Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Well, we are thinking alike! I went back and looked at reviews of the Vivosun and the Gorilla - they both have some negative reviews but there are always people who are never happy with anything - and I think I’m gonna pull the trigger on a 2x4 Gorilla Lite Line. Hopefully that should work well for me. I have too many plants right now with too little room (my first grow). Once I get them through the next few months my plan is to have a perpetual auto grow with 1- 3 plants only. I think that size should work for that plan?
My only hesitation about that particular tent is how thin the canvas is.
It says 210D. If you can go with the regular line of tents from them their canvas is rated at 1680D. This is drastically thicker and more sturdy. I know that it is about $80 more. It will be $80 well spent.

Well, we are thinking alike! I went back and looked at reviews of the Vivosun and the Gorilla - they both have some negative reviews but there are always people who are never happy with anything - and I think I’m gonna pull the trigger on a 2x4 Gorilla Lite Line. Hopefully that should work well for me. I have too many plants right now with too little room (my first grow). Once I get them through the next few months my plan is to have a perpetual auto grow with 1- 3 plants only. I think that size should work for that plan?
Might be worth while looking into Mammoth tents as well, I've got a couple and I've been happy with them.

It says 210D. If you can go with the regular line of tents from them their canvas is rated at 1680D. This is drastically thicker and more sturdy. I know that it is about $80 more. It will be $80 well spent.
Thank you VG. I missed that when I put it in the cart but went back and grabbed the 1680D canvas one. I did look at the mammoth tents on a site called Growers House and they also had the regular line of the Gorilla and the 2x4 was about $30 cheaper than Amazon. When I went to leave the site I was given the ability to “make an offer” on the tent so I offered $200 - which is another $44 off their price. They just came back and countered $227 with free shipping. Sound like a good price? PriceWaiter was the name of the service they are using....

Thank you VG. I missed that when I put it in the cart but went back and grabbed the 1680D canvas one. I did look at the mammoth tents on a site called Growers House and they also had the regular line of the Gorilla and the 2x4 was about $30 cheaper than Amazon. When I went to leave the site I was given the ability to “make an offer” on the tent so I offered $200 - which is another $44 off their price. They just came back and countered $227 with free shipping. Sound like a good price? PriceWaiter was the name of the service they are using....
Hey. That sounds great.
For a tiny bit more you'll get way better quality!!!
Glad I could help.

went back and grabbed the 1680D canvas one
Phewf! :thumb:

I know. I'm so glad that I took the time to look at it for her. That's a huge difference in thickness. She will be so much happier now.

My job is done here....lol
:passitleft:

Come and grow with us!?!?!

Haha. Well right now I’m jealous of the weed you are growing! Hopefully your early houseguest was so awed by your grow and your weed that he is snoozing and you can finish preparing for his arrival!
The weed grows itself. Lol
I just have to feed twice a week. Occasionally move a light or up pot a plant.
I've been handling them a lot less and I think it has been beneficial.
I posted on one of my other journals about touch sensitivity in plants. These being autos, I thought it was even more important to leave them be. I didn't want to slow them down at all.

How's your back Vg, better?
It's on fire. Been hard to get through the last couple of days.
May have to go back on muscle relaxers and anti-spasmodics. They make me lose large chunks of time and I don't act like myself. I really don't like them. I'm getting pretty desperate for some kind of relief though.
I've been trying to tough it out hoping it will let up. It's just not happening. My arms and hands are numb and that isn't a good sign. I have to have a pretty bad pinched nerve for that to happen.
Been doing some physical therapy exercises. Hopefully they will loosen me up and allow my neck to crack and it will be gone as quickly as it came on.

Enough of that nonsense....

Join me!?!?!?

Good morning/afternoon VG !
I have a question for you, if you've got a minute....
IIRC, you had a seedling problem a while back, they seemed to be dying from a fungus or something?
I'm having that problem now, and was wondering what you found was causing it, and what you did to fix that problem?
I just had 2 die on me from "damping off", and I'd really like for that not to happen again.... :(
I'd really appreciate any advice you could give me, before I kill again...:rip:

The weed grows itself. Lol
I just have to feed twice a week. Occasionally move a light or up pot a plant.
I've been handling them a lot less and I think it has been beneficial.
I posted on one of my other journals about touch sensitivity in plants. These being autos, I thought it was even more important to leave them be. I didn't want to slow them down at all.

It's on fire. Been hard to get through the last couple of days.
May have to go back on muscle relaxers and anti-spasmodics. They make me lose large chunks of time and I don't act like myself. I really don't like them. I'm getting pretty desperate for some kind of relief though.
I've been trying to tough it out hoping it will let up. It's just not happening. My arms and hands are numb and that isn't a good sign. I have to have a pretty bad pinched nerve for that to happen.
Been doing some physical therapy exercises. Hopefully they will loosen me up and allow my neck to crack and it will be gone as quickly as it came on.

Enough of that nonsense....

Join me!?!?!?
Do you ice your neck V?

Do you ice your neck V?

Highya Stone. :love: :love: :love:
I do and it does help a little bit.
I should try to do it twice a such though.
I'm still pushing myself to do things.
I'm stubborn. No doubt about that.

Good morning/afternoon VG !
I have a question for you, if you've got a minute....
IIRC, you had a seedling problem a while back, they seemed to be dying from a fungus or something?
I'm having that problem now, and was wondering what you found was causing it, and what you did to fix that problem?
I just had 2 die on me from "damping off", and I'd really like for that not to happen again.... :(
I'd really appreciate any advice you could give me, before I kill again...:rip:
Mine was mildew water from a dirty spray bottle. When I saw that they were damping off I cut them with a 1" stem and stuck them in perlite. I saved 2 of 3 this way. Falstaffo had something happen to one of his plants. I think the stem broke off pretty short.
I encouraged him to try to save her and she turned out really nice. He stuck her in some coco. It was Ultra Violet from his DSS grow.

Mine was mildew water from a dirty spray bottle.
Oof!- I didn't think about the water- I'll sterilize my water container- water and soil are what the 2 casualties had in common, so the next seeds are going into sterilized soil,and watered from a sterilized container.
It was mildew that killed mine- within a couple of hours after they died, the stems got that weblike white stuff on them.
Thank You,VG!

Oof!- I didn't think about the water- I'll sterilize my water container- water and soil are what the 2 casualties had in common, so the next seeds are going into sterilized soil,and watered from a sterilized container.
It was mildew that killed mine- within a couple of hours after they died, the stems got that weblike white stuff on them.
Thank You,VG!
Do you soak your seeds in water and h202? It sterilizes and softens the seed husk. Just another precaution if you are being extra careful.

Back
Top Bottom