Xlr8's "Flo N Gro" Hydro Multiple Strains 2011

I've been wanting to try that Lucy, didn't realize she was called Lucy though :bong:

G-Speed, Lucy is a Skunk x Mazar cross. The breeder is Barney's Farm and "Lucy" is more of a nickname for the strain that has the same name as the initials of a Beetles song, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. She's referred to as Lucy because the strain name isn't allowed in the forums.

It all makes sense now "crystal clear" :) iv seen this strain your talking about but i wasnt "tripping" over my feet to buy it guess i couldnt be more wrong!

Thanks Big.K

Edit: I prefer lucy to be the name.

Very nice yield there X. The salad bowl trimmers work pretty good. It is def not hand trim, but they end up like the dispensaries like them, little round nugs. You need to break the buds down to nugs for best results. It is for sure hard on the buds, but if you are cleaning the machine, you get the resin back.... Cleaning the bowl out after use is a trip, super goo green "hash" around the edges.....

Thanks for chiming in with that info OG13, I've always wondered how nice of a job they do. I'll bet a lot of fun can be had with that goo that gets cleaned out! :)

Hey there Xlr8! Those buds are so well manicured! They look like little boulders! Wow! Very nice. That Lucy sure sounds and looks like some strong stuff.

I reduced the the light on my remaining plants the last few weeks of grow last time. I planned on doing it again. The seed manufacturer for the White Widow recomended going to 8/16 during the last few weeks to bring out the trichs. I think it improved my harvest.

Whatever you are doing you are correct. Definately got the some great looking buds in your personal stash!:adore:

Cool - thanks for the insight on the reducing of daylight hours. I've always used 12/12 the entire time, but I've been seeing more and more where people are reducing the daylight toward the end, especially on Sativa heavy stuff like the Chocolope. I'm anxious to start making tweaks before the next round, so I kind of want her to finish up, lol.

Oh, and... :thanks:

Yeah i agree ^ Bag appeal 100 out of 10, reps to you and your wife!

Lucy has stolen the show, i keep trying to write a poem everytime i see her, think im in love. Lol im being serious i have problems .... umm what genetic is she i cant find her, please dont tell me she is a clone only, this might break my heart!

Thanks Godspeed, very nice of you. :thanks:

Lucy is pretty good stuff - her flavor is really maturing as she cures. Less lemony, more sandlewood/floral. I actually liked how lemony it was, but it's like the lemon part has really moved to the background in the aroma/flavor department... Still really great, just interesting how it's changing as the cure progresses. Damn, now I want some more Lucy. Excuse me for a moment....

:bong:

Okay, where was I... Oh, I think Mr. Krip answered your question. :)

I've been wanting to try that Lucy, didn't realize she was called Lucy though :bong:

Lucy is gooooood medicine, and she loves me so.

She maketh the pain subside.
She taketh away misery and bringeth joy to thee.
A muse providing divine inspiration,
that doth make gods of men

What were we talking about again?

G-Speed, Lucy is a Skunk x Mazar cross. The breeder is Barney's Farm and "Lucy" is more of a nickname for the strain that has the same name as the initials of a Beetles song, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. She's referred to as Lucy because the strain name isn't allowed in the forums.

Egg-sacktly. Thanks Mr. K! :high-five:

It all makes sense now "crystal clear" :) iv seen this strain your talking about but i wasnt "tripping" over my feet to buy it guess i couldnt be more wrong!

Thanks Big.K

Edit: I prefer lucy to be the name.

I prefer Lucy too. For what it's worth, 420magazine prefers Mazar/Skunk. (But nobody seems to complain about Lucy, and it's much easier to write than Mazar/Skunk.) ;)

Oh, one other quick note -- I bumped the Chocolope down to 11 hours of daylight from 12 a few days ago. Hopefully this will be an additional reminder to her to start wrapping things up soon. I might go to 10 hours in a couple of days - I'm open to opinions on this. :)

Good question Buddy.

I would like to have folks opinion on reducing hours too! :high-five:

On Diminishing Light:

I tend to agree with your assessment and the following. Not because of the poster, or the author, but because it is a sound theory. Looking to nature to help a natural process, for the most part is a good idea!

This is an excerpt from a very excellent blog on two different lighting schedules posted by @Twelve12. I have removed the references to the other light schedule to hopefully prevent confusion. I only post this part here because it was asked about and that it makes sense to me that a plant from nature would respond to a more natural lighting schedule. After all, the Equinox (12/12) only is for 1 day, twice a year. After the Fall Equinox the days only get shorter until the winter solstice. Also, note the bit about hormone buildup. We all know that light destroys the flowering hormone, so there is science in the piece as well:

The Diminishing Lighting Schedule
"The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours [(Equinox)] for the first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting [(into Fall)] for increasing darkness time by one half hour every week."​
"The final week of flowering will provide the plants with a mere nine hours of light, with 15 hours of darkness, forcing a resulting final explosive hormonal buildup. This sends the plant into blooming overdrive and produces resin far beyond the normal plant’s limits."​
"Understanding your plants is the best way to grow the best medicine, and looking for solutions to growing problems by observing nature always provides the right answers."​
Back when I was growing in soil all those years ago, we used to call the two rooms Summer, and Fall. The have since been renamed Veg and Flower. Ya see where I'm going with this?

Hadn't checked the trich's on the Chocolope real recently, and was surprised at them when I checked them tonight. They are almost all cloudy with about 10% or so amber I'd guess. Caught me off guard, as the sample I looked at only a week ago or so looked mostly clear. So... I took a second sample that was still all cloudy with 10% or so amber.

Hmmm.

I really want to get full access to my grow room for improvements while I still have time before company/holidays, so I'm starting to flush and will probably just harvest it in a few days. There is not much to it anyway, and it's becoming more of a nuisance at this point.

On the bright side... My fingers smelled like tootsie rolls afterwards. I have to admit that made me smile!

On Diminishing Light:

I tend to agree with your assessment and the following. Not because of the poster, or the author, but because it is a sound theory. Looking to nature to help a natural process, for the most part is a good idea!

This is an excerpt from a very excellent blog on two different lighting schedules posted by @Twelve12. I have removed the references to the other light schedule to hopefully prevent confusion. I only post this part here because it was asked about and that it makes sense to me that a plant from nature would respond to a more natural lighting schedule. After all, the Equinox (12/12) only is for 1 day, twice a year. After the Fall Equinox the days only get shorter until the winter solstice. Also, note the bit about hormone buildup. We all know that light destroys the flowering hormone, so there is science in the piece as well:
The Diminishing Lighting Schedule
"The diminishing fall schedule begins with an evenly halved light schedule, using 12 hours [(Equinox)] for the first two weeks to trigger the plant into bloom, and then further reducing the lighting [(into Fall)] for increasing darkness time by one half hour every week."​
"The final week of flowering will provide the plants with a mere nine hours of light, with 15 hours of darkness, forcing a resulting final explosive hormonal buildup. This sends the plant into blooming overdrive and produces resin far beyond the normal plant’s limits."​
"Understanding your plants is the best way to grow the best medicine, and looking for solutions to growing problems by observing nature always provides the right answers."​
Back when I was growing in soil all those years ago, we used to call the two rooms Summer, and Fall. The have since been renamed Veg and Flower. Ya see where I'm going with this?

Good points and info Jandre. It does make sense, and I've read similar things as what you posted. I just wasn't sure if there was a limit to the effectiveness vs. the providing additional light benefitting the plants in its own way... (in my case going from 11 to 10 hours of daylight).

Thanks for the great post. :thanks:

Hadn't checked the trich's on the Chocolope real recently, and was surprised at them when I checked them tonight. They are almost all cloudy with about 10% or so amber I'd guess. Caught me off guard, as the sample I looked at only a week ago or so looked mostly clear. So... I took a second sample that was still all cloudy with 10% or so amber.

Hmmm.

I really want to get full access to my grow room for improvements while I still have time before company/holidays, so I'm starting to flush and will probably just harvest it in a few days. There is not much to it anyway, and it's becoming more of a nuisance at this point.

On the bright side... My fingers smelled like tootsie rolls afterwards. I have to admit that made me smile!

tootsie rolls:thumb:

Good info on the lights too....will be cutting back on the lights as of tommorow. :adore:

Awesome grow man, cant believe I just stumbled across it. Any reason you didn't go with a Jack the Ripper, any future plans? I love that strain from TGA, whenever I go to this dispensary around me I always usually end up getting it.

How much did you save by fabricating your own system vs. buying the whole thing?

Good points and info Jandre. It does make sense, and I've read similar things as what you posted. I just wasn't sure if there was a limit to the effectiveness vs. the providing additional light benefitting the plants in its own way... (in my case going from 11 to 10 hours of daylight).

Thanks for the great post. :thanks:

heheheh, I guess the short answer ther would have been, "Yes! Do it!"

Everytime I flip to your journal theres 7 new pages friend!! :thedoubletake::clap::rofl::adore:

Thank you for posting your grow on this website, it is awesome for everyone and I'm seeing the potential of this all in my books too!:thanks::welldone:

Honestly that has to be the nicest looking buds I have ever seen, you have my vote!!=):circle-of-love:

Such a variety too:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom