1 Plant With 1 Goal

I would remove any fan growing toward the middle of the plant that is covering budlets. Looks like you have one on each side.

I would remove any fan growing toward the middle of the plant that is covering budlets. Looks like you have one on each side.
Ok yup I will do that asap when I get home...remove cotyledons(2), single blades(2)...and the lower triple fingers(2)...

congrats pal on the new title! :slide:

Quick question regarding your project...

Donyou think that 3 gal pot will be enough to stretch that much you'd like and veg her the hell out to reach the desired lenght? Cuz I assume this is her final home, hmmm

Or being an experiment you just wanna see how it works first?

Just asking

Congratulations on the MOTM win Happy, very well deserved. I see you spreading your hapiness all over this site:green_heart: That title looks good on you, too ;)
Hahaha "spreading my happiness all over this site" some of y'all might wanna get checked now lol just kidding.... But thanks I appreciate it, still kinda shocked about it.
Congrats HH!
Thanks Mel, couldn't have done it without everyone else's help. :)

congrats pal on the new title! :slide:

Quick question regarding your project...

Donyou think that 3 gal pot will be enough to stretch that much you'd like and veg her the hell out to reach the desired lenght? Cuz I assume this is her final home, hmmm

Or being an experiment you just wanna see how it works first?

Just asking
Thanks hps it's appreciated.

Yea all questions are welcomed.

So I have only grown in 1.5g - 3g pots/bags.. that size is what I am used to... But to answer the question, I believe I'll be ok with the pot size at 3 gallon for this "trial".... Last grow And one before, each of my autos got to be about 3-3.5ft tall....so in my mind if I train that side ways I should be able to fill out the space well.

Second reason I believe it'll be ok size wise is it's an auto... I only get two months to fill pot with roots before full flowering starts and then roots slow down growth and focus on nutrient absorbing.... So I think if I had it in a say a 5-7 Gallon, it wouldnt be beneficial as I don't think it would even come close to filling it....just based on the root balls I've seen on my plants after harvest.

Thanks hps it's appreciated.

Yea all questions are welcomed.

So I have only grown in 1.5g - 3g pots/bags.. that size is what I am used to... But to answer the question, I believe I'll be ok with the pot size at 3 gallon for this "trial".... Last grow And one before, each of my autos got to be about 3-3.5ft tall....so in my mind if I train that side ways I should be able to fill out the space well.
the 12-15l pots worked for me also in the past, just this year I start using 25l pots, and autos on run.
Second reason I believe it'll be ok size wise is it's an auto... I only get two months to fill pot with roots before full flowering starts and then roots slow down growth and focus on nutrient absorbing.... So I think if I had it in a say a 5-7 Gallon, it wouldnt be beneficial as I don't think it would even come close to filling it....just based on the root balls I've seen on my plants after harvest.
sorry, my bad, didint pay attention, just saw you started zulu whiskey, I didint saw you mention it's auto also.
I didint thought an auto will suit for this trial. Will be even more interesting to see how it goes.

as a P.S.
I totally agree that some autos are smaller than others but... remember my Night Queen from last grow?
She was in 25l pots and this is the root medium after harvest

I would give a try next time with a slightly bigger pot, just to see what happens.

I'm sure youll run just fine with 3gal size, but I'll also consider to give a try on next run.

Carry on the good work you're doing and keep it big and geen! :thumb:

Stay safe and happy growin:Namaste:

the 12-15l pots worked for me also in the past, just this year I start using 25l pots, and autos on run.

sorry, my bad, didint pay attention, just saw you started zulu whiskey, I didint saw you mention it's auto also.
I didint thought an auto will suit for this trial. Will be even more interesting to see how it goes.

as a P.S.
I totally agree that some autos are smaller than others but... remember my Night Queen from last grow?

I would give a try next time with a slightly bigger pot, just to see what happens.

I'm sure youll run just fine with 3gal size, but I'll also consider to give a try on next run.

That would never happen in an air pot.:ciao:
Just 2 cents.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

That would never happen in an air pot.:ciao:
Just 2 cents.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
yeah, thats valid for both of us, cuz he aint running on air pots also :lot-o-toke:

as a P.S.

Wow holy root ball....hats off. :high-five:
So whiskey Zulu was picked out of the strains I had for how fast she got tall. My thinking was if she got to about 4ft tall then in theory I could stretch her the length of the 4×2×5, ...I'm in a semi small tent and with lights hanging I'm down to about 48 inches of lateral growth that I can use before I have to snap branches like I did my Cerberus grow.

Yes prolly not going to go exactly how I would like but I'm enjoying trying out new ways to train these awesome plants.

I will be trying bigger size pots in the future but for now I'm sticking with familiarity as I just got the hang on doing grows with no pests, leaf deficiency, and no toddler damage lol

This is whiskey Zulu and it should better help show why I choose her.

IMG_20220427_220500275_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220427_220455477_HDR.jpg

Wow holy root ball....hats off. :high-five:
So whiskey Zulu was picked out of the strains I had for how fast she got tall. My thinking was if she got to about 4ft tall then in theory I could stretch her the length of the 4×2×5, ...I'm in a semi small tent and with lights hanging I'm down to about 48 inches of lateral growth that I can use before I have to snap branches like I did my Cerberus grow.

Yes prolly not going to go exactly how I would like but I'm enjoying trying out new ways to train these awesome plants.

I will be trying bigger size pots in the future but for now I'm sticking with familiarity as I just got the hang on doing grows with no pests, leaf deficiency, and no toddler damage lol

This is whiskey Zulu and it should better help show why I choose her.

IMG_20220427_220500275_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220427_220455477_HDR.jpg
dayum Happy, thats a monster auto, indeed will fill up easy a bigger pot, give a try on next run. or as Bill said, air pots:lot-o-toke:

I am running 1 auto Euforia atm inna 2x4x5 tent also, but I could not manage to fill all the tent, she start harden the branches and I'm affraid not to snap em. I dont find this tent size small.. especially for just 1 plant.

Carry on pal, you're doin' great! :Namaste:

dayum Happy, thats a monster auto, indeed will fill up easy a bigger pot, give a try on next run. or as Bill said, air pots:lot-o-toke:

I am running 1 auto Euforia atm inna 2x4x5 tent also, but I could not manage to fill all the tent, she start harden the branches and I'm affraid not to snap em. I dont find this tent size small.. especially for just 1 plant.

Carry on pal, you're doin' great! :Namaste:
Thanks hps, awesome you know the size of tent well .. I grew three autos last two grows and things got tight towards the end. So I'm sticking with one biggin or two medium sizerz from now on.

I will for sure try bigger pots next time... I'm unfamiliar with air pots could you or @Bill284 give me some insight on them? I not to long ago ditch plastic self watering pots for fabric and swear by these...so if air pots are better I'll be more than happy to switch.

Thanks hps, awesome you know the size of tent well .. I grew three autos last two grows and things got tight towards the end. So I'm sticking with one biggin or two medium sizerz from now on.
yeah, for 3 big plants will be kinda cramped inna 2x4, I think my Euforia is covering about 60-70% of the tent, so 2 will take eachother light, lol
I will for sure try bigger pots next time... I'm unfamiliar with air pots could you or @Bill284 give me some insight on them? I not to long ago ditch plastic self watering pots for fabric and swear by these...so if air pots are better I'll be more than happy to switch.
I made research on air pots, never used em, but after I saw lots of reviews I can try make it easy

we all know how they look, so when the root reach air it self prunes and develop a much more stronger root ball, also it has much more oxygen and the air flow is awasome.
as plant size, I saw plants bigger in 1gal air pot than plants in 3gal fabric pots.
So cuz the roots got alot of oxygen and gets self pruned, you'll result inna stronger and bigger root ball and with a bigger plant.
Also you cant really overwater inna air pot.

The only con. I find is the mess they make every time you water
p. s. and the price and the price!

yeah, for 3 big plants will be kinda cramped inna 2x4, I think my Euforia is covering about 60-70% of the tent, so 2 will take eachother light, lol

I made research on air pots, never used em, but after I saw lots of reviews I can try make it easy

we all know how they look, so when the root reach air it self prunes and develop a much more stronger root ball, also it has much more oxygen and the air flow is awasome.
as plant size, I saw plants bigger in 1gal air pot than plants in 3gal fabric pots.
So cuz the roots got alot of oxygen and gets self pruned, you'll result inna stronger and bigger root ball and with a bigger plant.
Also you cant really overwater inna air pot.

The only con. I find is the mess they make every time you water
p. s. and the price and the price!
Ok cool thank you... I've seen them mentioned and used here alot....but I always thought all those holes would make a huge dirt mess lol and you confirmed it. But hey for a little dirt mess for a stronger root system, sounds like a good trade to me.

I started checking prices they aren't to bad if they do what is claimed...about $65 for a 10 pack of 5 gallons.

Ok cool thank you... I've seen them mentioned and used here alot....but I always thought all those holes would make a huge dirt mess lol and you confirmed it. But hey for a little dirt mess for a stronger root system, sounds like a good trade to me.

I started checking prices they aren't to bad if they do what is claimed...about $65 for a 10 pack of 5 gallons.
from 3 gal fabric pot to 5gal air pot? you gonna run out of space with that monster genetics :rofl:

just in my opinion

from 3 gal fabric pot to 5gal air pot? you gonna run out of space with that monster genetics :rofl:

just in my opinion
It's go big or don't grow at home right?! :laugh: hey at least I didn't say I was going from 3gallon to a million gallon pots like @Bill284 lol

This should be interesting. I'm wondering if it can be done with an Auto since they start flowering so early on. But you have the experience with them from the looks of your other plants so you would know better than me. Looking forward to the results. Keep on Truckin'.

Back
Top Bottom