Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

We all love sparkly buds!

Finished up trimming my Forum today. I found one fully formed seed.
It could be just a Forum seed via nanners or it could be a DDA x Forum.
That could be a really cool cross.
The timing is right for either really.
I have to say that I'm pretty curious about this little seed.
Buttercup wants me to drop it asap.
Since I lost the main cola on my recently harvested Forum,I'm tempted.

Ugh.... I still need to germ test my DDA seeds too. I think I've been putting it off because I hate culling sprouts.
It'll be hard to resist growing them out to maturity. I'll want to see if the 50+ day flowering holds with these like it did for the other DDA I grew.

Seems a bit early to test sprout it! And since you only have one you'd need room for it as well.

And why germ test the DDAs before you want to grow some? Not like they're taking up too much space. :)
I have a new journal coming up. I'll need a plant for that.
My Blueberry and Peppermint Kush are going into the 2x4 when the Bubba and Chemdawg are done.
The Varin gets her own closet. That leaves me with the Mars 2x2 open.
I may have a week or two before I can move ahead with my plans (we talked about earlier today) for that space.

I think I read somewhere that seeds need to dry/mature? a bit after harvest.
I'm letting her sit out for a little bit.
Buttercup said I could drop her now. He seldom waits for seeds to dry before he does a germination test.

That said...I'll be waiting for a little bit before I drop it.

Forgot to mention the reason to test germinate the DDAs.
They are going to new 'forever' homes and I want to make sure they are viable before I send them out.

Ugh.... I still need to germ test my DDA seeds too. I think I've been putting it off because I hate culling sprouts.
It'll be hard to resist growing them out to maturity. I'll want to see if the 50+ day flowering holds with these like it did for the other DDA I grew.
Gifts from the ladies are sweet!

So I'm not the only one that happens to, phew. I thought it was way weird when only one of my buds on a plant, the very bottomest, flarfiest, trash bud of the entire plant, had NINE seeds. And it was an auto too - Sour Apple from HSC. Only one that ever did that and I have grown it a bunch. But maybe it's more common than I thought. Does this happen when there's a really late nanners thing or really late whatever that only had time before the chop to form a few seeds, starting at the bottom? That's the way it seems but I trust you and co. more than my observational skills on some things. Thanks!!

Forgot to mention the reason to test germinate the DDAs.
They are going to new 'forever' homes and I want to make sure they are viable before I send them out.

When you say "test germinate", what does that mean exactly? You try growing a few first?

So I'm not the only one that happens to, phew. I thought it was way weird when only one of my buds on a plant, the very bottomest, flarfiest, trash bud of the entire plant, had NINE seeds. And it was an auto too - Sour Apple from HSC. Only one that ever did that and I have grown it a bunch. But maybe it's more common than I thought. Does this happen when there's a really late nanners thing or really late whatever that only had time before the chop to form a few seeds, starting at the bottom? That's the way it seems but I trust you and co. more than my observational skills on some things. Thanks!!
Seeds can develop from stress(genetic or environmental), cross-pollination and from letting the plant mature excessively.
It's kinda rare for an auto to be a hermaphrodite do it but it can happen.
Sativas have this issue a lot more over the indica leaners. When you get into anything with Thai genetics , you really want to be watching the plant in weeks three and four of flower.
If the breeder did their job correctly and stress tested and stabilized their breeding stock ,then it's less likely to happen.
The lone seed that I found was on one of the top arial buds, sticking out of the tip.

When you say "test germinate", what does that mean exactly? You try growing a few first?
Try a few random seeds and see how many sprout and grow into seedlings.

I'll also want to see if the mutation that my DDA has carried over. I expect that it has.

Seeds can develop from stress(genetic or environmental), cross-pollination and from letting the plant mature excessively.
It's kinda rare for an auto to be a hermaphrodite do it but it can happen.
Sativas have this issue a lot more over the indica leaners. When you get into anything with Thai genetics , you really want to be watching the plant in weeks three and four of flower.
If the breeder did their job correctly and stress tested and stabilized their breeding stock ,then it's less likely to happen.
The lone seed that I found was on one of the top arial buds, sticking out of the tip.

Try a few random seeds and see how many sprout and grow into seedlings.

I'll also want to see if the mutation that my DDA has carried over. I expect that it has.
Thanks VG, great info. That makes sense too, cuz I did intentionally let that auto go long. Btw - my photo in last month's POTM contest (which didn't even place, lol) is the sour apple I grew from one of those seeds. In USED soil with no nutes. It destroyed the mom. Was nothing like her in growth pattern or appearance at all which I found surprising.

Thanks VG, great info. That makes sense too, cuz I did intentionally let that auto go long. Btw - my photo in last month's POTM contest (which didn't even place, lol) is the sour apple I grew from one of those seeds. In USED soil with no nutes. It destroyed the mom. Was nothing like her in growth pattern or appearance at all which I found surprising.
Did you have them in the same grow space , using the same light?

Even a small variation in light temperature or environment can bring out different traits in a plant.
For instance, blue lighting makes compact,small leaved plants and red brings out upward growth and larger leaves.
This is why we use a mix of the two. I have a 7000k veg light that keeps my bonsai mom's short. It also miniaturized the leaves and gives them three or five fingers instead of the nine plus finger leaves on my flowering plants or anything I grow under a light using 4000k or below.

So for folks using the sun as part of their lighting, that can mean a big difference between summer and winter grows. Sunlight is warmer in the winter because it's traveling through more atmosphere at a low angle.
I guess so.
I hadn't really given that much thought since my winters are so harsh but for you it certainly would.

I was looking into heating options like mats and cables.
Most I found were like these...
View media item 1851849
Then I came across this one. Some sort of soil probe...
View media item 1851850For some reason I'm naturally drawn to this one.
It's waterproof and rechargeable....

Did you have them in the same grow space , using the same light?

Even a small variation in light temperature or environment can bring out different traits in a plant.
For instance, blue lighting makes compact,small leaved plants and red brings out upward growth and larger leaves.
This is why we use a mix of the two. I have a 7000k veg light that keeps my bonsai mom's short. It also miniaturized the leaves and gives them three or five fingers instead of the nine plus finger leaves on my flowering plants or anything I grow under a light using 4000k or below.
No totally different. But, that explains it even more, cuz the one that made the nine seeds went from one pro LED in a tent, to two blurples in my temporary garage auto rig, with crazy temp and Rh swings. I thought I might get away with it with an auto so I tried it. Lol. Even autos will turn if you beat them up enough. Thanks!

Gifts from the ladies are sweet!
I seem to get a single seed on my plants pretty regularly.
I let mine go pretty long though.

I Wanna Be Sedated.....:theband:
I was thinking that certain states use that on you before you can exercise control over your reproduction, but that's certainly not the only interpretation. :)
Lol.

I dunno...it came up under plant warmer.

No totally different. But, that explains it even more, cuz the one that made the nine seeds went from one pro LED in a tent, to two blurples in my temporary garage auto rig, with crazy temp and Rh swings. I thought I might get away with it with an auto so I tried it. Lol. Even autos will turn if you beat them up enough. Thanks!
That's a few stressors.
Was she flowering during the environment and light changes?

Back
Top Bottom