. Definitely the biggest producer and I am sure it will be over 100 grams, probably close to 120 grams when its done drying. And man is that ATF sticky....both plants. I will certainly look forward to growing the ATF strain again. And low and behold, look what we found on the ATF plants. I guess that ATF #4 managed to sow a little bit of his seed even being downstairs. We haven't gone through all of ATF #1 looking for seeds yet, only the jar of ATF #1 No Bud Wash. So I expect to see find more seeds in a few days when the buds have dried a little bit more.

20170805_182938.jpg

20170805_183041.jpg

Congrats on a great harvest, Van! One thing I'd suggest is to break those buds up into at least twice the number of jars. Before my harvest, I'd read that jars should be no more than half full. I used brown lunch sized bags in fridge so that I could lay them on their sides and spread the bud out to get air to each bud. When I went to jars, I only filled them a quarter so I could lay them on their sides and again, spread them out to expose the most surface area possible.

Even then, my Blueberry seemed more dense and in one jar with larger buds I noticed a few tiny spots of mold. I carefully trimmed it off, let air dry for a few hours spread out on a screen, and back in a bag in fridge for another four days. Then back in the jar(cleaned out with alcohol). They are dried and cure is well under way. They look great.

Just thought I'd share that as I'd hate to see you loose any to mold.

Back
Top Bottom