Watch This Flux - 1st 420 Outdoor Fluxing - Presents Fluxy Lady - Fully Restrained

Re: Watch This Flux - 1st 420 Outdoor Fluxing - Presents Fluxy Lady - Fully Restraine

Very Nice!! Im digging this
Thank you, that's what I like to hear! Did you see the avatar picture, directly under your first post here? I don't like to harp on a new guest, but the "avatar twins" appearing in back to back posts, to me, is like a huge sign that says "pounce now" both you guys are nicknamed (one of the twins) Avatar pics help me associate members to their position on the globe. BudLova :high-five:, I like your avatar and won't ask you to return that picture to latinbudda, I'm not busting your chops, I like you here! it's just going to confuse the flux out my remaining brain cells
Been out of town and now I'm sick but thanks for the invite and will Deff follow. By the way nice flux pics.
glad to here it lattinbudda, I found that picture you thought was lost, it's in good hands.:peace: Get Well Soon

Re: Watch This Flux - 1st 420 Outdoor Fluxing - Presents Fluxy Lady - Fully Restraine

Thanks Jay233, backatcha!:high-five: everything is fluxing wonderful. I'm concerned about the restraints possibly depleting needed branch strength, that will be needed in our frequent high NW winds. I'd love lots of member opinion feedback.

That's what I was saying ...tying down a branch WILL reduce its strength

But...you are growing low...I don't think wind will be an issue

Even wind that blows chairs off my deck. My spot also acts like a wind funnel. Thanks Jay, now I have a harder decision, where's the teacher!!

I looked the whole journal over trichs, I have a coupla comments....and a question. First the question; What are your goals with this plant? And for my thoughts; This plant is going to finish outdoors, 15 gal pot, it should get maybe 6 feet tall. At some point IMHO, I would remove all the restraints....when you get it trained........and leave it in one place....where it can get the most daylight hours in a day. Plants grown in the ground don't move around, they get accustomed to the light patterns, and don't spend excessive energy repositioning for a new light pattern every time they get moved. Now, that plant is being held down right now....but it is going to get heavy, the lateral position of the branches is going to put alot of stress on them when they get heavier. I would put a 6 foot tall hogwire support around it....like a tomato cage. This will help in a couple of different ways; we like wind....as long as it doesn't actually damage the plant, this wire will stabilize the plant in windy conditions. Second, if this plant is placed where it can get full sun for 8 or 9 hours a day...it's going to get BIG!, you won't be able to roll it around or put it inside anywhere!........Keep the nutrient concentrations low...or medium....don't force feed it.....veg nutes no higher than 5-5-5.....and easy on the flowering nutes. Top dress it occasionally, and LET IT GROW! Don't trip when the colas start bending over from the weight....I've had 8 foot plants whos colas were almost touching the ground at harvest. The main idea is; get the plant trained, then leave it alone to grow...in one place......

Thanks for this valued share Mcloadie, my goal is a plant fluxed to look like Light Addicts prize winning plants, only bigger & grown outdoors.
I'm not doubting you one iota, do you think it's possible that if I were to keep her outdoors, from this point (today), that it could get as big as you mentioned? I'm assuming it will double in size, from the day I start giving it 12 hrs darkness (outside full time) Every plant I put outside has flowered & finished about 60 days later. Do you think that this girl could flower longer than 60 days from the day it starts to see 12 hours of darkness? Or could the days getting longer, keep her vegging, only to flower later. Thank you very much, for bringing this up! Hopefully members will give me their 2 cents. Please ask me some more questions/concerns. This is only my second outdoor year of growing and the earliest (March) start I've attempted.

Even wind that blows chairs off my deck. My spot also acts like a wind funnel. Thanks Jay, now I have a harder decision, where's the teacher!!

Yes...with the low flux growing the training restraints will not drastically affect the plant...the wind will still strengthen the branches

I think the teacher is sleeping :)

Hey Trichster,

On cloning, yes as I understand, it will take flowering cuttings longer to root.

Some stains may not root at all.

Thanks for this valued share Mcloadie, my goal is a plant fluxed to look like Light Addicts prize winning plants, only bigger & grown outdoors.
I'm not doubting you one iota, do you think it's possible that if I were to keep her outdoors, from this point (today), that it could get as big as you mentioned? I'm assuming it will double in size, from the day I start giving it 12 hrs darkness (outside full time) Every plant I put outside has flowered & finished about 60 days later. Do you think that this girl could flower longer than 60 days from the day it starts to see 12 hours of darkness? Or could the days getting longer, keep her vegging, only to flower later. Thank you very much, for bringing this up! Hopefully members will give me their 2 cents. Please ask me some more questions/concerns. This is only my second outdoor year of growing and the earliest (March) start I've attempted.
I am finding out right now....I have a plant in the garden, it was under 24 hour light, I put it outside at the equinox to see if daylength....12 hours, or the fact that the days were getting longer...would dominate the reaction. What needs to happen is that the indoor light schedule needs to be changed slowly, to match the outside daylight hours.......for the projected date it's going outside. If the plant doesn't go into flower...everything's good, if it does go into flower, valuable time is lost while the plant reverts back to veg.

Thanks for stopping by again Fred, I'm considering posting a "poll" on whether Fluxy should stay outside to begin flowerring, or should I veg her until she's a little bigger? what would you say? thanks

all members feel free to jump in here, just reply yes, for leaving her out or no keep her vegging, thanks again:thanks:

Good evening weed Trichromes. Just about caught up this flying along journal. You guys were talking about cloning. For some reason cloning is very easy for me. Out of the around a 100 clones I have only lost a couple. I don't take any precautions when I do it. I cut, scrap, and trim the leaves with the same scissors I use for trimming and it still has the resins on it. then I dip in clonex and into a root riot it goes.. I use bottom heat set at 75 degrees and water the hell out of them. Put the dome on and wait. I have had roots in 5 day to transplant. Sometimes it takes longer.

Thanks :adore: beemer,:thumb: I told you that I could use you here! I just found an old hot plate, gonna check to see how low the temp will go, I would say, your bottom heat has helped with your cloning success, great share!:circle-of-love:

Sir BeemerBill, I see you are quite familiar with the Gas Lantern light technique, safe to assume it is not a technique one would use on autos? thank you, I just started my auto familiarization, cause my buddy gave me a pile of those type seeds, not what I'm familiar with, that's for sure! :thanks::passitleft:

Sir BeemerBill, I see you are quite familiar with the Gas Lantern light technique, safe to assume it is not a technique one would use on autos? thank you, I just started my auto familiarization, cause my buddy gave me a pile of those type seeds, not what I'm familiar with, that's for sure! :thanks::passitleft:

I use the GLR in the tent all the time and the Diminishing Light Schedule. But I haven't used it with autos. The Autos I have grown were in the greenhouse. I don't think it would be a good idea to try with them. They are already on a set schedule and I don't think it needs to be upset.

I use the GLR in the tent all the time and the Diminishing Light Schedule. But I haven't used it with autos. The Autos I have grown were in the greenhouse. I don't think it would be a good idea to try with them. They are already on a set schedule and I don't think it needs to be upset.

When will you spark up another journal Bill? I was just hoping/ looking for it, all I found was some AWESOME completed grow journals :welldone:

Back
Top Bottom