Xlr8's "Flo N Gro" Hydro Multiple Strains 2011

Those Lucy's look awesome. I am hoping that mine look as nice as yours do. I already have people at the collective waiting for the harvest based on its reputation.

Great grow Xlr8!

Appreciate that a lot, Steve. I'm thrilled with the high and taste I'm getting from just a couple of sample buds I took. Lemony fuel. I can't wait to try these properly cured. They are also, by a long ways actually, the stickiest most resin coated buds I've grown, too. Ridiculously sticky.

My wife and I giggled constantly last night from Lucy samples. We were giggling in bed an hour after bedtime! All in all a somewhat euphoric high with a nice all body buzz. Right up my alley. I think you'll really like it. :)

Grow Update - 61 days bloom:

I harvested the Magic Bud, and it'll be a really a light yield for her as I suspected. I knew it wouldn't yield much, as I allowed more room to the Lucy, Lavender and Skywalker plants on purpose. I've grown several Magic Bud plants in the past, so I was content to let that be my smaller yielder so that I had a bigger yield on the strains I was most excited about. I think maybe even less than an ounce on her - pathetic, huh? The yield will be much much better for the other plants in the Flo N Gro - the Lavender is a beast, and the Lucy isn't too far behind. Must be at least 2-3z in the Skywalker, too.

I've only got a couple of windows of opportunity for harvesting these next couple of weeks, so I think I'm going to try something a bit different and harvest some of the more mature stuff first on the other plants and then leave the lower shelf buds on the plants another week or so longer. I've not really harvested in stages like this, so we'll see how it goes. I like the idea of getting a little more lumens again to the lower stuff with hopes it will plump up more before it's time to harvest. We shall see how it goes! :)

Oh, and the Chocolope isn't too pretty, but her buds are looking pretty good (though not very big at this point). I'll try to get another picture of her again soon.

Based on samples from the past few days, a few more observations:

• Lavender smells and tastes just like Purple Urkle to me. Think grape flowers. I'm also a bit bummed that she wasn't a purple pheno. The purple Lavender phenos are stunning, and she would have been no exception I'm sure as she's quite the looker without purps. Super pungent and very tasty for sample buds.
  • Lucy has flat-out the stickiest buds I've ever seen or grown. Smells and tastes like lemony fuel. Downright gooey. Special kind of high, too. I can already tell I'm gonna really like Lucy!
  • The Skywalker buds smell amazing, and I can tell will taste like her Blueberry father. Might be the best smelling bud I've grown. Smells more like Blueberry than the Blueberry I grew. If they made a blueberry scented floral air freshener, that's what she smells like!
  • I'm happy that I didn't dedicate more space to the Magic Bud plant, first samples of her are disappointing compared to the other MB plants I've grown in the past. Not the same high as the others at all - a bit non-descript frankly. The other Magic Bud plants I've grown were all faves of mine and had a "heady" euphoric component to it, and usually garnered special stash status for me, but this particular pheno looked different and just isn't the same high from what I can tell so far. Can't win 'em all I guess!

Thought I'd throw in a picture of a Lucy sample bud. It's really different looking in that it's so frosty and the pistils turn a light beige/pink instead of brown:

11_23_lucy1.jpg

Cant wait to see how this stage harvest goes down for you X. I can see things turning out in your favour and them plumping right up, will you just be watering at this stage or pick up a light feed after the chop?

1z on a plant for a "noob" is chrismas. You have many Z's of assorted smells, flavours and highs... Kid in a candy shop!

Cant wait to see how this stage harvest goes down for you X. I can see things turning out in your favour and them plumping right up, will you just be watering at this stage or pick up a light feed after the chop?

1z on a plant for a "noob" is chrismas. You have many Z's of assorted smells, flavours and highs... Kid in a candy shop!

Hi Godspeed - Good question. Gonna feed light again for a bit, then flush again I think. I'm kinda winging it, and not sure if that's the best plan, but that's the plan nonetheless. ;)

Harvest in stages :thumb: Can't wait to see the first wave!

Is it wrong to be in lust? She's just so fah-qing beautiful!

That Lucy Bud is disgustingly beautiful Xlr8. :thumb:

Sweet Lucy, wearing perfume and pearls :love:
Accessories we all want to see on our girls

Absolutely gorgeous, my friend! VERY, VERY :welldone:

They are beautiful.

Appreciate that so much guys. I felt like I was along for the ride much of the time! :)

:thanks:

Happy Thanksgiving XL!! and to all who visit here!!!

kind regards,
naphtali

Hey Dude just looked back for the last pic update you have and all I can say is WOW. Coming along nicely. I bet you are past ready. Ready to start the next ones............
I love pretty flowers. You got nice nice ones. I have had plants turn alot of shades. I like the look of the lime green and true orange flowers. That sample you took at 61 days looks sweet. I'll drive back thru in afew. Keepem Green

Man, those look amazing. Intrigued to see how your total yeild and quality is with the staggered harvest. The stuff on top looks done to you, but the lower buds still seem to need a little more time?

Back
Top Bottom