1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Lol these new phones have stability features that kick ass but if you take a volume of pictures like me you'll get a few nice ones lol. But he does take some really sweet close ups. Might have to do with the amazing flowers he started out with .

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Lol these new phones have stability features that kick ass but if you take a volume of pictures like me you'll get a few nice ones lol. But he does take some really sweet close ups. Might have to do with the amazing flowers he started out with .

I was trying to use my loupe on a cell phone last night to get some trichome pictures.....apparently my cell phone doesn't have those stability features. I wasn't pleased with the results. But I saw that the girls aren't ready to be cut up quite yet.

They make some magnifiers for the cell phones they work okay but still shakey. The USB microscopes are the shittttttttt

Do you have any links to any you would recommend?

The one I have is 8 bucks real cheap and effective enough to see what you need to see so now there a couple options cheap and inexpensive enough lol
420-magazine-mobile1658760570.jpg

I meant the USB microscope thing that you talked about. I have one of those things like you just posted. Its the thing that is really jerky and not very stable. It lets me see what I want, but I gotta work at it and its not great for pictures cause any movement throws it out of focus.

Reeaaaaallly late to the show, but subscribed ;)

Looking good fella!

Thanks Mono, glad you decided to drop in and welcome.

The one I have is 8 bucks real cheap and effective enough to see what you need to see so now there a couple options cheap and inexpensive enough lol
420-magazine-mobile1658760570.jpg

I have one of these but it only allows focus on a very small area with the rest of trichs fuzzy. I picked up a jewelers loupe... 30 and 60x and it works well when I can steady the bud and my hand. Between the two I've been able to watch the trichs progress. I'm gonna pick up a USB microscope and should be covered.

I have one of these but it only allows focus on a very small area with the rest of trichs fuzzy. I picked up a jewelers loupe... 30 and 60x and it works well when I can steady the bud and my hand. Between the two I've been able to watch the trichs progress. I'm gonna pick up a USB microscope and should be covered.

I just ordered the one that Scorpio recommended. It was 40 bucks. Should get it in a day or so. I am looking forward to trying it out. One thing I did notice is that the way the lights hit the trichomes affects the color I saw through the loupe. I turned the LEDs off and used the light on the loupe and it gave a more accurate color for the trichomes.

My LED messes with the coloring, too. The best way for me to look is to catch it right before lights on lights out, and use a regular incandescent light.

I just ordered the one that Scorpio recommended. It was 40 bucks. Should get it in a day or so. I am looking forward to trying it out. One thing I did notice is that the way the lights hit the trichomes affects the color I saw through the loupe. I turned the LEDs off and used the light on the loupe and it gave a more accurate color for the trichomes.
If u have a tripod Van, set it up like a boom for the Camera.
Makes it real stable. I clamped a selfy type stick for my GoPro on a tripod so I can extend out like 2' and up and down
Easy to get to plants in back of tent
Also a USB extension. It has like a 6' one , I added a 12' I had. Makes it easy to manuver the camera and keep the laptop in a stable spot

Good advice there....thank you!

If u have a tripod Van, set it up like a boom for the Camera.
Makes it real stable. I clamped a selfy type stick for my GoPro on a tripod so I can extend out like 2' and up and down
Easy to get to plants in back of tent
Also a USB extension. It has like a 6' one , I added a 12' I had. Makes it easy to manuver the camera and keep the laptop in a stable spot

I do have a tripod for my Nikon, not sure if it is compatible, but certainly worth looking into when I get the microscope delivered. I was smart in how I set my harvest. The 2 ATF plants, the longer flowering strains at 70-75 days, are on one side of the tent. Once I am done with my shorter harvest strains (55-60 days), I can simply spin the tent for easy access.

I am definitely looking forward to experimenting with this though and seeing what I can do with it.

I do have a tripod for my Nikon, not sure if it is compatible, but certainly worth looking into when I get the microscope delivered. I was smart in how I set my harvest. The 2 ATF plants, the longer flowering strains at 70-75 days, are on one side of the tent. Once I am done with my shorter harvest strains (55-60 days), I can simply spin the tent for easy access.

I am definitely looking forward to experimenting with this though and seeing what I can do with it.
Ya can't mount the zOrb per-say ya gotta Mcguiver it

Clamped stick to tripod and rubber bands to keep camera on stick

DIALED!!!!.
420-magazine-mobile1506371226.jpg

Ok, gotcha, I am sure I can come up with something. Thanks Scorpio!

Flower Day 59/51 Update.

Main tent update - Watered the girls this morning. This will probably be one of the last if not the last watering for the Blue Kush and Blueberry. The Durban Poison probably only has one more in her as well. Starting to see a more milky trichomes in all the early harvest strains. ATFs still have about 20-25 days left til harvest. Will likely be harvesting the early crops within the next 5-7 days.

Clone Tent - Transplanted the first 3 original clones into 2 gallon smart pots and topped it with Gnat Nix (Just to be safe). Watered the other clones in there as well

ATF 4 Clones - So all 5 of the ATF 4 clones I took rooted (12 days) and I picked the two best ones and transplanted them into solo cups for a week or two. Threw the rest of the male clones away. Will also be be throwing away the original ATF 4 plant to free up some room, he was too big.

ATF 3 Outdoor plant - He is standing over 6 feet tall now. Absolutely amazing how big and fast they grow in the sun.

Tent Day 59, 51 Since hairs appeared
20170716_153249.jpg

20170716_153305.jpg

Buds Pics
20170716_153317.jpg

20170716_153331.jpg

20170716_153345.jpg

20170716_153419.jpg

20170716_153427.jpg

20170716_153439.jpg

20170716_153450.jpg

20170716_153536.jpg