Grape God - Banana Kush - Maui

re: Blue Planet Nutrients - Combo 2-Part & Ogranic Line - Grape God - Banana Kush - Maui

With all that, I would make some hash... press it into a rolling paper, roll up kief inside it, and celebrate!!! LOOK AT all that KIEF!!! holy shnikies!!!

re: Blue Planet Nutrients - Combo 2-Part & Ogranic Line - Grape God - Banana Kush - Maui

With all that, I would make some hash... press it into a rolling paper, roll up kief inside it, and celebrate!!! LOOK AT all that KIEF!!! holy shnikies!!!

That's the best idea I've heard so far. Hard to believe that all that kief would have been dust on the floor with any other trimmer. Crazy.....

I'm thinking I got closer to 3.5 - 4 lbs looking at the screens. I'll know for sure in about a week after they are fully dry and burped for a few days.

Unofficial (Early) Smoke Report

They are only 4 days from cutting and are still a little damp. This dry seems to be going very well! I think 7 - 8 days or so for a dry looks to be perfect so far. I'll let them go til the stems give a good snap. I think this will be the smoothest I have produced. It's either gonna be because of the modifications I made with the drying process or it's the awesome Blue Planet Nutrients. I tried a small bud of Banana Kush which was still a little damp. I let it sit out for an hour and it dried enough to smoke. I must say that it was smooth. It burned mostly white already. The taste was not strong yet but that should happen in the cure. It did not burn or irritate my throat in any way. The high is fairly balanced between the head and body.

I used to dry the buds at around 50% - 55% RH and the room was around 75 - 80 degrees. I always had a slight harsh taste I thought. Now, I am drying these in a very controlled environment with RH at 66% the first 4 days and now I dropped it to 58% and have the temps set between 65 - 71 degrees. The buds are drying very slow and look great. The smaller buds are not getting crispy. Although slightly drier, they are about the same dampness of the larger buds. I'll do a proper smoke report after they have cured for about a week. :) Happy smoking

Always disappointment.........

Well, the dry weight before cure is 42 ounces. Or, .5grams per watt, UGH! I only got 1200g for 2400w. What happened???? Anyway, it is primo bud. No harshness whatsoever and it is just dry. At least the quality is there.....

Always disappointment.........

Well, the dry weight before cure is 42 ounces. Or, .5grams per watt, UGH! I only got 1200g for 2400w. What happened???? Anyway, it is primo bud. No harshness whatsoever and it is just dry. At least the quality is there.....

Well congratulations even though it didn't meet your expectations. I'm sure you will review what happened and will do better next time.

1200 grams of primo bud is not too shabby in anyone's book! :thumb:

Over 2 & a half pounds sounds like quite a bit to me. It was an amazing grow nonetheless with amazing buds. That is what I like about growing, we will never perfect it and it will leave us always wanting to grow more, kind of addicting!

Have you thought of maybe adding some LED's in there to boost your gram per watt and overall yield? SteveHman has been getting over 1Gpw with advanced LED's. I also just followed Golbud's journal where he got .63 Gpw using 4 100w advanced LED's over a 4'x4' area. .63 Gpw sounds pretty good for only having .23-25watts per sq. ft

Well congratulations even though it didn't meet your expectations. I'm sure you will review what happened and will do better next time.

1200 grams of primo bud is not too shabby in anyone's book! :thumb:
OMM- Thanks! Yeah, the quality is great but the gram per watt is a little disappointing. I am going to change the strains for the 2nd grow out, I'm getting tired of these three strains.

Over 2 & a half pounds sounds like quite a bit to me. It was an amazing grow nonetheless with amazing buds. That is what I like about growing, we will never perfect it and it will leave us always wanting to grow more, kind of addicting!

Have you thought of maybe adding some LED's in there to boost your gram per watt and overall yield? SteveHman has been getting over 1Gpw with advanced LED's. I also just followed Golbud's journal where he got .63 Gpw using 4 100w advanced LED's over a 4'x4' area. .63 Gpw sounds pretty good for only having .23-25watts per sq. ft

Hey Stoned4daze61, I'm happy overall but wish the gram per watt was higher. Perhaps if I was able to attend to the plants and clean them up it would have been better. I'm currently running 66watts per sq ft, so the lighting is not an issue. The Grape God only gave me just overt 200g for 6 plants, not good.... So, that messed up the weight too. I'll get lots of great smoke and BHO from all of this though :) I may need 4 or 5 cases of butane, ugh.... Perhaps more....

Hey my friend!

Sorry the yield wasn't as hoped, but that looks like some fantastic bud! Congrats on a beautiful, amazing grow. Cool trimmer, btw! :thumb:

Dude that's a serious flip. Take a bow for sure. Those are some loaded ass buds. WOW Keepem Green

Dude that's a serious flip. Take a bow for sure. Those are some loaded ass buds. WOW Keepem Green
Thanks Norcaliwood! You boosted my spirits :) I won't be discouraged, I'll keep em green, sweet, and sticky and hope for higher gram per watt next time.

I'm curing them now since yesterday and opened them this morning. Whoa! The smell kicked me in the face as soon as I opened their containers. This is stinky!

Last post in this journal. Here are some pictures of the cured buds.
Maui
IMG_000358.JPG

Banana Kush
IMG_000933.JPG

Grape God
IMG_001229.JPG

Everything turned out great, good smooth smoke.

Please move this to completed journals :)

Re: Blue Planet Nutrients - Combo 2-Part & Organic Line - Grape God - Banana Kush - M

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom