Virgin Ground And The Little Star Asterion

Hi VG,

I’m Thirteen,

Today I made it to the end of the Internet, on the way back to civilization I found your journal.

Regarding the ProxMix. 420 user Farside05 has a link to make your own Faux-Mix that’s based on HP Pro-Mix. Peat, perlite, espoma lime, add your own mycos and call it a day.

Nice garden!
Thanks 013.

Welcome to my journal. :ciao:
I have his faux mix bookmarked. I was going to make my own but they are sold out of peat moss at my store right now.
I already have the lime and need perlite anyway. Just missing a major ingredient.

I can source tiny bags but they are not cost effective.

I'm just glad that I found something close and cheap. I was sweating it earlier. Soil is a seasonal item where I live. We have a limited supply and I have to stock up for the 6 months they don't offer it.
Found that out the hard way. Ended up running Hempy for a bit.

Hey there Miss VG,

Thanks for the welcome! I’ve mixed a few batches, still have 3/4ths of a bale forked up with rabbit manure + amendments cooking away now. I can find peat & perlite year round at the big box stores here but they only carry worm castings in season. The grow shops are few & far between in these parts so worm castings, amendments & nutes are pricey.

Yes they are pretty proud of those small bags! Prefer soil myself but I’m gonna try some hempy one day.

Hi VG! :passitleft: You have some really beautiful plants there.:yummy:. The colors on the dark one are amazing! Stay safe and stay stoned.

Hey there Miss VG,

Thanks for the welcome! I’ve mixed a few batches, still have 3/4ths of a bale forked up with rabbit manure + amendments cooking away now. I can find peat & perlite year round at the big box stores here but they only carry worm castings in season. The grow shops are few & far between in these parts so worm castings, amendments & nutes are pricey.

Yes they are pretty proud of those small bags! Prefer soil myself but I’m gonna try some hempy one day.
You have your own bunnies??
I've been thinking about getting some.
I know you can use the manure right out of the bunny. No need to compost.

Hempy is fun. You can grow giant plants in tiny containers. My girls got away from me. I supercropped a few times and they were still 5' tall in just 10ltr buckets.
Hi VG! :passitleft: You have some really beautiful plants there.:yummy:. The colors on the dark one are amazing! Stay safe and stay stoned.
Highya Fred.
The Dark Devil auto has been on my list since I joined 420 and first saw SweetSue's grow.
Two years later and here I am.....finally.

:passitleft: Right back at ya.

No bunnies yet but maybe in future, scored some rabbit pellets from a friend. Was thinking of modifying the chicken tractor concept into a rabbit tractor. Build the rabbit hutch on wheels or a small trailer and move it 10 feet at a time every other month in the outdoor garden.

Yes I’ve seen some incredibly big plants in hempy on here, I suspect that I would personally tend to burn shit up unless it has a large soil-like buffer

No bunnies yet but maybe in future, scored some rabbit pellets from a friend. Was thinking of modifying the chicken tractor concept into a rabbit tractor. Build the rabbit hutch on wheels or a small trailer and move it 10 feet at a time every other month in the outdoor garden.

Yes I’ve seen some incredibly big plants in hempy on here, I suspect that I would personally tend to burn shit up unless it has a large soil-like buffer
I like the concept. I used to do something like that on a smaller scale....with guinea pigs and a clothes basket.

I would love to have a few Flemish Giants. They are the size of my dog.
Silly things can be litter box trained.

Hempy is fun but you have to pH everything. I may do a few more runs but for now I like Pro Mix.

@InTheShed or @Amy Gardner

I would like to freeze my decarbed bud overnight because its too late do do an oven run. Do I need to cool it at all before tossing the foil pack in the freezer? Any concerns of condensation??

I freeze decarbed bud all the time. My dad's AK-47 was decarbed all at once to add to his cookie butter when I infuse it. Straight out of the oven would be better because they will never be drier...so no condensation.
Alrighty then. Thanks for letting me bug you. :love:

Mornin y'all.
I weighed my decarbed trim and it came out to 30 gr on the nuts.
I've only used popcorn bud to make my oil. Not entirely sure how much evoo to add.
I'll start looking. In the meantime if any of you know...let me too, please?? :love:

Highya VG,

I'd use 1/2 cup of oil. Most would add at least a cup. I think a cup would give you some noticeably tasty and effective oil. Just my $.02. Happy Oilin'

:thanks: Bode-1/2 c
:thanks:HH-1 c
Me- ??

I'm slightly inclined to add some Purple Punch buds and just run it through the MB2.

Here is the trim smashed up a bit so you can see what I'm working with. It is the standard size jar.
View media item 1768706

they are sold out of peat moss at my store right now.
I already have the lime and need perlite anyway. Just missing a major ingredient.

grab as many bales as you can if it shows up. there is really nothing shipping out of canada at the moment. it isn't even moving inside the country.

trucking is all tied up with other stuff, or restricted. it is not considered priority. we are having a hard time with soil right now as well. the big places are scrambling to get stuff going. wood and lumber products may be affected as well. the priority has been given to keeping food moving.

how are you making your oil vg ?

you need an instant pot. it's so easy i forget about all the hoops i used to jump through.

that can be an issue with some later in flower. i find the biggest issue is finding a sweet spot to keep everyone fed happy. it's hard when doing multiple strains. i don't feed for individual plants, and try for a compromise level.

last hempy harvest ..

the two advantages to hempy are size of plant relative to bucket size, and cost. that's it.
it's by far the cheapest method out there short of planting outdoors.

grab as many bales as you can if it shows up. there is really nothing shipping out of canada at the moment. it isn't even moving inside the country.

trucking is all tied up with other stuff, or restricted. it is not considered priority. we are having a hard time with soil right now as well. the big places are scrambling to get stuff going. wood and lumber products may be affected as well. the priority has been given to keeping food moving.

how are you making your oil vg ?

you need an instant pot. it's so easy i forget about all the hoops i used to jump through.
Ugh. Thanks for the heads up about the soil. Will do my best.

Right now I'm doing stove method unless I decide to add more bud. I'm stoned and waffling about it. Annoying.

Been told that I need an instant pot and I agree. Just need a bunch of other stuff first.

the good news is a bunch shipped already -- i guess it mostly moves starting in jan - feb. has to get to where it needs for the spring season. so a bunch would have gone out before everything got stupid.

Hi Bluter,

Good to know that peat is not shipping from Canada, I’m sitting on a bale plus have a batch cooking, may horde up another bundle. Bought the pen, calibration liquid, ph up & down, tried some hydro but first stunted then burnt up a batch or three of autos. I hate trying to account for ph drift.

Very nice flowers you got going there!! I guess a lot are using MegaCrop nutes on the hempy - would that be a correct statement? Two of the biggest advantages I can see would be small containers & being able to move stuff around easily. Probably grow a bit faster

Not entirely sure how much evoo to add.
A bit late to the party..but I do 1oz per cup of oil, but I always have to do 2 cups because
that's the minimum in the MBM.
1oz per cup makes for some pretty potent oil, but if your tolerance is fairly high (as yours might be :cheesygrinsmiley: ),
you might want to do just half a cup.

A bit late to the party..but I do 1oz per cup of oil, but I always have to do 2 cups because
that's the minimum in the MBM.
1oz per cup makes for some pretty potent oil, but if your tolerance is fairly high (as yours might be :cheesygrinsmiley: ),
you might want to do just half a cup.
I have a bit of a tolerance, yes. I eat 4 cookies to his 1/2 cookie...
Yes! Creepy on steroids feeling! Not my mouth though oh my!
No one came to see if I was ok.
I screamed super loud too.
I'm not sure how to feel about that.
Underappreciated maybe??

Headed out soon to get some Pro Mix. I've had a super busy day so far. I'm tired and I have had no cookies today.

Back
Top Bottom