1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kindsoil

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Aint that nuts how you will work hard all week doing brutal work and your fine but let you just twist the wrong way while carrying a pack of gum and instantly throw your back out

I don't mean to be crude here, but for me there are two parts of my day that I least look forward to. The first one is washing my feet in the shower. Having to bend over and twist slightly causes ALOT of discomfort in my back. The worst thing (and again, not meaning to be crude) is wiping my bum after dropping a deuce. The twisting and bending is the worst pain except when I do something unusual or if i have to overuse my back (like making my big batch of soil I just did or shoveling snow). I despise having to wash my feet and wipe my bum. I would never have thought that those two acts would be so painful.

Re: 1st Grow - Alaskan Thunderfuck x4 - Durban Poison - Blue Kush & Blueberry In Kind

Yeah, like most things there are a great many opinions on the ideal stage to harvest. I've heard you want half amber trichs, others say all cloudy is best... I don't know and I don't have the time nor energy to test different stages on three different strains. I know I want couch lock out of my indica so am going day by day but I think it's ready to go this weekend... 80% amber trichomes on sugar leaves and about 30% on buds themselves. 90% of the rest of trichs are cloudy. I still have some clear on lower bids and because tops decided to start popping calyxes again the last three days.

I chopped a Durban Poison on the 4th and it was early but had a couple buds presenting bud rot. It had mostly cloudy on buds with maybe 10% amber. I've smoked DP from this plants grandmother and it was super heady and very potent... so I'm actually glad I chopped a bit early. It's a nice working buzz. I quick dried and made oil with 1 1/2 ounces and it's a nice mix of head and body effects. I'm happy with it for daytime.

I'll let you know or you can check my journal when I process the Blueberry Kush. Looking forward to getting some good deep sleep again... been going without so I had some on hand if I really need it.

Just wait till you see the difference between smoking/vaping and full extract oil. You'll be blown away. At least I hope you get the improvement in quality of life that I have!

I don't have a lot of experience with different strains and out of those I have no idea what point of the harvest they were taken. So thats why I intend to experiment with it and see if it effects the pain killing benefits of the different strains. I won't know until I know, and only one way to find out! But I will take a majority of the harvest at the recommended point of mixed milky and amber trichomes.

Yeah, like most things there are a great many opinions on the ideal stage to harvest. I've heard you want half amber trichs, others say all cloudy is best... I don't know and I don't have the time nor energy to test different stages on three different strains. I know I want couch lock out of my indica so am going day by day but I think it's ready to go this weekend... 80% amber trichomes on sugar leaves and about 30% on buds themselves. 90% of the rest of trichs are cloudy. I still have some clear on lower bids and because tops decided to start popping calyxes again the last three days.

I chopped a Durban Poison on the 4th and it was early but had a couple buds presenting bud rot. It had mostly cloudy on buds with maybe 10% amber. I've smoked DP from this plants grandmother and it was super heady and very potent... so I'm actually glad I chopped a bit early. It's a nice working buzz. I quick dried and made oil with 1 1/2 ounces and it's a nice mix of head and body effects. I'm happy with it for daytime.

I'll let you know or you can check my journal when I process the Blueberry Kush. Looking forward to getting some good deep sleep again... been going without so I had some on hand if I really need it.

Just wait till you see the difference between smoking/vaping and full extract oil. You'll be blown away. At least I hope you get the improvement in quality of life that I have!
So you kinda left us hanging, lol. I'm a smoker.....does the full extract oil differ? You mean dabs?

So you kinda left us hanging, lol. I'm a smoker.....does the full extract oil differ? You mean dabs?

I believe he is talking about the oil that most people use under their tongues. I have CBD oil that I use sometimes for pain when I can't smoke. According to Rand, he says when it comes to oil to really get the full pain relieving effect, you need to have both the CBD and the THC in the oil. I have heard multiple sources say that the oil that has both is incredible. That's why on my next grow, I intend to run a strain that has about 10% in both THC and CBD and make a large portion of that into the oil. None of the strains I am growing right now have a significant amount of CBD in them.

Rand, question for you. How long can I keep my trimmings before making the oil? I just want to know what kind of time line I need to look at from when I harvest. Thanks again Rand!!

I believe he is talking about the oil that most people use under their tongues. I have CBD oil that I use sometimes for pain when I can't smoke. According to Rand, he says when it comes to oil to really get the full pain relieving effect, you need to have both the CBD and the THC in the oil. I have heard multiple sources say that the oil that has both is incredible. That's why on my next grow, I intend to run a strain that has about 10% in both THC and CBD and make a large portion of that into the oil. None of the strains I am growing right now have a significant amount of CBD in them.

Rand, question for you. How long can I keep my trimmings before making the oil? I just want to know what kind of time line I need to look at from when I harvest. Thanks again Rand!!
For the solo cup challenge, I'm doing my first Kings Kush CBD plant. It's a balanced 1:1 at about 10% of each. I'm certainly interested in the extracts, but I looovvveee....to smoke.
King's Kush CBD (Greenhouse Seeds) feminized - Zamnesia

Sorry Guy! Van and I had discussed cannabis oil before and as he replied, I take it sublingually... under tongue. There are several delivery methods... sublingually, tacking which is sticking oil to dried gums between lip and gums, by suppositories, and topically.

The difference between these methods and smoking is basically the difference between recreational and medical use. While smoking does bring some relief to some people, the oil delivers concentrated amounts of cannabinoids and the effects tend to be longer lasting. Smoking it just doesn't tend to bring me much relief. The oil changed my life.

The ratios of THC and CBD certainly are important and while 1:1 ratio is recommended for treating many conditions, it isn't an absolute. I have been making and using oil for my back for five years and often the strain of the bud I've bought off the street wasn't known nor was it tested. And every one has been effective to a greater of lesser degree.

The reason full extract cannabis oil is so effective is that one benefits not only from the THC, CBD, and the myriad of other cannabinoids, but also from the symbiotic relationship between them and the different role each plays on the endocannabinoid system(ECS).

CBD has gotten notoriety because it has done amazing things for kids with epilepsy and because CBD from the hemp plant is non-psychoactive and therefore legal. Because it is legal there is money to be made so it's been pushed and taken center stage. It's great and it's effective for some conditions and symptoms, but you cannot beat the entourage effect from all that the plant has to offer.

As far as trim, I'm not sure as this is my first grow. What I'm doing is leaving the sugar leaves on the buds I'm making oil from. No reason to trim them. And because of how I trained and defoliated my plants I don't have much in the way of small lower buds. The trim I do have I'm putting in the freezer till I make oil. Others may better ideas.

As far as timeline, rather than take up space and time drying and curing, the bud I'm using for oil is getting washed, Hung to dry for 4-8 hours, decarboxylated and quick dried in oven, put in freezer to lock the chlorophyll and waxes, and oil made.

There are a lot of threads I've seen here that address cannabis oil. I'm quite sure I haven't read them all and I don't know if there is one that covers all aspects, but I'll ask Sweet Sue as she's on top of that. I'll share what I find. When I get time I may start a thread for back pain and share all I know and hopefully others with more knowledge and experience will chime in as well.

If I were you Van, I'd be making some oil from your Blueberry. If you harvest when there's a decent amount of amber trichomes it should be plants sleepy and effective in pain.

I wouldn't get too caught up in THC/CBD ratios at this point. That can be fine tuned later to narrow down strains to grow that likely work best for you. Sounds like you need relief so I'm quite sure you won't regret it.

If you can designate an ounce to an ounce and a half of bud from each strain, that's a nice manageable amount for making oil and takes one bottle of Everclear for extraction. Some you may find work great for daytime to keep you functional while taking edge off, and others best for nighttime to get that deep recuperative sleep you muscles need to relax so you can launch into your day with much less pain and risk of aggravating with those one wrong little moves!

Since you're growing, I wouldn't waste any time. I look at most strain related I do as baselines or general starting points, because ever strain, phenotype with a given strain, and persons physiology are different. The bottom line is that finding what works is trial and error for everyone, and likely always will be. There are too many variables for absolutes.

For the solo cup challenge, I'm doing my first Kings Kush CBD plant. It's a balanced 1:1 at about 10% of each. I'm certainly interested in the extracts, but I looovvveee....to smoke.
King's Kush CBD (Greenhouse Seeds) feminized - Zamnesia

I have to admit, the first few times I poured alcohol into an ounce of bud, I nearly cried!!! That was tough. But I never regretted it!

There's nothing stopping one from smoking and using oil. I have a friend who has a worse back than I do... fused vertebrae in his low back and neck. He wakes and bakes and smokes all day long. He resisted even trying the oil I offered him many times because he wasn't willing to devote any of his own grow to making it. But once he did try it, his attitude changed.

What's best to use, because I'm def making some with our next harvest of Northern Light. Was either gonna get everclear or maybe some extractohol.

I've never tried extractohol. What's important is that it's a grain alcohol with low water content. I've used both of the proofs that Everclear comes in and the higher proof isn't legal in Alaska, but works much better than the lower.

There's also the fresh harvest method which I have yet to try. Sweet Sue swears by it. It uses extra virgin olive oil for extraction and bud can be washed, dried a few hours and oil made right away. It's likely the best method for retaining terpenes as the bud isn't exposed to the air long enough and isn't lost in decarboxylating process.

I'm harvesting a plant in a few minutes but when I get a chance I'll either post some links here or reach out to Sue and see if she might do so and add to the discussion.

I've never tried extractohol. What's important is that it's a grain alcohol with low water content. I've used both of the proofs that Everclear comes in and the higher proof isn't legal in Alaska, but works much better than the lower.

There's also the fresh harvest method which I have yet to try. Sweet Sue swears by it. It uses extra virgin olive oil for extraction and bud can be washed, dried a few hours and oil made right away. It's likely the best method for retaining terpenes as the bud isn't exposed to the air long enough and isn't lost in decarboxylating process.

I'm harvesting a plant in a few minutes but when I get a chance I'll either post some links here or reach out to Sue and see if she might do so and add to the discussion.

I just looked at that price on extractohol, holy living crap! Yeah I definitely think I would go the everclear route LOL.

It's comparable to buying liters of everclear. U get a gallon for 80 or U can pay 20 a liter for everclear. Might have to talk to sue, that way sounds awesome and maybe on the purple strain it can preserve some coloring. I know I can make purple dabs if I press within two days of harvesting.

It's comparable to buying liters of everclear. U get a gallon for 80 or U can pay 20 a liter for everclear. Might have to talk to sue, that way sounds awesome and maybe on the purple strain it can preserve some coloring. I know I can make purple dabs if I press within two days of harvesting.

Yeah I guess thats true. Though honestly I haven't priced everclear in a long time either! Not really much of a drinker outside of beer and that isn't often, and the occasional mixed drink.

Yeah I can't imagine who would drink that shit it's like petrol lol quickest way to blind yourself

Oh I drank it when I was younger. Young and dumb Marines will do anything to prove they have the biggest set of balls on them. But that was in the early 1990's.

LOL...what the hell was I thinking! I swear when we look back at the stupid stuff we did in life, you have to wonder how we made it this far.

Back
Top Bottom