ViparSpectra KS5000 Helps GDB Seek Anxiety!

Another IKR!

A few weeks ago I read a post where someone (don't remember who) had just tossed some cuttings into tap water and got them to root. So when I cleaned up the Crescendo a bit I tossed a few of the low cuttings into distilled water. As of yesterday they both had roots!

But clones tend to get in the way...change plans...and limit the number of new strains I can try.

But the Crescendo is from Ethos genetics and I've been wanting to try them for a while. I didn't get to treat this first plant the way I wanted to so now I've got some do-overs! But that means my next grow will be limited to, at most, 3 new (to me) strains.

Like you said, "they've got to grow somewhere."
Since mine went south I’m looking forward to seeing if you get the supposed thc level out of her. The whole reason I got the Crescendo was the 30-37% claim! Hope you do.

Since mine went south I’m looking forward to seeing if you get the supposed thc level out of her. The whole reason I got the Crescendo was the 30-37% claim! Hope you do.
Went south?

Hello folks.

Recently I mentioned how I had gotten 2 cuts from my Crescendo to root by just plunking them into distilled water.

Well today I put those cuts into solo cups. Since they're not really babies I used Lush soil. I also gave them a generous portion of mycos.

Cresc cuts 3-16-23.jpg

Here's a better shot of the roots:
Cresc cut roots 3-16-23.jpg

And done:
Cresc cuts solos 3-16-23.jpg

So now they're sitting about 6 inches below my mini-led and I've got more questions than answers!
Cresc cuts miniled 3-16-23 .JPG

Since I rooted them using only distilled water and patience, I'm torn. Things are not looking up for my GDBCloner®. If I can get cuttings to root in this fashion, I don't see a need to add additional steps to the process. (And this is the way I have rooted my ornamental plants for decades. But "dim bulb" never thought to try it with weed.)

Fortunately, sales of the GDBCloner® will not plummet. (But that's only because I've never sold a single one.)

------------

First, let me say that I'm not at all surprised by how dim my bulb can get sometimes. It's almost like I suffer the outages that @carmen describes in South Africa.

When @Jon suggested the Crescendo as a high-THC strain I might like, he cited THC ratings in the upper 30's, damn near at 40%. So my anxiety-seeking ass jumped on 'em. I found out where I could get them, bought them and sent one swimming. I found some from Ethos genetics too, so I was really pumped because I've been wanting to try Ethos for a while.

What I didn't do was read any thing about the strain itself. And today when I was looking at her among the other plants was the first time I realized that "something" was different about her. I did a little research on the strain and, long story short, I had zero idea I was growing an 80% sativa hybrid. :straightface:

So now what do I do? I've purposely stayed away from sativas because they get so tall.

I've got the cuttings on a stack of books to get them close to the mini-led hoping to keep them low.

And one (maybe both) of the cuttings has pistils on her. Does that mean I've monstercropped and will have to wait on reveg?

I guess this could be fun, but I've got some reading to do!

-----------

And here's a tent pic of the Anxiety group on Flip + 44 (28 for Crescendo):

ANX tent1 3-16-23 F44-28.jpg

I truly appreciate your interest in my grow.

PEACE.

Hello folks.

Recently I mentioned how I had gotten 2 cuts from my Crescendo to root by just plunking them into distilled water.

Well today I put those cuts into solo cups. Since they're not really babies I used Lush soil. I also gave them a generous portion of mycos.

Cresc cuts 3-16-23.jpg

Here's a better shot of the roots:
Cresc cut roots 3-16-23.jpg

And done:
Cresc cuts solos 3-16-23.jpg

So now they're sitting about 6 inches below my mini-led and I've got more questions than answers!
Cresc cuts miniled 3-16-23 .JPG

Since I rooted them using only distilled water and patience, I'm torn. Things are not looking up for my GDBCloner®. If I can get cuttings to root in this fashion, I don't see a need to add additional steps to the process. (And this is the way I have rooted my ornamental plants for decades. But "dim bulb" never thought to try it with weed.)

Fortunately, sales of the GDBCloner® will not plummet. (But that's only because I've never sold a single one.)

------------

First, let me say that I'm not at all surprised by how dim my bulb can get sometimes. It's almost like I suffer the outages that @carmen describes in South Africa.

When @Jon suggested the Crescendo as a high-THC strain I might like, he cited THC ratings in the upper 30's, damn near at 40%. So my anxiety-seeking ass jumped on 'em. I found out where I could get them, bought them and sent one swimming. I found some from Ethos genetics too, so I was really pumped because I've been wanting to try Ethos for a while.

What I didn't do was read any thing about the strain itself. And today when I was looking at her among the other plants was the first time I realized that "something" was different about her. I did a little research on the strain and, long story short, I had zero idea I was growing an 80% sativa hybrid. :straightface:

So now what do I do? I've purposely stayed away from sativas because they get so tall.

I've got the cuttings on a stack of books to get them close to the mini-led hoping to keep them low.

And one (maybe both) of the cuttings has pistils on her. Does that mean I've monstercropped and will have to wait on reveg?

I guess this could be fun, but I've got some reading to do!

-----------

And here's a tent pic of the Anxiety group on Flip + 44 (28 for Crescendo):

ANX tent1 3-16-23 F44-28.jpg

I truly appreciate your interest in my grow.

PEACE.
those crescendos are packing on some serious weight can't wait to see them in a few weeks

Hey we have monstercrop clones going together! I have to get mine in solo's soon. Nice!
Yes you do, because I need to see what you do with them. I'm clueless!

Help a brotha' out Stone. :Rasta:

When @Jon suggested the Crescendo as a high-THC strain I might like, he cited THC ratings in the upper 30's, damn near at 40%. So my anxiety-seeking ass jumped on 'em.
Sounds great so far...
did a little research on the strain and, long story short, I had zero idea I was growing an 80% sativa hybrid. :straightface:
Hmmm...
I've purposely stayed away from sativas because they get so tall.
There's some of that anxiety ... 🤔
Maybe the 20% indica will keep her on the shorter side?
Nice job on those clones- that's definitely the easy way to do it!

Yes but your grows are not dim, they are inspired. You know how to make the magic GDB! I am envious of the Ethos. One of my favourite strains ever was an Ethos breed, Inzane In The Membrane. I just smoked the last of mine from my 2021 harvest and it was still great. It was a nice speedy sativa that. I look forward to the smoke report on the mad Crescendo! :passitleft:

those crescendos are packing on some serious weight can't wait to see them in a few weeks
Thanks con. There's only 1 Crescendo in the tent (front right in the last pic). :)

Sounds great so far...

Hmmm...

There's some of that anxiety ... 🤔
Maybe the 20% indica will keep her on the shorter side?
Nice job on those clones- that's definitely the easy way to do it!
I learned how to correctly spell the name of the strain. That's about it. :straightface:

Yes but your grows are not dim, they are inspired. You know how to make the magic GDB! I am envious of the Ethos. One of my favourite strains ever was an Ethos breed, Inzane In The Membrane. I just smoked the last of mine from my 2021 harvest and it was still great. It was a nice speedy sativa that. I look forward to the smoke report on the mad Crescendo! :passitleft:
Thanks for the kind words Ms. Carmen!

I too look forward to partaking of the Ethos genetics. I've only heard good things about them! :Rasta:

well shit, Lol! they all are looking good still suffer from brain fog/short attention span
What were we talking about? :laugh:

Yes you do, because I need to see what you do with them. I'm clueless!

Help a brotha' out Stone. :Rasta:
I did them once so we can do it again. Patience is all it takes I think! I wish @Trala would help us both! She's on this game and is missing my calls so far. I'm waiting for all mine to make roots so I can shut down the machine. Then I'll pot em up.

I did them once so we can do it again. Patience is all it takes I think! I wish @Trala would help us both! She's on this game and is missing my calls so far. I'm waiting for all mine to make roots so I can shut down the machine. Then I'll pot em up.
I've been doing some reading and it doesn't seem to be a big deal. Like you say, patience is required. :)

MIne are kind of in a corner away from things so I have to remember to water! I better set up a page in my book to keep me right!
I'm going to water mine from the bottom for about a week or two, depending on how they do.

Hello grow group!

It's Flip + 46 for the Anxiety group (and Flip +30 for the Crescendo). Once again I'm pleased to report that there is not much to report. I'm just watching and waiting. IMO, the next big thing will be when some of these pistils start changing colors. Thus far, they are mostly all still white.
ANX tent 3-18-23 F46-30.jpg

The girls are getting full coverage by the @ViparSpectra KS5000.
ANX tent above 3-18-23 F46-30.jpg

All of the plants were given a drink of silica last night, dosed at 5ml per gallon.

-----------------------

I took a few solo shots yesterday. Early on in this grow I started hyping the Gush Mints and the tent's Big Kahuna. But later on I thought the Reeze McFlurry had walked the GM down due to the RM's superior stacking.

Well, I can waffle with the best of them and now I'm back on board with the GM as Ruler of the Roost. She's proved that she can stack 'em too and, plain and simple, she's just larger!

RM (flip 45)
RM1 3-17-23 F45.JPG

GM (flip 45)
GM1 3-17-23 F45.JPG

The curly-leafed Purple Star Killer remains a little strange but shows signs of improvement.
PSK 3-17-23 F45.JPG

Despite her strangeness, thus far she's the frostiest plant in there.
PSK frost 23-17-23 F45.JPG

----------------

In the 2x2 the GM clone on her Flip + 9 continues to make that tent fan look smaller and smaller.
GM clone 3-18-23 F9.jpg

I think that I'll soon turn up the @ViparSpectra XS1500 from 75% to 100% power. I think she may be ready for the full load!

That's all I've got for now.

As always, thank you for stopping by.

PEACE.

Back
Top Bottom