1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Van...pennywise's suggestion to use a paper bag is a good one. I don't put into refrigerator but use bags or cardboard box like a large shoe/boot box with a few holes in it. Works well for my 2nd stage cure after hanging entire plant for 1st phase. I don't jar until after my 2 stages. By then little burping is needed. Old style but still working fine. :Namaste:

How big of holes would you suggest in the boxes? My goal is to do the dry and cure slow so I retain everything I can from it. I don't care if it takes 2 months if it means better quality. I will always pick quality over speed or quantity.

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Yeah I would like to get a fridge to be able to do that, not really sure its an option with my current fridge and everything in it. I suppose I could jar them and bring them with me to burp LOL
The fridge is a great way, low n slow
Just put em in paper sacks, or jars with cheese cloth over them, put em in the crisper drawers, and yer good for a week or two

Is the only way I dry mine now

The fridge is a great way, low n slow
Just put em in paper sacks, or jars with cheese cloth over them, put em in the crisper drawers, and yer good for a week or two

Is the only way I dry mine now

Ultimately that is the goal Scorpio, and eventually I will get a fridge that I can use for that purpose. Not really much of an option for this harvest (I am one of those people that loves to cook and eat and I keep my fridge full of food....and not willing to throw any of my grub away for the harvest room). So I am doing it by hanging it in the cardboard boxes this time around.

Thank you been looking for years since I heard of it I will try them and continue my search much appreciated

Thank you been looking for years since I heard of it I will try them and continue my search much appreciated

It has worked wonders for my back pain Beefy. Can't wait to try the medicine I have grown to see if it has the same relief as the strain I bought when I was out in Seattle. I have been very pleased with how its grown so far!

I too agree with Pennywise. Too soon to jar them even if you burp regularly, it's likely gonna be 100% humidity in there.

I did the low & slow dry in the fridge and it worked great. Headed out of town, I think it's your safest bet.

I used lunch size brown bags and separated up the bud into smallish batches, put in bags with Boveda packs, labeled the bags and put them in a crisper drawer.

Ultimately that is the goal Scorpio, and eventually I will get a fridge that I can use for that purpose. Not really much of an option for this harvest (I am one of those people that loves to cook and eat and I keep my fridge full of food....and not willing to throw any of my grub away for the harvest room). So I am doing it by hanging it in the cardboard boxes this time around.
I love to cook, why I have 2 fridges, I also have a keg-o-rater which is what I use now

I'd sacrifice some veggies for Blueberry, but that's me

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In

I love to cook, why I have 2 fridges, I also have a keg-o-rater which is what I use now

I'd sacrifice some veggies for Blueberry, but that's me

Well now with three strains harvested, I would need a lot of room LOL. I guess that is a terrible problem to have!! Gotta say, i love the smell of the Blueberry!!

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In

Well now with three strains harvested, I would need a lot of room LOL. I guess that is a terrible problem to have!! Gotta say, i love the smell of the Blueberry!!
My Blueberry is a ways off....

Get a fridge, the quality of the smoke , low n slow, is worth it

No worries Beefy, thanks for stopping in brother! Stick around, will be harvesting the ATF in a week or two.

Awesome I'm a new member just getting to the party going to stick around till the end. Just going to sit back a chill bud.

That is great van stank I have back pain also was in a car accident when I was 17 broke my back and shattered my femur looking for the right strain doing a mob grow now

How big of holes would you suggest in the boxes? My goal is to do the dry and cure slow so I retain everything I can from it. I don't care if it takes 2 months if it means better quality. I will always pick quality over speed or quantity.

Holes don't have to be big...as long as some air can get in. I open them up every day or so for a few minutes. To start I always hang the entire plant, which slows the 1st stages of curing more than when the stems are cut off & then hanged. The secondary box stage lasts until they're dry enough to trim. I've never wet trimmed. CareStaker did some research on how wet trim can promote hay smell that made sense to me.

Awesome I'm a new member just getting to the party going to stick around till the end. Just going to sit back a chill bud.

Well you came to the right place. If you have any questions, we have a lot of experienced growers on this thread and site in general. Glad to have you here buddy, you are right up the road from me (Mass). Though I suppose if you in northern Maine, you are a bit further than right up the road LOL.

Yeah way North I can see Canada from my house and I always love to have more knowledge from other growers to see I there is a different way of doing my grow and I always love to do side by side and try new things

Clone update

Ok, I know not really a lot of interest in the clone update while I have a harvest going on, but I am going to throw it in there anyways since Ms Stank said she didn't get enough bud trimming from the Blueberry and wants me to wait until she gets home from work to cut the other two girls up. Anyways, here is where the clone situation stands.

The first three clones that I struggled to get rooted are doing great. I transplanted them into 2 gallon smart pots right before I left town to take care of a family mess. They are loving their new homes and will get watered again tomorrow. That was one Durban Poison, one Blue Kush, one ATF 2 clone. These three will be cross bred with the ATF 4 male I took 2 clones from to make more ATF seeds, a BK Thunderfuck strain, and an Alaskan Poison strain.

Durban Poison Clone
072617_DP2_1.jpg

072617_DP2_2.jpg

Blue Kush Clone
072617_BK_2_1.jpg

072617_BK_2_2.jpg

ATF 2 Clone
072617_ATF_2_1.jpg

072617_ATF_2_2.jpg

072617_ATF_2_3.jpg
072617_ATF_2_3.jpg

Now since I was struggling to get those to root, I took the clones from flower around days 20-23 because I wasn't sure they were going to take. Those kind of stalled for a while and were a really ugly plant with lots of twisted leaves and single leaves. I though they were going to be loss as well but just like the book I read on taking clones from day 21 flower plants said, they have exploded with new growth. They are so thick and have developed so many branches with absolutely zero training that I am amazed. I took 3 ATF 2 clones (had less of the sativa look and more indica influence to the plant but was the biggest grower other than the ATF 4 male), 2 ATF 1 clones (much more typical Sativa looking leaves and has really outpaced the ATF 2 plant since going into flower) and 1 Blueberry clone which I took even a bit later in the flower and it is struggling to get out of the funk of the flower stage.

Here are the three ATF 2 clones (ATF 2-1, ATF 2-2, and ATF 2-3)
ATF 2-1
072617_ATF_2-1_1.jpg

072617_ATF_2-1_2.jpg

072617_ATF_2-1_3.jpg

ATF 2-2
072617_ATF_2-2_1.jpg

072617_ATF_2-2_2.jpg

ATF 2-3
072617_ATF_2-3_1.jpg

072617_ATF_2-3_2.jpg

Here are the two ATF 1 clones (ATF 1-1 and ATF 1-2). Maybe some day I will get creative and come up with women names for my plants but I wouldn't bet on it.
ATF 1-1
072617_ATF_1-1_1.jpg

072617_ATF_1-1_2.jpg

ATF 1-2
072617_ATF_1-2_1.jpg

072617_ATF_1-2_2.jpg

And here is the sad looking Blueberry. Now I am not counting her out. Depending on how she turns out, I will be cross breeding her for a Blue Thunderfuck strain.

072617_Blueberry_1.jpg

072617_Blueberry_2.jpg

Here are the Trichomes on the Blue Kush and the Durban Poison

Blue Kush
20170726_112618.jpg

20170726_112656.jpg

Durban Poison (pardon my very shaky hand)
20170726_112709.jpg

20170726_112838.jpg
Now is that 100 percent perilite you use or something else been seeing that alot me I have only used pro-mix from Lowe's but I would like to try a side by side medium test

The experimentation part of growing is the biggest draw to me aside from the pain relief cannabis provides me. I love to try different things with growing and one of the things I love about 420 magazine and how different it is from everywhere else on the web is how open minded the people are here. No one bashes you for offering up a different perspective or for trying something different. They might not want to do it themselves, but I have never seen anyone say "you are stupid, why would you do that?" I love that acceptance that there is here to new things and new ideas.

Now is that 100 percent perilite you use or something else been seeing that alot me I have only used pro-mix from Lowe's but I would like to try a side by side medium test

NO, that is a layer of Gnat Nix to keep any gnats from getting into my roots. I saw a couple on one of my insect traps and I went into full blown panic mode. The Gnat Nix keeps them from getting down into the soil. So any Gnats that might have been in the soil, will die in the soil and no more Gnats can get down into the soil. Then I have also been spraying the veg clones with Neem oil every other day.

Yes my feelings exactly I love that everyone can pass knowledge around without judgement and just help each other with tips or some constructive criticism is always good when I'm doing something wrong or something right I like to be told straight up so I can work on it or keep doing the right thing

Back
Top Bottom