1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Good luck with your surgery, I'm post op on my second surgery and the outcome gets worse and worse. I'm watching my future earning capabilities slowly dissipate as I get worse lol if I don't start getting better the surgeon wants to put dead people parts in me... not cool .

Sorry brother. What did you have operated on? Me and Ms Stank have been chatting about a career change because I don't think i will ever be able to go back to dealing with my line of work. Just way too physical and way too heavy stuff and the hours are way too long. I probably could do it if was 8 hours. But my work days are 12-16 hours and sometimes 20 days in row. When I was healthy it was rough. 100 hour weeks were common. I just can't see doing it with how my back is....so I gotta figure something else if the surgery doesn't work....and even then, they say it will only give 6-10 months of relief.

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Tent Update - Flower Day 69, 61 since hairs appeared

The tent looks a little empty without the Blueberry in the middle. As you see she really didn't take up much space so I expect the others to yield more. I will be taking down another girl today. Just gotta look at the Trichomes again and figure which of the two it will be. Will have pictures later tonight of the newest harvest. Gotta find out if Ms Stank wants to do some more trimming with me or if she has gotten her fill LOL.

ATF Update - The ATF girls are closing in to their end as well. They are on day 61 of a 70-75 day flower. Tent is going to be really empty soon!!

20170725_090253.jpg

Pictures of the Clones coming shortly

Congrats on your on going harvest, all of those girls looking mighty chunky! Nothing better than hanging those freshly harvested plants and smelling that fresh cut grass smell. Then it slowly dries and cures and those wonderful terpenes come out and the smells get delicious. Again well done my friend, I bet you'll love the smoke! Nothing like smoking weed that you grew and harvested!!!

Clone update

Ok, I know not really a lot of interest in the clone update while I have a harvest going on, but I am going to throw it in there anyways since Ms Stank said she didn't get enough bud trimming from the Blueberry and wants me to wait until she gets home from work to cut the other two girls up. Anyways, here is where the clone situation stands.

The first three clones that I struggled to get rooted are doing great. I transplanted them into 2 gallon smart pots right before I left town to take care of a family mess. They are loving their new homes and will get watered again tomorrow. That was one Durban Poison, one Blue Kush, one ATF 2 clone. These three will be cross bred with the ATF 4 male I took 2 clones from to make more ATF seeds, a BK Thunderfuck strain, and an Alaskan Poison strain.

Durban Poison Clone
072617_DP2_1.jpg

072617_DP2_2.jpg

Blue Kush Clone
072617_BK_2_1.jpg

072617_BK_2_2.jpg

ATF 2 Clone
072617_ATF_2_1.jpg

072617_ATF_2_2.jpg

072617_ATF_2_3.jpg
072617_ATF_2_3.jpg

Now since I was struggling to get those to root, I took the clones from flower around days 20-23 because I wasn't sure they were going to take. Those kind of stalled for a while and were a really ugly plant with lots of twisted leaves and single leaves. I though they were going to be loss as well but just like the book I read on taking clones from day 21 flower plants said, they have exploded with new growth. They are so thick and have developed so many branches with absolutely zero training that I am amazed. I took 3 ATF 2 clones (had less of the sativa look and more indica influence to the plant but was the biggest grower other than the ATF 4 male), 2 ATF 1 clones (much more typical Sativa looking leaves and has really outpaced the ATF 2 plant since going into flower) and 1 Blueberry clone which I took even a bit later in the flower and it is struggling to get out of the funk of the flower stage.

Here are the three ATF 2 clones (ATF 2-1, ATF 2-2, and ATF 2-3)
ATF 2-1
072617_ATF_2-1_1.jpg

072617_ATF_2-1_2.jpg

072617_ATF_2-1_3.jpg

ATF 2-2
072617_ATF_2-2_1.jpg

072617_ATF_2-2_2.jpg

ATF 2-3
072617_ATF_2-3_1.jpg

072617_ATF_2-3_2.jpg

Here are the two ATF 1 clones (ATF 1-1 and ATF 1-2). Maybe some day I will get creative and come up with women names for my plants but I wouldn't bet on it.
ATF 1-1
072617_ATF_1-1_1.jpg

072617_ATF_1-1_2.jpg

ATF 1-2
072617_ATF_1-2_1.jpg

072617_ATF_1-2_2.jpg

And here is the sad looking Blueberry. Now I am not counting her out. Depending on how she turns out, I will be cross breeding her for a Blue Thunderfuck strain.

072617_Blueberry_1.jpg

072617_Blueberry_2.jpg

Here are the Trichomes on the Blue Kush and the Durban Poison

Blue Kush
20170726_112618.jpg

20170726_112656.jpg

Durban Poison (pardon my very shaky hand)
20170726_112709.jpg

20170726_112838.jpg

Dude those clones look excellent, the next generation of stank babies has arrived! Looks like you've got some delicious amber going on in there, should be a nice smoke . you guys did really well with that atfuck lol

Dude those clones look excellent, the next generation of stank babies has arrived! Looks like you've got some delicious amber going on in there, should be a nice smoke . you guys did really well with that atfuck lol

You know its so funny. Going into flower, I just knew ATF 2 was going to produce the best. I though ATF 1 would be ok, but man was I wrong. ATF 2 has no where the size and thickness that ATF 1 has. I have been a little disappointed in ATF 2 in flower (now don't mistake that as I am disappointed in her....just her flower didn't produce like I thought her veg indicated she would). Guess you never know!!! Also, the leaf difference that ATF 1 showed in flower was extremely interesting. I would have never guessed there would have been that much of a leaf difference between 1 and 2 when I was in veg.

You know its so funny. Going into flower, I just knew ATF 2 was going to produce the best. I though ATF 1 would be ok, but man was I wrong. ATF 2 has no where the size and thickness that ATF 1 has. I have been a little disappointed in ATF 2 in flower (now don't mistake that as I am disappointed in her....just her flower didn't produce like I thought her veg indicated she would). Guess you never know!!! Also, the leaf difference that ATF 1 showed in flower was extremely interesting. I would have never guessed there would have been that much of a leaf difference between 1 and 2 when I was in veg.

lol! Same thing happened to me with two sets of sisters in two strains. The ones I didn't expect much from ended up surpassing their sisters and proved me wrong.

I am looking thru my grow and comparing everything I did to each plant to try to figure out how my defoliation, training, etc may have played a role in this.

I'm flowering two Blueberry Kush clones now, one that was topped and trained and the other was super cropped. I did a great deal of defol on my first run. This run I'm just training and removing just the leaves needed to expose lower colas to light and keep decent air flow.

At this point in about 10 years I might know sumthin!

lol! Same thing happened to me with two sets of sisters in two strains. The ones I didn't expect much from ended up surpassing their sisters and proved me wrong.

I am looking thru my grow and comparing everything I did to each plant to try to figure out how my defoliation, training, etc may have played a role in this.

I'm flowering two Blueberry Kush clones now, one that was topped and trained and the other was super cropped. I did a great deal of defol on my first run. This run I'm just training and removing just the leaves needed to expose lower colas to light and keep decent air flow.

At this point in about 10 years I might know sumthin!

I will take a look back at mine and see what I did differently. I know I did supercropping on one and LST on the other. Both received various toppings/FIMMINGS. Will have to file the differences away for future uses and comparisons.

I'm still getting my head around the fact that this your first grow, fuck my first plant made 12 Gs dry, lmao. Not that I like admitting that..... Your girls are looking phenomenal! What's the white substance you're growing in,or is it a layer of perlite? Are you still using the kindsoil for round 2?

I'm still getting my head around the fact that this your first grow, fuck my first plant made 12 Gs dry, lmao. Not that I like admitting that..... Your girls are looking phenomenal! What's the white substance you're growing in,or is it a layer of perlite? Are you still using the kindsoil for round 2?

The layer of white stuff around the clones is Gnat Nix. I had a few Gnats show up early on with the clones and I don't take chances with my girls, so lots of Neem oil and Gnat nix. Its a layer about a 1/4" to a 1/2" on top of the soil. It prevents any gnats from getting into the dirt to eat the roots or any that might be in there from getting out and they will die.

All the clones are in KindSoil at this point. I made up about 48 gallons of living organic soil to try to grow in, but its not ready yet so I will keep the clones in there for now. If I have to transplant up a pot size, I will probably try my own soil. There is a link in my signature to my soil experiment.

And lastly thank you for the compliment. As my old man used to say, tis better to be lucky than good.

Harvest Day 2 Update

So last night, Ms Stank and I cut down the Durban Poison and the Blue Kush. We spent about 5 hours total on the harvest. Things went really well except I was disappointed with the firmness of the Blue Kush. Don't get me wrong, she was frosty but the buds seemed a lot on the light side. The Durban Poison was far more compact and firm. Overall I have been pretty pleased with the results thus far. I have the two ATFs left to harvest in another 7-14 days. Here is what everyone wants to see!

Durban Poison Harvest
072617_DP_Harvest_1.jpg

072617_DP_Harvest_3.jpg

072617_DP_Harvest_6.jpg

072617_DP_Harvest_4.jpg

And here is my Blue Kush. There were a lot more buds that I just threw in with the trim because they were popcorn buds.
072617_Blue_Kush_Harvest_2.jpg

072617_Blue_Kush_Harvest_1.jpg

072617_Blue_Kush_Harvest_3.jpg

072617_Blue_Kush_Harvest_4.jpg

You're gonna have a really sweet stash when its done curing, fantastic job Van!

You're gonna have a really sweet stash when its done curing, fantastic job Van!

Thanks PW, its been an experience. I am kind of worried about my first harvest, the Blueberry. I don't really want to leave it hanging while we go visit family this week, but I can't really jar it because I won't be here Saturday at all to burp it. I also don't want to leave it hang drying the whole time that we are away either. I have a feeling it would have it drier than I want it to be (Going for the slow cure). Any thoughts PW or others?

Im putting mine in brown paper bags and drying in my fridge. Takes as long as 2 weeks to dry at those temps. May want to try it at least until you get back.

Yeah I would like to get a fridge to be able to do that, not really sure its an option with my current fridge and everything in it. I suppose I could jar them and bring them with me to burp LOL

Van...pennywise's suggestion to use a paper bag is a good one. I don't put into refrigerator but use bags or cardboard box like a large shoe/boot box with a few holes in it. Works well for my 2nd stage cure after hanging entire plant for 1st phase. I don't jar until after my 2 stages. By then little burping is needed. Old style but still working fine. :Namaste:

Where did you find the Alaskan thunder fuck I have been looking to grow that strain.

I got my ATF seeds (regular not feminized) through the Neptune Seed bank. The breeder was Twisty Treat Seeds. They sold out shortly after I got my seeds. ATF seeds are hard to find, very hard to find....especially the Sativa Dominant variety. Its another reason why I am breeding for seeds as well as cross breeding strains.

Back
Top Bottom