Who Let The Dogs Out? Chem Comparison Grow!

I have officially joined the Chem Club as of this morning. Chem 91 X Aliendog Cherry I was a little concerned whether or now the cutting would root in my homemade organic soil. I thought perhaps it might be too "hot" for the tender new roots. So glad I got roots and also answered that question at the same time.

Lovely! Will be excited to see you grow this one out. Will you be making seeds with it or crossing, or just a straightforward grow?

This morning when I check on the beans. I saw that the freaking mice got them. Heart broken.:(

This morning I started my last Chemdog along with to different Strains. I got a war on my hands.

I have close them in a rubber maid container in my top draw. Hoping the little creature don't bite they way threw. That was the last Chemdog seed I had. The other two strains are reg. seeds.
I hope that last Chemdog sprouts for you Bean, fingers crossed✌️

Soooooo after meeting up with Penny on Saturday I had to drop some beans. Dropped 7 different strains and one of them is the DUD91 so I'm in the chem head area grow. More later but in coco tonight.
20190812_213154.jpg

Impressive! I looked up the DUD... nice addition to this grow. Very pleased that you are going to join us, Derby!

Will you be making seeds with it or crossing, or just a straightforward grow?

This is a strain I definitely want to reverse for seeds at some point. And I do have a second cutting (still no roots) as a backup. I think for this venture just a straightforward grow is the way to go. I am preparing to start in about 2 weeks to try to reverse a Candida CD-1 plant to try to make some S1 seeds. It's important I feel to have medicinal seeds in my collection that I can then share with friends if needed.

This is a strain I definitely want to reverse for seeds at some point. And I do have a second cutting (still no roots) as a backup. I think for this venture just a straightforward grow is the way to go. I am preparing to start in about 2 weeks to try to reverse a Candida CD-1 plant to try to make some S1 seeds. It's important I feel to have medicinal seeds in my collection that I can then share with friends if needed.

That makes sense. I believe that @Old Salt growing Candida as well. I just pulled my seed collection out to make my picks. I think I'll be dropping seeds later today. Will post when I do.

The Candida I am growing is the sativa pheno not that it makes a difference in the final product I'm told. I just battle height issues in my rather confined growing space. So I'll be working with a small plant so I can hopefully keep her under the light.

…and we're off and running!

One CSI Humboldt and one Dinafem Dinachem wrapped in paper towel this afternoon. The Doctor and Northern Lights are along for the ride.

Thanks Bard, i love taking pics of the trics on these plants. I will be happy to get these girls harvested and get started with the next group lol✌

I know exactly what you mean! Lots of fun moments along the way, but sometimes it is like... would you hurry up already?

Still, I love just sitting and watching them when all is going well. Very calming.

I have a love/hate relationship with sativas. First off I don't care to smoke sativa flowers, but I love to grow them. On top of that many grow quite tall and you have to work to keep them under the lights. And at 9 weeks into flowering I'm ready to harvest them and get something new in there. LOL But I wait impatiently for them to finish.

I have a love/hate relationship with sativas. First off I don't care to smoke sativa flowers, but I love to grow them. On top of that many grow quite tall and you have to work to keep them under the lights. And at 9 weeks into flowering I'm ready to harvest them and get something new in there. LOL But I wait impatiently for them to finish.

They are all new to me, so the learning is the big perk right now. I imagine I'll develop my own tastes for what I like to grow and then to eat (I do almost all edibles) over time. Right now, I'm lovin' me some Mango Haze gummies at bed time. Not my own grown stuff, yet though.

@The Bard you're eating the gummies as a sleep aid? I would think gummies made with a strain like Hindu Kush would make a better sleep aid. Any of the Kush family actually. But I only dabble with edibles so take what I say with a grain of salt. I would hate to steer someone wrong.

Thanks @beez0404 always happy to get your advice. I actually started on this whole journey for Mrs. Bard. She has fibro and RA, and so was looking for something to help her with pain and sleeping. Since they legalized here in Canada last year, I had been buying from the gov dispensary, but the quality was pretty poor (dry, dusty nuggets, with very little aroma). But it worked. I played around with cookies, ice cream (yum!), peanut-butter cups, etc., but settled on gummies as the easiest/fastest to make, and convenient to nibble a couple at bed time.

The Mango Haze that I got from the gov store tested out as 9% THC and 7% CBD, so pretty balanced; I think it is more likely a CBD enhanced strain. Mrs. Bard has one gummy and gets drowsy. She sometimes pops a second one at 1am or so, if she wakes up. I have one a couple of hours before bed, and it just takes the edge off - nice mellow, spacey feeling. I read for a couple of hours, then pop another 2 gummies. Knocks me out until alarm goes off in the morning.

I did make gummies from my own Purple Kush plant. Nice buzz, but not sleepy-making. Better for an afternoon mellow-out.

For this new grow, I think that the NL and The Doctor should be more for bedtime, especially if I let them get some more amber. The Chems will definitely be for a morning coffee. Maybe some canna-cream in my future!

I have some seeds for some other strains that are supposed to be even more narcotic in effect (Aurora Indica, Sleepy Yoda, Pink Kush) but they will have to wait for next grow.

Hope that makes sense?

Soooooo after meeting up with Penny on Saturday I had to drop some beans. Dropped 7 different strains and one of them is the DUD91 so I'm in the chem head area grow. More later but in coco tonight.
20190812_213154.jpg

I have grown no Exotic gear but have heard great things about the Wonka Bars. I really wanted to grab a pack of the Jet-A but they wanted a lot of money for them. I hope they do well for you!

Hey everybody!

Quick pic update on my CD #4. Finishing up day 22; I quadded her on the 13th and she never skipped a beat.

:Rasta:

Nice! I am going to show my seeds this pic so they have a role model. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom